Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Amber deck...any suggestions?

I need help on what to tweak in my Amber deck. My score isn't high (209 or around there), but I don't do all that well against a good Zaladar. A good Majiya deck can give me problems as well. I really want to improve my game so any help would be appreciated!!

Amber Rain

Kristoffer Wyld x3
    Jasmine Rosecult x3
    Puwen Bloodhelm x3
    Aldon x 2
    Potl x 3
    Armored Sandworm x3

Smashing Blow x3
    Enrage x3
    Crippling Blow x3
    Blood Frenzy x3
    Retreat x3
    Bazaar x 3

Reserve Weapon x1
    Jeweler's Dream x4
    The King's Pride x3
    Last edited by Aethelwulf; 04-19-2012 at 07:13 AM.
    Dean: Try New Mexico, I hear God is on a tortilla.
    Castiel: No, God is not on flatbread.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would personally remove Bazaar (cause it's conflicting with your Blood Frenzy) and if you like Enrage, keep it at 2 as max count.
    I'll also remove 1 king's pride (i normally don't put king's pride in decks). I'll also remove the Reserve Weapon.
    With that 2 more slots (for keeping deck count to 40), i'll bring in 1 more puwen and 1 more aldon (or 1 more Blood Frenzy instead of 1 of those)
    If you want to put some DR for more weapon damage (i recommend it cause normally 4 JD are not enough), i'll remove the 2 King's Pride and 1 Sandworm and put 3 DR in it.

Hope it helps a little!
    Last edited by Dai; 04-19-2012 at 10:26 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah running bazaar is overkill if your using blood frenzy, I would use 4 blood frenzy and two bad santas(which you can use to dig through your deck for your blood frenzy and weapons). You should also run a minimum of 6-7 weapons so that you have them pretty consistantly. 4 JD and 2-3 dimensional rippers. I don't think you should ever use more then 2 kings pride as it is way overkill in an amber deck, many games will be decided well before you need it and you would probably have been better off with a weapon. I also prefer to use 3 aldon and probably drop one of your priest of light. Definitely up your puwen number to 4 aswell as you want to consistently be playing an ally when you are going first.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dai View Post
    if you like Enrage, don't keep it at all
    Fixed that for ya!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyingFerrari View Post
    Fixed that for ya!
    So you recommend no enrage cards? They've helped me out a bit in drawn out matches.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Aethelwulf View Post
    So you recommend no enrage cards? They've helped me out a bit in drawn out matches.
    One Sever Ties can ruin your day.

However, many players don't run them, but the risk of an instant 10 life lost is deterrant enough to not use Enrage.

That being said, I normally pack 1 in my deck for emergencies, if I'm losing, it's usually better to take the chance and play it.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I had bazaar mixed in there because it gave me even more draw power, which went well with the extra resources from JD, though I'll probably take it out and just rely on Blood Frenzy and maybe a couple of Bad Santas. I've considered adding in a couple of DR's, but I've been nervous about the card swapping. I mean, I could get good use out of using their cards, but I'm thinking that having that many weapons plus the crippling and smashing blows could end up giving them some advantage that I rely on. I've also considered adding BE's instead, but I'm not sure yet. What if instead of three other weapons I just go with 3 reserves? I would obviously have to have a JD in the graveyard to get its full potential, but besides that it costs the same as DR and BE, has the extra attack point, and allows me to keep the resource curve. Would it be worth it?

Potl isn't my favorite card, but I like it's ability. Removing a shadow energy has helped me delay some pretty nasty hero abilities before, but I'm thinking about just taking them out and replacing them with higher cost allies. Either 3 allies or maybe 2 and a war banner. Not sure yet on that either. And KP's has helped me out too, but I've considered just removing them all as well.
    Last edited by Aethelwulf; 04-19-2012 at 11:22 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    One Sever Ties can ruin your day.

However, many players don't run them, but the risk of an instant 10 life lost is deterrant enough to not use Enrage.

That being said, I normally pack 1 in my deck for emergencies, if I'm losing, it's usually better to take the chance and play it.

Good point, I haven't thought about that for some reason. I've had people remove Blood Frenzy, but not Enrage. Seems like a huge risk to take now...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Having godmode draw with both bazaar and BF might sound like a good idea but the problem with it is that bazaar gives draw to the opponent and this can get you killed with a lot of heroes.

I used to also be very wary of using DR but it is really good once you are comfortable using it. The other thing to remember with it is that it provides emergency draw engine if your BF is removed and you don't have bad santas. Sometimes you will lose because you swapped a key card but the only ones that are really bad is the smashing blow(also if you run DR you prob want to take out the KP). In many matchups though you will gain great cards like mind control, fireball etc.

Also you definitely want to be running 6 weapons, reserve weapon is useless unless you have drawn your first weapon so you want to give yourself a high change of having one by turn 4.
    Last edited by Armoek; 04-20-2012 at 12:48 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Here's the deck I have now. I've ran about 5-6 matches with it, and I've gotten my a** handed back to me almost every time. You can check them if you want, same name as my forum name. Any other suggestions?

Amber Rain

Kristoffer Wyld x3
    Jasmine Rosecult x3
    Puwen Bloodhelm x4
    Aldon x 3
    Potl x 3
    Armored Sandworm x3

Smashing Blow x3
    Enrage x1
    Crippling Blow x3
    Blood Frenzy x4
    Retreat x3
    Bad Santa x2

Jeweler's Dream x4
    Dimension Ripper x3