Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I looked at your deck and these are the most obvious things to change.

-2 bad wolf
    -1 keldor
    +2 DMT

DMT has great synergy with maj ability being able to kill a 4 health enemy when being played.

+1 tome of knowledge
    -2 shadow font
    -1 snow saphire

having good draw will win you many games, 4 tomes and 2 SL, 2 LLN and Maj ability should be enough, shadow font I have found is not that useful for maj. If you want to run armor then you should have at least 2 but Maj is a very aggressive hero so doesnt want or need to be using SS, if you want to use items I think dagger of unmaking is good as it allows you to kill a 4 health ally with her ability or Lightning strike and dagger or retreat a fatty.

now as for allies, plasma behemoth does really poorly in a portal decks, your much better off running almost any other fattie.

-2 PB
    +2 shadow knight
    +1 portal

This means you will be able to portal, then play a MD or shadow knight(returning a dead ally to your hand) and so you will always have an ally for the next turn of portal assuming you have dead allies(if you don't you are probably winning the game already).

The strat for this deck would be to control the board with your burn cards and weenies and then build up your hand size for a late game portal. I have found portal is much more effective being used later when you have good hand size and can play portal and an ally same turn and then run over the opponent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the help guys, after the modification here is my new deck:

Majiya

4x Brutalis
    4x Infernal Gargoyle
    3x DMT
    2x Shadow Knight
    1x Molten Destroyer
    1x Brutal Minotaur
    4x Fireball
    4x LS
    3x Portal
    2x LLN
    2x SoV
    2x SL
    4x Tome of Knowledge
    2x SN
    1x Clinging Web

but after this I'm still loosing every battle I play and it's kinda killing me loosing every time. All in all, if you have any suggestion for me about this or other hero deck you think I would be better with, like one that have a better win ratio, please comment.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I don't really get it, you say this is a solid hero, I check every forum after strategy, cards and stuff and I always loose, I don't know if it's me or the deck, or whatever. Don't you have a good deck with which it's more probably to have a victory????

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Driffo View Post
    Thanks for the help guys, after the modification here is my new deck:

Majiya

4x Brutalis
    4x Infernal Gargoyle
    3x DMT
    2x Shadow Knight
    1x Molten Destroyer
    1x Brutal Minotaur
    4x Fireball
    4x LS
    3x Portal
    2x LLN
    2x SoV
    2x SL
    4x Tome of Knowledge
    2x SN
    1x Clinging Web

but after this I'm still loosing every battle I play and it's kinda killing me loosing every time. All in all, if you have any suggestion for me about this or other hero deck you think I would be better with, like one that have a better win ratio, please comment.
    It's alot better now.
    however i think i would
    -1 Clinging Web +1 supernova (i assume "SN" in your list means nova)

5CC ally is personal preference i would -1BM +1DM but that's not big deal at all.
    After these 2 small changes,, it became the exactly the same portal Majiya deck i use....totally same

It's a very solid deck already, i think you should focus on playing now.
    currently deck building is only 30% , player skill is 70%
    Last edited by stevevai1983; 04-27-2012 at 01:03 AM.
    KA M Stevevai

IGN:
    KA M Stevevai
    KA Keroro

My articles:
    V1.5 Amber deck
    V1.5 Majiya deck
    V1.5 Gravebone deck

KA is a top chinese guild join our QQ group 134628232 if you are chinese or you can read chinese !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Driffo View Post
    And one more thing that really bugs me is that when I'm checking out the forum and someone comes with a really good deck, I don't really have enough gold to buy the cards and try in my deck. All my AI matches only give me 40 gold, it's too little for anything, how do you manage to get gold when you need???

Thank you so much!!!
    I understand that everyone's financial situation is different, and what is affordable to one may not be to another, but surely you can scrape together $5 and buy 600 shadow crystals? That's enough for roughly 11,000 gold if you use the Elemental starter method, which is enough to purchase most of the cards you'll need/want.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @steve: as I've said before your Maj is a fun deck, but I wouldn't classify it as specifically Portal Maj, it's more like Maj with a Portal option. The fact that it works so well, with or without necessarily using Portal, is a very commendable achievement.

Just trying to be clear to newer members, that a Portal Maj (the 'standard' version) is typically built around Gargoyles, DMT, Shadow Knights, Brutal Minotaur, Portal, FB, LS, Tome, and some mix of DoU/Shriek/LLN/Sever Ties/Bad Santa.
    Harakhte - A1's Esoteric Egyptian Enigma
    www.a1-alliance.org - "Evolution in Theory"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Driffo, assuming you're content playing with Majiya for the time being, your deck composition makes up only a part of your success. Have you done any analysis on your losses (and wins) to determine the cause(s)? You could uncover all sorts of useful trends to help you improve your game and deck.