Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Provide criticism (constructive or otherwise) to my Lance Deck

Hi everyone,

Been playing Shadow Era since around September and have been using Lance since I started. Really like the control aspect of the character and his ability is really unique compared to the rest of the heroes.

Anyway, after constantly lurking, I've finally gotten to a deck that I'm mostly happy with. Let me know what you think of the deck and any suggestions you would give me. I still have some tough matches but it's becoming more through a bad play on my part then not having a counter in the deck (e.g. I need to save my Stop Thief's for actual threats and not every weapon I see...ugh).

x3 Jasmine
    x3 Puwen
    x3 Raven
    x3 Priests of Light
    x3 Earthen Protector
    x2 Aeon
    x3 Nightshade

x4 Stop Thief
    x3 IGG
    x4 Retreat
    x2 Bad Santa

x3 Black Garb
    x2 Spelleater Bands
    x3 Anklebreaker

Any suggestions? I'm thinking that I should probably choose if my T5 of choice is Raven or Earthern Protector but I like having the option depending on the match-up. Looking at the list, I could probably substitute out Priests of Light for something else but not really sure what would be better. Aldon? Tainted Oracle?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Looks like a solid deck to me.

You do need 4 Anklebreaker and 4 IGG though. Hard to decide what to remove though. Maybe the Santas.

I'd also change Nightshade to 4 and reduce Puwen to 2. Nightshade is more useful against the majority of opponents.

Otherwise looking good
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I would:

-3 Nightshade
    -2 Bad Santa

+1 Ill-Gotten Gains
    +3 Lily
    +1 Aeon
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Keaven View Post
    I would definitely keep the Nightshade, and I don't usually play Lily with Lance. I would add one more IGG and get rid of the Bad Santas. I would try to find a place for aldon too maybe take out the Priest of Light for him. I prefer Assassination over Black Garb, but I've heard of people who prefer Black Garb so it's your choice. solid deck though

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Nightshade won't do much without Assassination which is why I recommended Lily considering all the items you will need to return:

x4 Ill-Gotten Gains
    x3 Black Garb
    x2 Spelleater Bands
    x3 Anklebreaker

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nightshade won't do much without Assassination which is why I recommended Lily considering all the items you will need to return:

x4 Ill-Gotten Gains
    x3 Black Garb
    x2 Spelleater Bands
    x3 Anklebreaker
    I am +1 with him...
    Shadow Era:

Every Turn Counts

"Being strong isn't just about having powers or moves...It is about HEART." - Roronoa Zoro, One Piece

PFG 2 Member "You idealize, we criticize."
    1st Singapore Meltdown Physical Tournament Winner

IGN: Berdugo ETC
    Profession: Alien Hunter

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

x4 Ill-Gotten Gains
    x3 Black Garb
    x2 Spelleater Bands
    x3 Anklebreaker
    That's true, I only have anklebreaker and IGG as items for Lance so I guess I can see the use of Lily with that many items

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

x4 Ill-Gotten Gains
    x3 Black Garb
    x2 Spelleater Bands
    x3 Anklebreaker
    I actually feel that considering the sheer number of items that are in the deck, Lily isn't required because theres a good chance you'll still get what you want. With 4 x Anklebreaker you very rarely see a Lance without one, and there's always another in the deck. Spelleater Bands is really only super useful against some heroes, and against them you just won't sac them.

Me personally, I'd rather dedicate that space to other more cost-effective allies.

And Nightshade is the king of the "bug bites", poking at allies until they fall over. That's why I use him.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    I actually feel that considering the sheer number of items that are in the deck, lily isn't required because theres a good chance you'll still get what you want. With 4 x Anklebreaker you very rarely see a Lance without one, and there's always another in the deck. Spelleater Bands is really only super useful against some heroes, and against them you just won't sac them.

Me personally, I'd rather dedicate that space to other more cost-effective allies.

And Nightshade is the king of the "bug bites", poking at allies until they fall over. That's why I use him.
    The number of items is what makes Lily so useful as she now has pseudo draw. In plenty of cases she will be returning an item you don't need which is your resource card for next turn. And even with so many items there are not a lot of each individually, so you will need to be able to resource them early knowing Lily can return destroyed ones.

Spelleater Bands is the perfect example of items vulnerable to item destruction with only 2 in deck it is easily countered. Backing up with Lily can actually enable them to save the match Vs Mage (in fact I would never include them in a human deck without Lily).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The number of items is what makes Lily so useful as she now has pseudo draw. In plenty of cases she will be returning an item you don't need which is your resource card for next turn. And even with so many items there are not a lot of each individually, so you will need to be able to resource them early knowing Lily can return destroyed ones.
    I get the pseudo draw statement. And playing Lily does give you a card and put a body on the table. However, I feel that the benefit to playing Lily isn't as great in a Lance deck as say a Gwen deck (Where you NEED those Soul Seekers, no matter what). Lance can function and function well without an Anklebreaker/Black Garb. The only thing that I really see as being in desperate need of return is IGG. For me, that's not enough of a reason to play Lily.

Spelleater Bands is the perfect example of items vulnerable to item destruction with only 2 in deck it is easily countered. Backing up with Lily can actually enable them to save the match Vs Mage (in fact I would never include them in a human deck without Lily).
    Most mage decks are only going to have 2 maybe 3 LLN. In addition to the Spelleaters, you also have the 4 Anklebreakers shutting down their allies. There's only so much item destruction to go around, there's a good chance one will stick anyway.

But these are just my thoughts, and the way I play Lance. You're method is also very viable too, and I think it really comes down to playstyle and the priority you place on the items that you have.