Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

The Shadow Era Masterplan

So hi. I'm painful_smile and this is my first strategy guide and this guide is for everyone who want to have a full detailed understanding of the game. I'm very meek so I call this shit Master plan. You can also call it:
    How to become a pro by following X simple rules (X=Number of rules you can see in the end)
    So here we go:

1. Be sure you add all good cards into your deck and don't look for unimportant stuff like deck size, strategy or cost curve.

2. If you want to build a human deck: 4 Kris, 4 Brigitte, 4 Blake and 4 Aldon are always auto includes.

3. Never use draw engine cards, because playing what you topdeck limits the mistakes you can possible do through the game.And if you take rule 1 to heart, you only have good cards anyway.

4. If you have a win streak with your deck, post it on the Shadowera forum straightaway, showing everyone how good you are. You should give the thread a strong name like "Best Amber in da world 320 Rank". The rank does not have to be true but it is more impressive if its high enough. No one will check your rating anyway esp. if you never post your IGN. If someone wants to change something in your deck, call him a noob.

5. If you copy a deck out of the forum and you lose the first match, the deck sucks. Be sure to tell the deck-builder your opinion in a harshly way at least once. Repetition would be better.

6. If you are about to lose a game, just close the browser/client and let your opponent know, what you think about him. If you are winning, always spam offensive GGs and give him the advice to stop playing Shadowera. You can suggest him to play another game like minesweeper, Tetris (http://www.tetrisfriends.com) or "Achtung die Kurve" (http://achtungdiekurve.net/)

7. There are only 4 reasons to lose a game
    1. your opponent is lucky
    2. you did not play serious
    3. your deck sucks (if its not yours -> see Rule 5)
    4. The game itself is fucking imbalanced
    Don't leave before telling your opponent what of the 4 reasons made you lose the game and then close the browser -> see Rule 6

8. Always write in FREAKING CAPSLOCK.

9. Always retreat enemie's PorL, because fuck yeah who needs his ability anyway.

10. Always attack the enemie's Brut with your puris, because the odds for your opponent for having a DMT are only 65%. And if he plays a DMT - call him a FUCKING LUCKER (be sure you use Rule 8)

11.If you join a game and your opponent says "gl" always answere with: "I don't need luck!"

12. If you are not top 1 rated, make the rating system responsible. Be sure to make a lot of threads in the forum complaining about it.

13. If you play Mage, always use everything on the opponent's hero. If you don't draw enough burn, call him a lucker and leave.

14. Sac all "gargs" past turn 3 no matter what hero you play against. BM has more dämmmmmage... and that is all that counts. If the opponent has a Mind control, flame him for abusing imbalanced cards.

15.If somehow there should be a bad santa in your deck (what rly makes me angry, because you did not read Rule 3) use it immediately even if you have board control and card advantage.

16. Always play as much allies as possible because only pussies use wave or nova. Don't forget to call your opponent a FUCKING NOOB PUSSY WHO CANNOT FIGHT STRAIGHT FORWARD.

17. If you think, you just built a counter deck to Lance -> you did not.

Ok so yeah thats all you need to become a pro. You have other rules you used to became a pro, be sure to keep them for yourself and fucking don't ruin my thread with them.

Have fun guys.
    Last edited by painful_smile; 04-20-2012 at 04:31 PM.
    “Let’s show Kira…that the good guys always win.”
    The L of A1 - Evolution in Theory

Lead Developer / Designer Gondorian's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I must admit that it took me up until number 3 to work out that you are being ironic. Nice work.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It started kind of weak but picked up at the end. I lol'ed.
    Acolytes of A1.
    Oderint Dum Metuant.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Painful in name, and painful in nature.
    "I'll have you know I have the reflexes of a cat, and the speed of a mongoose"

LEGEND of TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Recent accolades: season 5, finalist (top 8). UK streetfigher, Conquerors Bane runner-up.
    Immortalised as Flavour Winner for "Smoke Screen". Conceal, Confuse, and Obscure.

Link to irc: http://shadowera.gondorian.com/gamechat/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I got to 320 rating following your advice! Thanks for the post.
    SHADOW ERA, ETC
    Enjoy Trading Card-games

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Helio View Post
    I got to 320 rating following your advice! Thanks for the post.
    Wow, and within in an hour and 30 minutes after he posted this, IT IS AMAZING!
    proud former member of A1 Alliance
    overview of all
    my strategy articles

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I laughed so hard the smile pained me. Your name is appropriate sir!
    Was the Leader of Acolytes of A1

A1's Dimensional Eyes in the Sky
    A1 Alliance: Evolution in Theory
    PFG3 Leader

Was Shadow Era Community Manager

Sota, The Switch Axe Monster Hunter

"When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all."
    "Humans fight to secure peace as they envision it. The trouble is, everyone's vision is different." - Ringabel

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I skipped from 9 to 16, man, thanks for making me lose some time to read your crap.
    "Rastas don't believe in violence... Rastas don't believe... Rastas know." -Bob Marley-

Winner of the Multi-Post Streak Challenge
    *’”⁷ᵔᵕᵔ∞*°゜゚⁰ᵒ☉●•⋆.ᵢᵢᵢ₇.。・°'¨⋋ⓚⓔⓝⓣⓤⓔⓠⓤⓘ⋌¨'°・。.₇₇₇.⋆•●☉ᵒ⁰゜゚°*∞ᵔᵕᵔ⁷‘“*
    ⊰☠ ℑcℯ ℰℒℱ ☠⊱

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You know, regarding your sense of humor I begin to think you work in the IT branch
    A1's Cold Predator - A1: Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    lol