Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Zaladar Death Race Help

Hey everyone,

Im fairly new to the game, been playing about a week and got hooked fast . Already ashamed of the amount of money ive dropped on it. That being said I have narrowed my decks down to a few choices..and im trying to settle on my "main deck". The thing is, I really love this Zaladar death race deck that i have. Its easily my most enjoyable deck.. but I have not yet figured out how to make it consistent. I figure im winning anywhere from 50-75% of my matches with it..and that just wont do.

Here is my card list:

Allies
    1x Zaladar
    4x Deathbone
    4x Fire Snake
    4x Hellsteed
    4x Dark Flayer
    4x Spark

Abilities
    1x Energy Discharge
    4x Mind Control
    3x Feedback
    4x Bad Santa

Items
    4x Shard of Power
    3x Bazaar
    4x Ghostmaker

Total: 44 Cards

The deck is a lot of fun. When you win..you REALLY win..but when you lose its usually a slow and frustrating loss where you are never able to recover from something the opponent did.

The big issue seems to be board control.. once I lose it it is really hard to get it back. I included one Energy Discharge in the deck to try to combat this a little bit but obviously thats not enough, and the 5 health cost on it really doesnt mesh well with this deck. I have no healing, and no effective way of adding it.

The worst was against a Lance today. I got him down to 2 health and then lost board control. He killed my from full health to zero before I was able to take those last two health. Incredibly frustrating.

Honestly im not sure if a deck like this is even plausible. But the successes that ive had with it, sporadic though they may be, have made me want to at least give it an honest attempt at making it work. Its easily my most fun deck right now .

So.. any advice on how to improve this is very much appreciated. Alternatively, if you can think of any other more viable decks that might fit this playstyle, id also be interested to know that too. If I cant make this type of deck work with Zaladar, maybe I can do it better with someone else.

Thanks!
    Last edited by Damoklese; 04-23-2012 at 09:22 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Well, as you may already guessed, it's a very unreliable strategy.

I can give you some advice about your deck however:

- add Bloodlust, maybe instead of Shard or in addition.
    - drop Feedback, I don't think it's useful here.
    - Ghostmaker is questionable too, maybe replace with Dimension Ripper.
    - consider some Shadow Fonts, they may help to finish off the hero.
    - add Soul Reaper for heals.
    Last edited by Unruler; 04-23-2012 at 11:38 AM.
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Shard decks are not very competitive, the reason being that so many classes an kill or control your monsters so easily. Here is a small list of things that will cover most games you will play, cripple blow, lightning strike, poison arrow, kris, DMT etc. Both kris and DMT pretty much covers all matchups having something that can slow your shard deck and as soon as you lose the board it is game over for you. The only thing that seems really out of place in a shard deck is feedback as if your not in a winning position by turn 5/6 then your not going to win.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I use my Zaladar the Glutton deck for death racing with Zaladar. Shadow Font is pretty much a must for a rush deck.

Also, if you are dropping money into the game if you pre-order physical cards you get awesome bonuses plus pretty much double shadow crystals.
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have been messing with a similar zaladar deck, less rush and more fatties though,
    it isn't really refined have messed with variations that include sparks, I found if I rushed too well,
    often the opponent will quit on turn 4 and 'the match was too short to gain any xp', this at least
    seems to be able to keep up with a human rush (though PotL can cause problems).

4x deathbone
    4x dark flayer
    3x death mage thadeus
    3x shadow knight
    4x molton destroyer
    3x wulven tracker

4x mind control
    2x blood lust
    3x sacrificial lamb
    1x soul reaper

2x shriek
    2x lay line nexus

4x ghostmaker

probably not terribly competitive but has been fun.