Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Logan Hammer

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You're playing logan... so why only 4 weapons? Why not add in some BE or duel wield?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmet476 View Post
    Logan is not even a female name. Why do you think every pair of heroes must have one male and one female?

One of the PFGers said Ter Adun was gonna get help with the expansion or set 2 w/e, can't remember now. Will Logan get help too? Because he is really fun to play. I started playing near the end of 1.29, didn't have much chance to play him in his glory days but BE bug prevented me from playing him as well. He is still fun to play and decent builds are possible imo (I might have one )but I keep hearing people say Shadow warrirors have too many bad MUs now. Is that really the case? Being a long time Shadow warrior player, what are your thoughts on that? And also other people of course.
    This here, I don't play logan so maybe it's only obvious when you play him but I find it hard to believe that he can be much worse then boris/amber who are both really great heroes right now. The only real difference is that amber has better damage output, boris ability doesn't have a weapon requirement and the humans can play both retreat and cripple. Is that really enough to but him in the bottom tier of heroes, I find that I run into less logans then baduuru and elementalist which is such a crazy change of pace since last version.

Edit: Also doesn't logan have access to the best unilateral draw in the game with BF + SL, seems like something could be done with that.
    Last edited by Armoek; 04-24-2012 at 03:58 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    BF was the best draw in the game... its not anymore... not without a permanent enrage... and at cost 3, their is no turn 2 play to start spamming the board. more often than not, you have to wait till turn 5 or 6 to cast it. and by then, its sometimes too late.

and LOGAN is a girls name as well as a boys name... ive known 2 girls that were named Logan.

and its not that Logan and Ter Adun have bad matchups per say... its just they are not as strong over all as other heroes. still tough but you struggle playing them. their abilities are just not anywhere near as cost effective. and once you lose board... its pretty much over.

compare amber and ter adun... Amber gets a PERMANENT +2 to a weapon for 3se vs Ter Adun gets to destroy anything in the support area for 4se... not even close to the same power level.

Boris and Logan are a little bit closer. but Logan requires that weapon to use his ability.

and shadow warriors just do not have the board control that human warriors do... retreat is a BIG deal with human warriors.
    Last edited by Caitlyn0; 04-24-2012 at 08:41 AM.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I did some testing and realised that the problem is that he can't turn 3 or 4 BF without losing the board, as he generally needs to be using a weapon on turn 4. Where boris and amber can both blood frenzy on turn 3 and start retaking the board, boris with a 3 cost ally and ability, amber with weapon and cripple/retreat.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Armoek View Post
    This here, I don't play logan so maybe it's only obvious when you play him but I find it hard to believe that he can be much worse then boris/amber who are both really great heroes right now. The only real difference is that amber has better damage output, boris ability doesn't have a weapon requirement and the humans can play both retreat and cripple. Is that really enough to but him in the bottom tier of heroes, I find that I run into less logans then baduuru and elementalist which is such a crazy change of pace since last version.

Edit: Also doesn't logan have access to the best unilateral draw in the game with BF + SL, seems like something could be done with that.
    I played Logan against a certain hero with a few games. I think it is workable. I also think Logan is definitely better than Baduruu and Elementalis. My current Logan runs BF+Slamb.

Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    BF was the best draw in the game... its not anymore... not without a permanent enrage... and at cost 3, their is no turn 2 play to start spamming the board. more often than not, you have to wait till turn 5 or 6 to cast it. and by then, its sometimes too late.

and LOGAN is a girls name as well as a boys name... ive known 2 girls that were named Logan.

and its not that Logan and Ter Adun have bad matchups per say... its just they are not as strong over all as other heroes. still tough but you struggle playing them. their abilities are just not anywhere near as cost effective. and once you lose board... its pretty much over.

compare amber and ter adun... Amber gets a PERMANENT +2 to a weapon for 3se vs Ter Adun gets to destroy anything in the support area for 4se... not even close to the same power level.

Boris and Logan are a little bit closer. but Logan requires that weapon to use his ability.

and shadow warriors just do not have the board control that human warriors do... retreat is a BIG deal with human warriors.
    About the name you might be right but still the card art looks nothing like a female. I agree Logan's ability is not the best compared to other warriors now. Still though it can take down Aeons and Oggys in a single hit whereas others can't. They have Retreat and Ter has superior item destruction but I don't think Logan's ability is just bad. He has CBs too. I think it's not very different with other warriors too, once you lose the board.

Quote Originally Posted by Armoek View Post
    I did some testing and realised that the problem is that he can't turn 3 or 4 BF without losing the board, as he generally needs to be using a weapon on turn 4. Where boris and amber can both blood frenzy on turn 3 and start retaking the board, boris with a 3 cost ally and ability, amber with weapon and cripple/retreat.
    You can ditch JD and use his favorite weapon on t5. Or just include both and see how it goes.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Logan (Also Logyn, Logain and others) is of Scottish Gaelic origin meaning "little hollow", and is most common as a surname/clan name, but is very popular as both male and female given name, though more popular overall for boys.
    Harakhte - A1's Esoteric Egyptian Enigma
    www.a1-alliance.org - "Evolution in Theory"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    think about this... where are a cow's breasts??? haha.
    lil dark riding hood Queen of A1 Evolution in Theory
    Alliance One recruitment thread
    RED
    my EPIC videos
    Evolution in Theory
    SE Card Price Guide - My Deck Building Guide
    all my decks together
    owner of Earthen Protector flavor text
    Caitlyn™: collecting rage quits since 2011

Evolution in Theory

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Caitlyn0 View Post
    think about this... where are a cow's breasts??? haha.
    Pull the udder one!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I'm sure Ahmet can beautify Logan beyond the boarders of recognition and gender's limitations.
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah, like I did with DC. I think it would be funnier I think given the card art though, if we would like to say one is female, MS definitely looks more like a female with flabby limbs.

Anyway, I'm not buying that Logan might be a she. He definitely doesn't seem anything near to lady-like. If he is a lady, I pity him. No male cow will like her.