Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Non-ranked challenges?

I know there's already a separate test server, but is there any chance that something like that can be made available on phones and on the pc app? Or at least a separate challenge mode that doesn't affect official player ratings. It just seems like it would suck if you get to a certain rank with a particular deck and you don't want to lower your competitive ranking by experimenting with others.
    Dean: Try New Mexico, I hear God is on a tortilla.
    Castiel: No, God is not on flatbread.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi Aethelwulf,

the way to get around this is to have two accounts with two email addresses so one can be your 'elite' account and one can be your 'test' account.

ok it means buying/farming another complete set of cards but you will find most guild players and elite players play with more than one account.
    "fairwell, friend. I was a thousand times more evil than thou!"

Proud member of ETC
    1.28 Tournament winner
    Entertaining the Cosmos

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethelwulf View Post
    I know there's already a separate test server, but is there any chance that something like that can be made available on phones and on the pc app? Or at least a separate challenge mode that doesn't affect official player ratings. It just seems like it would suck if you get to a certain rank with a particular deck and you don't want to lower your competitive ranking by experimenting with others.
    People have asked for an ability to challenge w/out creating a game/setting up a game with people they know since not everyone is in a guild/social. I actually chimed in on it a while ago. Idk if they're considering it....which would be great, but who knows...

p.S. Supernatural is one of my favorite shows...and I typically HATE network tv. Watching season 7, episode 8 atm. I still wanna see same go to the darkside again lol...but perhaps that ships sailed. Oh and they actually made a supernatural anime....yes. Anime. Haven't watched it, but just letting you know.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have said it once, and I am sure I will say it 100 more times: rank currently means nothing. This is coming from someone who was in the top 5 at one point after the rating reset and purposely kept playing, knowing my rank would only drop. Why does rank mean nothing? Because everyone camps and there is no rating decay currently implemented. Climbing up to the top with a few (possibly lucky) early wins immediately after a ratings reset does not indicate any level of skill to me. A better indication of skill would be who can maintain a decently high rating playing on the same account consistently.

Sorry to hi-jack your thread a bit, but PLEASE stop worrying about rank. It ruins the game for yourself. Don't be afraid to try new decks simply because you are at a certain rating. I am in the 300s and I try new decks all the time. It is a game after all - play it.

/rant
    IGN: blueblurr

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by glencocoe View Post
    p.S. Supernatural is one of my favorite shows...and I typically HATE network tv. Watching season 7, episode 8 atm. I still wanna see same go to the darkside again lol...but perhaps that ships sailed. Oh and they actually made a supernatural anime....yes. Anime. Haven't watched it, but just letting you know.
    I think there's good enough background story for Sam to go bad again, I just doubt they'll go with it. In the show, demons are created when a human soul goes to hell and is tortured so much that they lose their humanity. Both Sam and Dean partially had this happen to them. Dean's was sped up obviously so that he could break the first seal, but the effects were already there. He left Hell a broken man with a hole inside of him because of what he did, which means he would have eventually become a demon. That hole would have gotten bigger and bigger until he became something twisted. Since the process was ended early for him, he just ended up being broken. There's still potential for Sam though. He basically underwent a lot of the same torture that made Lilith into a demon, and he endured this for a lot longer than Dean. I won't ruin anything for you in case you're still catching up, but even though they kind of dealt with his problem I think there's still room to show how damaged he is, maybe something that questions his morality or something, I don't know.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblurr View Post
    I have said it once, and I am sure I will say it 100 more times: rank currently means nothing. This is coming from someone who was in the top 5 at one point after the rating reset and purposely kept playing, knowing my rank would only drop. Why does rank mean nothing? Because everyone camps and there is no rating decay currently implemented. Climbing up to the top with a few (possibly lucky) early wins immediately after a ratings reset does not indicate any level of skill to me. A better indication of skill would be who can maintain a decently high rating playing on the same account consistently.

Sorry to hi-jack your thread a bit, but PLEASE stop worrying about rank. It ruins the game for yourself. Don't be afraid to try new decks because you are at a certain rating. I am in the 300s and I try new decks all the time. It is a game after all - play it.

/rant
    You make some good points, but I still think a challenge with no official rankings would still be useful. And wanting a higher ranking doesn't mean
    I can't enjoy the game. It means I want to play to win.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If you click on 'Create game' under the 'Challenges' tab, you can play a non-ranked match with an opponent and not win/lose rating despite the outcome. The only catch is that it won't be a random opponent, you have to provide a password that your opponent knows so that they can join your custom game. I'd recommend going on IRC to find opponents to spar with. Hope this helps answer your question.
    IGN: TJ Bayfight3r
    Telegram: @Bayfighter

Guild Member of Team Juggernauts

Honorary Guild Member: Enlisted to Endure <E2E> - A Christian gaming community

""Whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks through Him to God the Father."
    Colossians 3:17

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think there's good enough background story for Sam to go bad again, I just doubt they'll go with it. In the show, demons are created when a human soul goes to hell and is tortured so much that they lose their humanity. Both Sam and Dean partially had this happen to them. Dean's was sped up obviously so that he could break the first seal, but the effects were already there. He left Hell a broken man with a hole inside of him because of what he did, which means he would have eventually become a demon. That hole would have gotten bigger and bigger until he became something twisted. Since the process was ended early for him, he just ended up being broken. There's still potential for Sam though. He basically underwent a lot of the same torture that made Lilith into a demon, and he endured this for a lot longer than Dean. I won't ruin anything for you in case you're still catching up, but even though they kind of dealt with his problem I think there's still room to show how damaged he is, maybe something that questions his morality or something, I don't know.
    Yeah that's really interesting. Unfortunately for real life, hell doesn't work that way loll...not that torture is cool :/ but yeah I just got done watching episode 13 season 7....just got 4 or 5 more to go. They've been doing a bunch of side stuff, and Bobby died -_-" that made me sad. I actually liked him. I mean they learned how to keep the leviathans @ bay purely because of him...and the pretty Sherif of course. I want to see more leviathan action. I'm just like...how the heck would you get one to eat theirself?

But back on topic, yeah, unranked games are set up w/a friend...but not everyone has people they keep up w/outside the game or are in a guild