Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

1.503 Zaladar: Just Desserts

I wanted to make a Zaladar deck since you don’t see too many of them out there and a great way to start posting some interesting decks again. Please Review and let me know what you guys, or gals, think.

Zaladar: Just desserts

Allies:
    3x Brutalis
    3x Gargoyle
    3x Death mage Thaddeus
    3x Chimera
    3x Shadow Knight

Abilities:
    2x Energy Discharge
    3x Conversion
    4x Mind control
    3x Shriek
    2x Bazaar
    3x Bad Santa
    3x Ley Line Nexus

Armor:
    4x Shadow Armor

I designed this deck after working on a rogue deck and I was intrigued by the mechanics of Ill-Gotten Gains and I was looking for something similar, my answer was Shadow Armor, now the basic stradegy is similar to the Zaladar burn at the beginning of 1.29 with shadow font.

T1 hold
    T2 Brutalis, Santa Bomb
    T3 Gargoyle, DMT
    T4 Chimera
    T5 Any Ally, or destroy item with Ley Line Nexus
    T6 Shadow Armor

Anyone who has tried to build a Elemental deck has found that a big problem with them is the lack of uni-lateral draw. The problem has been lightened with Sacrifcial lamb, however Zaladar needs all the monsters he can get so her is the problem how do you get cards when you need it but not give away free cards to your opponent. With shadow Armor every time you kill an ally you get a shadow point this makes Zaladar super powerful. With this armor out, you filling up your opponents hand with bad santa, and Bazaar is less crippling.

Anyways hope you guys enjoy

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    That's an interesting concept, but huge problem with Shadow Armor is that it's slowly kills your hero. Opponent may throw weenies at you and you will receive 2 damage for them. I think Shadow Font looks more reliable.

You say that Zal needs all the monsters, but still include Conversion, and it's understandable because you need heal. But you won't heal much, you can heal 4 health from Brutalis for 4 resources, that's ok but what if use Life Infusion on Brutalis and than heal from it? It's 6 resources, but 9 health - that's better than priest can do!
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Unruler View Post
    That's an interesting concept, but huge problem with Shadow Armor is that it's slowly kills your hero. Opponent may throw weenies at you and you will receive 2 damage for them. I think Shadow Font looks more reliable.

You say that Zal needs all the monsters, but still include Conversion, and it's understandable because you need heal. But you won't heal much, you can heal 4 health from Brutalis for 4 resources, that's ok but what if use Life Infusion on Brutalis and than heal from it? It's 6 resources, but 9 health - that's better than priest can do!
    I agree completely but the main reason I put Conversion in there is because with this deck you are going to need the healing, and there aren't enough monsters in the graveyard to use soul reaper (Usually) and when they use freeze or web or something that makes my monster useless, i can make the best out of a bad situation. Also thank you for the Life conversion comment I am going to try and see if it fits into this deck