Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    why u no remove enrage

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You should play 40 cards (hero included). I would drop the 1 Enrage and some Priest of the light. I don't like it, it is too easy to remove (Lighning strike, Zaladar'a ability, Majiya's ability, t2 Puwen buffed by t3 Aldon).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Your deck has a lot of 3-ofs, hardly any 4-ofs. If you want more consistency, try to bring more of your cards up to 4 copies by dropping some others. E.g., -3 Jasmine, +1 Aldon, +1 PotL, +1 Kris. (That will actually speed the deck up a little bit too.) Perhaps also -1 Smashing Blow, +1 Crippling Blow?
    proud former member of A1 Alliance
    overview of all
    my strategy articles

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethelwulf View Post
    Here's the deck I have now. I've ran about 5-6 matches with it, and I've gotten my a** handed back to me almost every time. You can check them if you want, same name as my forum name. Any other suggestions?

Amber Rain

Kristoffer Wyld x3
    Jasmine Rosecult x3
    Puwen Bloodhelm x4
    Aldon x 3
    Potl x 3
    Armored Sandworm x3

Smashing Blow x3
    Enrage x1
    Crippling Blow x3
    Blood Frenzy x4
    Retreat x3
    Bad Santa x2

Jeweler's Dream x4
    Dimension Ripper x3
    Personally, Id completely remove PotL, and add 3 aeons. He's extremely powerful..gives a lot of decks trouble, and PotL is too easily killed. I'd remove the santas and add 2 TOs instead. That's just personal preference though. I don't like giving mages more burn -.-.. entirely up to you though. I would also remove Kris entirely and add another jasmine. Make those changes and you basically have my deck.. which i used exclusively to get to 300 rating.
    Last edited by Vitality; 04-20-2012 at 09:09 PM.
    A1 Vitality
    A1's Assassin

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    One Sever Ties can ruin your day.

However, many players don't run them, but the risk of an instant 10 life lost is deterrant enough to not use Enrage.

That being said, I normally pack 1 in my deck for emergencies, if I'm losing, it's usually better to take the chance and play it.
    no one plays sever ties on QM until maybe 300+ ( i have no idea though). Frankly though the whole argument about not playing enrage because of it has always bothered me. I mean without the card, you would be dead anyway by the time they play sever and kill you. You just need to be aware it is an option. Sometimes the opponent deciding not to sac it can ruin his card draw a bit.

Regardless the only other option would be rampage, and rampage requires you to focus allies rather than the hero. While this deck doesn't seem particularly adept at "death racing" over other amber decks, amber can death race like a boss when built right, and the enrage is then more helpful.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Junk Style View Post
    no one plays sever ties on QM until maybe 300+ ( i have no idea though). Frankly though the whole argument about not playing enrage because of it has always bothered me. I mean without the card, you would be dead anyway by the time they play sever and kill you. You just need to be aware it is an option. Sometimes the opponent deciding not to sac it can ruin his card draw a bit.

Regardless the only other option would be rampage, and rampage requires you to focus allies rather than the hero. While this deck doesn't seem particularly adept at "death racing" over other amber decks, amber can death race like a boss when built right, and the enrage is then more helpful.
    I run Sever Ties

I've beaten warriors who think they're safe behind their Enrage. But your argument is valid, it's not often seen, and an expensive card to use except in specific situations.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    I run Sever Ties

I've beaten warriors who think they're safe behind their Enrage. But your argument is valid, it's not often seen, and an expensive card to use except in specific situations.

Yea i mean, don't get me wrong i might not run the thing if i was in a tourney.... but then again maybe i would cause they wouldn't expect you to play it.... MIND GAMES...

But i'm too busy to ever tourney.... 8 FREAKING FINALS LAST WEEK/THIS WEEK.. BAAAAAARRRGGGG