Close

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Junk Style View Post
    The rating system is against you at this point. At 250 you will play people between 220-290, gsining little for wins and losing big against lower ranked players. After he first month of a reset, the ranking system turns to trash. As long as you are above 230, you will get good matches.

Honestly there is no reason to bust your hump trying to get to 300. The players ranked betweeb 290-305 arent really better or wrose than players in the 270-289 rating, and you are alreary playing them.

If you want a high rating, wait for a reset and play a lot the first two weeks. Oh and you should multi account as well, experimenting and caring about ratings do not mix.
    Youre probablu right, and I probably would have had higher rank right off the back, but before 1.5 I wasnt active in forums at all, and I was playing Darkclaw as my main, I did not realise they nerfed Darkclaws ability until my 5-6th loss right after the update I couldnt for the life of me figure out why my Darkclaw was taking dmg, so that dropped my rating to a starting 40 or so, then I went back to my Zaldar, without updating any cards I brought myself back to a 170-180, then I went to a solo Gwenneth Truesight until 210, been with Gravebone until now at 250.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Manila Gorilla View Post
    @Dai ) I love my PB hmmm well that is going to make building this a little more complicated, I was on my way to finishing a deck with Brutal, Beladonna and a few other portal loving allies, but now I need to rethink.
    PB is not ideal in a portal Majiya, he's too resource-heavy to be properly used (think of it as a T5 drop, where you're trying to maximize your damage output)..The molten dude, Shadow Knight and (if you want to) Brutal should +- be your fatties

Quote Originally Posted by Keaven View Post
    I would go so far as to say there are no solid 300 rating decks, only solid 300 ranked players with good internet connections.
    +1!

I could give that a try, I can beet a Majiya deck with my Gravebone on two conditions one, I go first, and two she didnt get early access to her portal, if any of the two dont go my way then I almost always lose to Majiya.

I am not great with potal decks, but I will try constructing one.

Question about portal decks, when construcing one should the build be around the portal or should the postal be more of a SURPRISE! Look what I got kinda thing?
    A well-timed portal will very often mean gg for your opp but try to have enough "Plan B" options in case it goes wrong (Mage's Burn, DoU etc come to mind)

Btw: I'm not a 300+ player, but the portal-Majiya I'm using has allowed a fellow guild-mate to get into the top 20 positions
    I can only tell you that this deck will allow you to beat the best but also (based on one bad draw, one bad sack or one bad play of portal) make you look like a noob against much lower-rated players...
    RS Ayaribas - OlivTree
    High council member

Who we are & how to join us:
    Rising Sun guild thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ayaribas View Post
    (based on one bad draw, one bad sack or one bad play of portal) make you look like a noob against much lower-rated players...
    Actualy that is the number one reason I constructed my Gravebone without portal, not good with PB, and two whenever I play any other mage I always pray for a shriek in my draw never know if they will have a portal to play, portal decks would seem to have a huge weakness agsinst any shadow hero who keeps shreik or rouge/priests who can destroy easy items.

I want to practice a bit with a portal before I jump into it, been playing AI but they are so uniformed in thier strategy its really not good practice, only thing I can really get from practicing pn AI is get an idea how often my cards will come up when needed haha

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    well your rating & overall approach sound quite good, have you thought about joining a guild? It's the ideal place to discuss strategies and test your decks

I can of course suggest mine (Acolytes of A1) but that would be cheap..or..not
    RS Ayaribas - OlivTree
    High council member

Who we are & how to join us:
    Rising Sun guild thread

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Actualy that is the number one reason I constructed my Gravebone without portal, not good with PB, and two whenever I play any other mage I always pray for a shriek in my draw never know if they will have a portal to play, portal decks would seem to have a huge weakness agsinst any shadow hero who keeps shreik or rouge/priests who can destroy easy items.

I want to practice a bit with a portal before I jump into it, been playing AI but they are so uniformed in thier strategy its really not good practice, only thing I can really get from practicing pn AI is get an idea how often my cards will come up when needed haha
    Rogues can't destroy portal with Stop Thief!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    To be honest at this point since the release of the latest cards a lot of people have figured out the best way to play the strongest heroes. The decks for lance,elad,amber etc are very similar 250-300. The difference is that people of higher rating are making slightly better decisions all throughout their games and therefore pulling off more wins. I think it would be very hard to climb the ratings now that many players have worked out the best ways to win.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This sounds interesting. Would you mind telling me your current deck so that I might help a bit?
    Shadow Era, ETC

Evolve Through Cooperation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by bobwei View Post
    This sounds interesting. Would you mind telling me your current deck so that I might help a bit?
    http://shadowera.gondorian.com/deck1....2se160.3se076

This is the deck I have been using since 210 to my current rank 253.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This again? Can someone seriously tell me why rating means anything to someone? It is a number. After the reset, I climbed to 350-360ish, knowing damn well people were going to camp and I was going to go down. Now I am at 300. You know what? I still have just as much fun playing the game at 300 than 350. I do not feel any difference. Also, my ego is not affected by 50 magical numbers. Seriously, I wish N3rd was around to chime in, but, AHEM, rating....means...nothing. The sooner you realize that, the sooner you'll start having fun again.

As for a 300 ranked deck, I just posted mine yesterday under "Lance Shadowpwner Revisited." Now I am trying hard to make a somewhat competitive Baduruu deck - quite the task indeed
    IGN: blueblurr

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    http://shadowera.gondorian.com/deck1....2se160.3se076

This is the deck I have been using since 210 to my current rank 253.
    Um thanks for sharing! I have sent you a private message, pls have a check, thx.
    Shadow Era, ETC

Evolve Through Cooperation