Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Need deck building help (warrior)

So I'm going to make a few of these threads across the different sections and hope that I can get some decent feedback. By far the only really lacking part of this game is that there really isn't an active community forum for me to talk to people on. Getting simple questions answered is easy, but the General Discussion forum is doesn't seem to get much activity, as do any of the others. I hope you guys can help me.

I started playing a few days ago, and at first I was doing okay. Lost my first game, but had a decent win/loss ratio after that. And then I just started losing all the time. Game after game after game. I am getting really discouraged at this point. So I figure I will post my deck build and perhaps get some suggestions on how to improve my card composition. Please give some detailed feedback (meaning not just "too many cards" or "not enough support"), so I can have a good idea on how to improve.

Here is my deck composition:

1x Boris Skullcrusher
    1x Jasmine Rosecult
    3x Dirk Saber
    1x Lily Rosecult
    2x Kristoffer Wyld
    3x Puwen Bloodhelm
    2x Birgitte Skullborn
    1x Kurt Whitehelm
    2x Erika Shadowhunter
    1x Aldon the Brave
    2x Katrin the Shieldmaiden
    2x Priest of the Light
    1x Marshland Sentinel
    3x Valiant Defender
    1x War Banner
    1x Enrage
    4x Crippling Blow
    1x Rampage
    2x Shield Bash
    2x Retreat
    2x Reinforced Armor
    1x Campfire Stories
    1x Good Ascendant
    1x Poor Quality
    3x Rain Delay
    2x Extra Sharp
    1x Bazaar
    1x Sever Ties
    1x Bad Santa
    1x Violet Thunderstorm
    1x Armor of Ages
    1x King's Pride
    1x Plate Armor
    2x Berserker Edge

So let me know what you guys think I need/don't need and any general tips! Thanks for the help in advance guys!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Too many cards, all other the place...

Seriously (i understand now why you struggle against Aeon), you need a more focused deck, or you'll end with nothing to do against opponent's combo.

Start with :

-1 Bazaar, you don't want to give cards to your opponent, warrior card pool isn't powerful enough to do that
    -2 Extra Sharp, crapy card, 2cc for 2 damage isn't that good as you can cast a 2cc ally instead who will help for board control
    -3 Rain Delay, you can win only with your allies, so Rain Delay will hurt you by not allowing you to attack when a Hero with weapon or a Mage will hit hard, also stall deck would be happy to save one turn for free..
    -1 Campfire Story, crapy crapy.
    -2 Reinforced armor, your opponent wil kill your ally anyway.
    -1 Enrage, it's just bad now, you cast it to save your hero's life but Sever Ties will kill you the next turn in one shot.
    -1 Poor Quality, Warrior have a good weapon/armor destruction, -> Smashing Blow
    -1 Good Ascendent, only one in your deck means you can't rely on, so cut it down..
    -1 Armor of Age, you have no board wipe ability, and no DD, so casting AoA will just make your opponent play one more turn to kill you.
    -1 War Baner to make rooms for other cards.
    -1 Valiant Defender, not good enough to have that much, it's useless vs Mage who strong in 1.5
    -1 Crippling Blow, you have already 2 Retreat! And 2 Vailliant Defender, that will be enough.
    -2 Berserker's Edge, there's better weapons if you want some, like Jeweler's Dream which boost your ressource (but you need good draw engine that you don't have currently)
    -2 Katrine Shieldmaster, not the best ally and you need to slim your deck

Put an other The King's Pride instead of Plate Armor, i know you like this card, so why only one ?

+3 Smashing Blow, for obvious reason.
    +4 Blood Frenzy, good draw engine.

For your allies... Well, try to find who is killed too easily, who give you a smile on yourvface when you draw it and change your deck with that.. Try to not go over 42 cards.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I find that the forum is pretty active and that you'll get pretty good feedback on most part if you phrase your questions appropriately.

As for your deck, for me, it's not focused. I read your other thread on your problems dealing with Aeon and I can see why based on this deck. Your early wins were most probably against new players but as your rating increases, expect to meet more challenging players.

In order to be competitive you need to focus your deck. That means you should have a plan of what you want to be your early plays and what you're aiming for in your late game. To get the best possible chance of getting the cards you need to execute your plan, you need to have a general idea on probabilities of getting the ideal setup and how you can achieve that through building your deck a certain way. I would suggest reading some of the articles that others have written. GotDamned has made a thread listing some of these strategy threads and my recommendation would be to start reading on the deck building articles. I don't agree with some of the principles there but they should give you a good idea on what you should be trying to achieve when building a good deck.

I'll leave it to others to comment directly on your Boris build. Good luck!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Also if you have time to read check this one : http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....ence-Thread%29

That will help you to understand how to play with Boris, and what tonexpect vs the others heroes.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    No need to add anything. These guys have already given you great advice.
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    wow, thanks for the awesome advice guys! I didn't mean to insult the forum or the community (and that wasn't what I was trying to say), so I hope I didn't offend. It's just that I spend most of my time on Gamespot.com forums, TL for Starcraft and the Dark Souls forums. So I just have horrible ADD/no patience for getting responses.

I will take your advice into account right away and see how my gameplay improves. After I posted that I slimmed my deck down to a lower card count (10 less I think), removing a lot of the hero buff cards in favor of better ally and support cards... now I'll put these into play and improve even more (I hope)... thanks again guys!