Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Mass Removal Effects

When an effect (Supernova, Tidal Wave, Lightning Strike, etc.) removes multiple allies from play at the same time, what determines the order in which the allies are sent to the graveyard?

And on a related note, if an effect is used which kills multiple allies, and you have an Earthen Protector in play which is not killed by that effect, which ally will the Protector save?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Really good questions, specialy the first one I would like to know the answer, because I play lots of Shadow Knights in one of my deck and then this makes a huge diference..

I always thought it was 'last ally played on top', but I have already seen that this is not true, but it's also not always first ally played first. Actualy I think its random.
    Member of E2E.

“Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.”
    “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
    “God did not create evil. Just as darkness is the absence of light, evil is the absence of God.”
    “I want to know God's thoughts - the rest are mere details.”
    “Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”

- by Albert Einstein

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I thought it was left to right (first in, last out) for a while, but quickly realized that wasn't the case. I've been trying to figure it out in game, without any success, so thought it would be easier just to ask.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Originally, mass removal operated on a FIFO (First In, First Out) system, but this was changed to random order in a later update (1.27 if I remember correctly).

If multiple allies are killed at once, then Earthen Protector returns the first one to die. Since the order of death is random, Earthen Protector returns a random ally.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The order of elimination is completely random. There is no pattern or order to detect.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think this could be a problem for the physical card game, if there is a rule how to put the allies dead to the graveyard this should be more clear how to do it, otherwise, randomizing it you have to shuffle the dead cards and put to the graveyard... it's not a very big problem but is easy to make it wrong and put allies in the order of the owner wants.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dai View Post
    I think this could be a problem for the physical card game, if there is a rule how to put the allies dead to the graveyard this should be more clear how to do it, otherwise, randomizing it you have to shuffle the dead cards and put to the graveyard... it's not a very big problem but is easy to make it wrong and put allies in the order of the owner wants.
    Shuffling your allies and putting them in the grave shouldn't be that hard to do, though I agree it will need to be in a rules. Mojumbo is in charge of the rule book so he should make sure it has inclusion.
    Raz (Sebastian)
    Creative Game Designer
    --
    (Was once a member of the Wulven Design-Team)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by S1C4R1 View Post
    When an effect (Supernova, Tidal Wave, Lightning Strike, etc.) removes multiple allies from play at the same time, what determines the order in which the allies are sent to the graveyard?

And on a related note, if an effect is used which kills multiple allies, and you have an Earthen Protector in play which is not killed by that effect, which ally will the Protector save?
    It's always the leftmost allies to rightmost allies, top to bottom respectively. So basically, if you have allies on the board like this:

1, 2, 3,

Then they get wiped, 3 is on the bottom of the graveyard, 2 in the middle, then 1 on top. This is also why it is very wise to put 5cc cards down first when playing wipe-happy players so your shadow knight can recurse them.

Edit: it's been like this since 1.29 sooo....this random thing idk what people are talking about unless you meant an update after 1.29...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    No, I just confirmed that the order is random via a Custom AI match, weenie rush Jericho v weenie rush Jericho. My allies were played Kris, Puwen, Blake, Birgitte, Tainted Oracle, and killed Kris, Blake, Tainted Oracle, Puwen, Birgitte. The AI's allies were played Kris, Birgitte, Katrin, Puwen, and killed Puwen, Kris, Katrin, Birgitte. If that's not random, I'd like to know what it is.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Warr Byrd View Post
    No, I just confirmed that the order is random via a Custom AI match, weenie rush Jericho v weenie rush Jericho. My allies were played Kris, Puwen, Blake, Birgitte, Tainted Oracle, and killed Kris, Blake, Tainted Oracle, Puwen, Birgitte. The AI's allies were played Kris, Birgitte, Katrin, Puwen, and killed Puwen, Kris, Katrin, Birgitte. If that's not random, I'd like to know what it is.
    Hmmm...