Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmet476 View Post
    Drop your PB. MS's PB and/or other allies will take care of it. Next turn Supernova and resurrect your PB.
    So you are ready to take 12 damage for that epic maneuver? Because MS casts CP on PB next turn and deals 7 damage to hero with his PB (that is if he had no other allies).
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It depends on how the opponent plays but I didn't think about CP that's true. It's easy missing stuff when just talking and not actually playing.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    For the Zaladar example, Turn 4 Font is better because it allows you to (going second) use Zal's ability twice in two turns AND gives you the ability to use all your resources to cast something on that critical turn 5, be it a Dimension Ripper, Molten Destroyer, Plasma Behemoth, etc. giving you better resource utilization. It also allows you to be ready with a Mind Control in case your opponent drops something heavy on their turn 5, that you wouldn't be able to kill otherwise.

Remember also that if you had even a half decent start, chances are you''ll still have at LEAST a Gargoyle on board to finish off any enemy allies. Bear in mind that you should be playing towards a Turn 4 Font from the beginning, using a T2 Brutalis to soften up an enemy Jasmine, Aldon etc in anticipation of Zal's ability. Another part of planning ahead

However it's not a hard and fast rule, and if you don't have a 5cc ability in hand, or allies that total 5cc, it may be best to drop a second Gargoyle, Bad Wolf etc. on turn 4, and save that font for Turn 5. However I find in 80% of cases at least, I prefer a turn 4 Font.

And floating SE is NEVER a bad thing IMO If I have spare resources in my turn and a Font in hand I'll usually cast it even if I can't use it that turn.
    Mm I see what you mean now. Elementals doesn't seem to have many big T4 plays, so it's better to set yourself up so that you know you can make a play on T5.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Unruler View Post
    So you are ready to take 12 damage for that epic maneuver? Because MS casts CP on PB next turn and deals 7 damage to hero with his PB (that is if he had no other allies).
    To answer the question properly it depends on the condition of the board how many cards your opponent has in hand, and your life total thus far. Wulven are tricky for GB (like warriors) because they can shut down the effectiveness of his ability. Remember however that even if they do CP your PB and go for the throat (which is unlikely if you have other allies on board), you can Nova and res to get your PB back to full effectiveness, while they just wasted a precious CP.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    To answer the question properly it depends on the condition of the board how many cards your opponent has in hand, and your life total thus far. Wulven are tricky for GB (like warriors) because they can shut down the effectiveness of his ability. Remember however that even if they do CP your PB and go for the throat (which is unlikely if you have other allies on board), you can Nova and res to get your PB back to full effectiveness, while they just wasted a precious CP.
    But GB wasted a precious HP xD
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There's always going to be times where you have to think about cost vs benefit. Sometimes you get it right, sometimes it blows up in your face

The situation you describe is tough, but if you can draw out your opponents CP's, you're in a good position (provided you aren't down to <10 health)

And with Gravebone, it's easy to get the first 10-15 hit points off him, it's hard to finish him off, cause by then he's gotten rolling. Most games I win with GB I'm on precariously low health.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    +1
    TURN ⬇ FOR WHAT?