Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmet476 View Post
    Unless you're against a Priest. t5 Tidal Wave will crush BB after his WotF is FPed. Maybe BB not a good match-up vs Priests but I always had problems with Hunters. Their draw is not ideal.
    The only problem BB has with Priests is when the Priest gets to 11 resources and plays TW + Aeon.

You simply die. Otherwise the matchup is pretty even.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I believe you. I'm not a good BB or Priest player.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    imo, BB does a sufficiently good job of turning the board on turn 3 (when going second). It doesn't necessarily need HBM to help. If I were going to play it, though, I believe I'd play a fair bit more 2cc allies (thinking 6 or 7). If you're going to take the turn to cast HBM, you're going to need some ping on Turn 2 to deal w/ their jasmine/aldon. Flayer/Carniboar + BB can take care of it. Brutalis + a T4 DMT could also.

One thing for certain, though. If you don't take care of a T3 human drop the turn it comes, BB will almost never catch up.
    "The only real currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." -- Almost Famous

"Look at your fine self. You look like you should be married to one of the San Diego Padres." -- Tracy Morgan

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SixDaysShort View Post
    imo, BB does a sufficiently good job of turning the board on turn 3 (when going second). It doesn't necessarily need HBM to help. If I were going to play it, though, I believe I'd play a fair bit more 2cc allies (thinking 6 or 7). If you're going to take the turn to cast HBM, you're going to need some ping on Turn 2 to deal w/ their jasmine/aldon. Flayer/Carniboar + BB can take care of it. Brutalis + a T4 DMT could also.

One thing for certain, though. If you don't take care of a T3 human drop the turn it comes, BB will almost never catch up.
    Other 2cc allies are just too vulnerable (especially to Mage) and take up needed deck slots, even Brutalis is better suited to Zaladar's ability doing 3 damage instead of 2. This strategy doesn't require board control from the start of the game, however Banebow's ability is great for preventing a quick death to a good rush draw. And BB can catch up without killing a Human's T3 drop with HBM.
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Updated OP with deck changes +2 Shriek and Demonstration video.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Couple more changes and you'll steal my deck lol.

Everything you have does have a reason for them to be there so it's cool. Only 3x HBM feels a bit weak because you really want them early-game and past 5 resources you won't really use it. That's the problem I have with all resource control cards: You don't really gain an advantage from them.

You don't have Shadow Font to capitalize the situation after HBM and Banebow can't really deal with 2 3cc allies(In extreme cases 1 2cc and 2 3cc allies) without a 3cc ally of his own if you don't have Shadow Font.

Also due to you having Ogloth and the meta having more Warriors and MS in it than before, 1-2 Sever Ties would be a fairly good choice.
    Last edited by Airact; 06-19-2012 at 03:38 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    Couple more changes and you'll steal my deck lol.

Everything you have does have a reason for them to be there so it's cool. Only 3x HBM feels a bit weak because you really want them early-game and past 5 resources you won't really use it. That's the problem I have with all resource control cards: You don't really gain an advantage from them.

Also due to you having Ogloth and the meta having more Warriors and MS in it than before, 1-2 Sever Ties would be a fairly good choice.
    HBM just combo's so well with Shriek. I often use it at 5 or even 6 resources (with another 2/3cc drop) to help prevent an Aeon drop if I was able to shriek their draw engine(s). It really helps stall fatties that can make Plainbow Painbow.

If you can't get a decent WoTF set up at any point then it's a tough win anyway, so top decking an ally instead of a HBM mid-late game isn't going to change a lot because you probably won't have board control if you are top decking.

Ogloth is anti Elementalis and Mage mainly. SL and DK are more versatile than Severed Ties if I really need Oggy.
    Last edited by Keaven; 06-19-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Keaven:
    +1 HBM, -1 SK, and swap the Oggies for Moltens, and that's my deck, spot on. It is a very solid build, indeed.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BlanketEffect View Post
    Keaven:
    +1 HBM, -1 SK, and swap the Oggies for Moltens, and that's my deck, spot on. It is a very solid build, indeed.
    That's what I play as well when I rank higher lol. The oggies are better at dealing with lower ranked decks in QM