Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Improve my Eladwen deck!

My Eladwen Deck has stagnated at ranking 240 for the past 3 days. I think it's time to pay a visit to the merchant, but after wasting close to 2.5k gold building a Darkclaw deck that doesn't work, I'm taking suggestions first this time.

39 + 1 card deck.
    1x Jasmine Rosecult
    3x Kristoffer Wyld
    4x Puwen Bloodhelm
    1x Birgitte Skullborn
    2x Kurt Whitehelm
    2x Blake Windrunner
    3x Raven Wildheart
    1x Armored Sandworm
    2x Aeon Stormcaller
    4x Fireball
    2x Poison Gas
    3x Lightning Strike
    2x Engulfing Flames
    3x Tome of Knowledge
    2x Supernova
    1x Clinging Webs
    2x Snow Sapphire
    1x Dagger of Unmaking

I'm having a lot of trouble against Gwenneth and rogues. Gwenneth wipes my allies, and gains 3hp for every kill with her Soul Seeker. Rogues have Ill-Gotten gains, Anklebreakers, and Stop Thief to destroy my Tome of Research. I'm thinking 4x Ley Line Nexus to counter the Soul Seekers and Anklebreakers, but what do I do against Ill-Gotten gains? Also, Ley Line Nexus is really expensiove at 5 cost. Is there a better alteernative? I'm considering using Poor Quality instead. It doesn't draw me a card, but it works aginst all weapons and armor instead of only 5+ costs. It's cheaper too.
    Last edited by Arcenciel; 04-17-2012 at 05:05 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcenciel View Post
    My Eladwen Deck has stagnated at ranking 240 for the past 3 days. I think it's time to pay a visit to the merchant, but after wasting close to 2.5k gold building a Darkclaw deck that doesn't work, I'm taking suggestions first this time.

1x Jasmine Rosecult
    3x Kristoffer Wyld
    4x Puwen Bloodhelm
    1x Birgitte Skullborn
    2x Kurt Whitehelm
    2x Blake Windrunner
    3x Raven Wildheart
    1x Armored Sandworm
    2x Aeon Stormcaller
    4x Fireball
    2x Poison Gas
    3x Lightning Strike
    2x Engulfing Flames
    3x Tome of Knowledge
    2x Supernova
    1x Clinging Webs
    2x Snow Sapphire
    1x Dagger of Unmaking

I'm having a lot of trouble against Gwenneth and rogues. Gwenneth wipes my allies, and gains 3hp for every kill with her Soul Seeker. Rogues have Ill-Gotten gains, Anklebreakers, and Stop Thief to destroy my Tome of Research. I'm thinking 4x Ley Line Nexus to counter the Soul Seekers and Anklebreakers, but what do I do against Ill-Gotten gains? Also, Ley Line Nexus is really expensiove at 5 cost. Is there a better alteernative? I'm considering using Poor Quality instead. It doesn't draw me a card, but it works aginst all weapons and armor instead of only 5+ costs. It's cheaper too.
    Hiya!

Firstly, there's just too many one offs in this deck, you need either add more copies of the card or remove them altogether.

Good allies for Eladwen:

Kristoffer Wyld
    Puwen Bloodhelm
    Jasmine Rosecult
    Aldon the Brave
    Priest of the Light

Armoured Sandworm is great against mages, his resilience is epic, plus he'll survive your own novas.

Raven Wildheart is more of a Lance card, not really that great in an Eladwen IMO.

You really need 4 Tome of Knowledge for draw, even consider a couple of Bad Santa's for emergencies.

Lose Snow Sapphire. If you need to play it in a deck like this, you're in big trouble.

Dagger of Unmaking is awesome, add at least one more.

