Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Human Hunter Deck.

After playing around with Banebow I have decided to make another Hunter deck but using Gwenneth Truesight... yes she has no ability which currently works which is a real shame but the human cards seem to work so much better.

Firstly I have not been using any Arrows, yes they do 2 damage per turn but I am using cheap allies so I can get them down instead and find I just end up sacrificing them. The main reason for using cheaper allies is that a I can lay a trap plus an ally which means I can stay in control of the board better and keep the upper hand.

I have been testing Tracking in my deck, it seems to work well as it helps me decide when I need to lay a trap and when I need to lay an ally. It also gives me the ability to see how many Fireballs my opponents have (seeing most people play mage deck), again this tells me when its save to lay allies.

What makes the biggest difference with this deck to Banebow is that I get Retreat, this card is just so good when combined with Death Trap. Especially when Aeons come onto the field. I can retreat them for 2 Resource and then lay a Death Trap for 3 which then completely prevents my opponent from being able to summon then again. Once I am in control of the board I can lay down my Aeons to finsih the game. (have to make sure these are not sacrifised)

Obviously not having Banebows ability to hit targets is a huge loss but the ally cards and Retreat make up for this in my oppinon.

Below is the setup I am currently running, only 30 cards so I do have room for additional cards if required, especially with weapons coming soon. I am considering adding a couple of Ravens in just to give me a couple more allies with more hitpoints as Lightning Strike can really cause me problems.

1x Gwen

4x Blake Windrunner
    4x Jasmine Rosecult
    3x Aldone the Brave
    3x Aeon Stormcaller

4x Death Trap
    4x Net Trap
    4x Retreat
    3x Tracking
    Last edited by TotallyImba; 03-14-2011 at 05:07 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You'd be better off without Net Trap or Tracking, in my opinion.. Playing defensive, as is the case with your deck, is really at a disadvantage without hunter weapons and armor.. I'd suggest having Arrows, or Extra Sharp or even Special Delivery. Just an opinion though

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I'm running quite a similar deck. To make up for the lack of the Hero's ability, I use the 3/6 card that removes their attack, upon attacking. (I suppose, roughly speaking, these are in place of the tracking cards - never felt I could justify giving up a term to use them, but maybe I'll try)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    sounds like you guys play hunters, you know theres a guild for that! you should check it out we can help you with strategy and what not also.
    Guild: Marksmen
    Marksmen Logo (Yeah that's right we have our own logo, made by me).
    "We are Hunters, and you are our prey.. Fear not the allies you can see. Fear only the arrow that will pierce through your hero.."

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Doublea View Post
    sounds like you guys play hunters, you know theres a guild for that! you should check it out we can help you with strategy and what not also.
    Thanks, just asked to join.

Came up against two Wulfen decks who used the 'play no allies, draw the game out' technique, and lost both times. It's not as bad at dealing with them as my previous deck was, because the retreat cards mean you can send cards back to your hand that are trapped or confused. But the small number of cards in the deck means its quite hard to win against this type of opponent... If anyone has any ideas for how they counter that strategy it would be cool.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Aeon Stormcaller with Reinforced Armor seems to work for me. If you want, you can add in a few Dirks.. Just make sure that he has used Captured Prey and Rabid Bite.