Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Question crashed after unlock (ics)

Samsung galaxy s2
    Cyanogenmod 9 22. 04 (ics 4.0.4)
    When I playing then lock and unlock phone (when I do myself or autolock), game crashed(or exit)
    Is it normal or no ?
    It is hard for me playing with always screen on.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Is this happening consistently or intermittently? If intermittently, how frequent is it?

This doesn't seem to be a problem on my Asus Transformer Prime both with slide unlock and a pin. But it's running stock ICS 4.0.3 though.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This problem occurs each time. In case of any status of game (and right at the beginning when there is a game loading. And during the game).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Are you on Wi-Fi, 3G, or both when this happens? Have you noticed the app crashing without the SGS2 being locked?

If you haven't already, try these general troubleshooting steps individually and do the next step if the previous didn't help.

1) Restart your device.
    2) Closing any unused apps and/or services will help with performance problems.
    3) Uninstall Shadow Era and then reinstall it. Ensure you're installing from the Play Store(previously known as Android Market) or from our download(http://www.shadowera.com/download.php) page.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You can see video with this problem
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RsNB...e_gdata_player

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    it happens in both cases of the Internet.
    reset, reinstallation and reinstallation with cleaning of data (and application use from an official site) doesn't help. Occurs too most as on video but if not to lock the screen it is possible to play quietly.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Found a way out for itself of this problem. If to minimize application, then to disable the screen. Application won't be closed.
    Last edited by Rim13; 04-23-2012 at 07:17 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Maybe it's some issue with the custom ROM, it works fine on stock ICS for me. You should be able to enter the lock screen with the app in the foreground; locking your device should not crash the app, normally.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The problem has something to do with ICS. I noticed it as soon as I upgraded from Gingerbread. If you lock the phone with Shadow Era open, it closes the app, so that when you unlock your phone you are back on your home screen. And when you open Shadow Era again you have to log in.

The way around this, as Rim has already mentioned, is to minimize the app before locking your phone, or letting the screen timeout. It's still pretty annoying though because I've had to set my screen timeout to 5 minutes, which is fine for playing, but if I'm watching games and forget to periodically tap the screen it goes off and the app closes.

This happens on both a rooted and unrooted stock ICS 4.0.3 ROM (Galaxy SII)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I can confirm this on stock ICS ROM on an HTC One X. App open, power button to lock screen, then power back on and unlock screen, app instantly closes.

However, if you press home first, then lock the screen and proceed to unlock it, the app is still active if you switch back to it. Odd.