So these would be my suggestions:

-1 Birgitte
    -2 Kurt
    -2 Blake
    -3 Raven
    -2 Aeon

-1 Webs
    -2 Snow Sapphire

+3 Jasmine
    +1 Kris
    +2 Sandworm
    +3 Aldon

+1 Dagger
    +1 Tome of Knowledge
    +2 Bad Santa/Ley Line Nexus

Strategy wise:

With Gwen, smash her with the early damage from allies, then when turn 5 rolls around, Nova your own allies and go burn only. If you're really having trouble, Sever Ties gets rid of that nasty Rapid Fire and most of her effectiveness.

Lance is a much tougher battle. Sandworm is perfect for dealing with Anklebreaker, as you can ram them into it all day long and they won't be disabled because they won't take damage. Eladwen really has nothing for IGG as mages don't have access to item destruction for non-weapons less than 5cc.

Poor Quality is just not a great card. Ley Line is much better. I'd only carry two though, and just don't sac them and be careful when you use them.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by Preybird; 04-17-2012 at 05:22 AM.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Snow sapphire synergises well with poison and ablaze. I've won several games even after losing board control by sitting tight with snow sapphire and dagger of unmaking and let the opponent burn to death. I do agree that it's sort of a desperate situation though, and doesn't always work. Is only 2 ley line nexus enough? I think that with snow sapphire out of the picture, i can drop poison and engulfing flames. Maybe use 2 more ley line nexus and 2 Aeon in their place? Aeon's really powerful. Or maybe i should substitute them with 4 retreats instead.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    With Snow Sapphire gone, dropping the gas and flames would be a good idea. Aeon is a solid ally, and very powerful/borderline unstoppable in the right decks, but I don't use him in Elad because he's too damn expensive. For the 6 cost I could have 2 late game Fireballs aimed at my opponent's face. Remember that armour won't stop burn (bar Spelleater Bands and Legion United), so that's why I only recommend 2.

4 Retreat would be very useful, and could deal with opponent's pesky Aeons/Birgittes/Other allies you can't immediately kill.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Right. Thanks for the input. Now to farm the gold and give this a test run.

Junior Member Omar Shariff Delmo's Avatar
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You need a battleplan. Try playing with a deck like below first. It is a very consistent deck. Test it a couple of times, and from there swap some cards which work for your play style.

I've been grinding with this deck in the SEU Ladders, and just side some cards after Game 1.

Hero: Eladwen Frostmire

Allies:

Kristoffer Wyld x4
    Puwen Bloodhelm x4
    Jasmine Rosecult x4
    Aldon the Brave x4
    Priest of the Light x4

Spells:

Fireball x4
    Lightning Strike x4
    Supernova x4

Items/Weapons:

Tome of Knowledge x4
    Dagger of Unmaking x4

Total: 41 Cards

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The above isn't bad, but I would drop an Aldon and a PotL for 2x Sandworms.
    Harakhte - A1's Esoteric Egyptian Enigma
    www.a1-alliance.org - "Evolution in Theory"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    Lance is a much tougher battle. Sandworm is perfect for dealing with Anklebreaker, as you can ram them into it all day long and they won't be disabled because they won't take damage. Eladwen really has nothing for IGG as mages don't have access to item destruction for non-weapons less than 5cc.
    Shrine of Negatia can be surprisingly effective given Ill-Gotten Gains costs 4cc. To summon initially it crashes a Rogues momentum and they usually rely on regaining momentum after by destroying your allies out or Tome of Knowledge on the next turn. It can also help stall Amber's who have buffed their Jeweller's Dream and now have no SE left to do so after re-summoning.
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Your deck is trying to do too many things at the same time. You need to define your win condition and then focus on it instead of having too many different cards in the deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I agree with all the above. Especially shrine of negatia it us a surprisingly useful card! Dagger does need to be included for the fact of getting rid of high defence allies like oggloth and aeon which can be a bit of pain for you. You want to work out who is doing what I your deck. Like is your hero an ally killer or is your allies keeping control. Bad Santa is a great mage card as you need all the cards you get.
    Anylitical super fans
    Entertaining timeless compadre

CARD SUGGESTIONS
    HOMUNCULI
    NEW FACTION/CLASS ALLY SUGGESTIONS
    LIEUTENANTS