Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

"what to sacrifice/cast?" puzzles

Heyy guys! Me, glen again. Anyways, I've been wanting to start this for a long time: a thread consisting of puzzles regarding what to cast or sacrifice on a turn.

In chess, pre-set positions are often Used as "puzzles," leaving you to figure out which is the best move to perform next. It helps develop feel for the game and can be fun. I wanted to bring the same sort of thing to the forums. Hypotheticals are great, but I'd like to see some real-live situations.

All you have to do is take a screenshot of your game (holding power + home button for iPhones, fn + prnt screen for pc, etc) and describe the scenario. I'll kick it off.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Ill start off with a fairly simple one:

Ok, so I'm playing zhanna, have 4SE, puwen & Aldon on the board, and an EP in hand w/focused prayers. My opponent (baduruu) has a newly buffed spirit bow, and a bad wolf on the board.

What should i do?

1. Get rid of the bad wolf & destroy the bow?
    2. Destroy the bad wolf & cast EP?
    3. Some other option...?

Quote this, then respond & list your own! Remember to quote people's puzzles so no ones confused as to who's answering who. Let the solving begin!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This one is indeed very easy. Destroy the bow (of course), attack with aldon on the bad wolf, finish bad wolf with puwen and then heal aldon.

Now even if he plays another bow, its impossible for him to kill any of your allies, next turn you can always play EP (or another good card you may draw) and because of the 2 allies on board you have a nice board control.
    Member of E2E.

“Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.”
    “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
    “God did not create evil. Just as darkness is the absence of light, evil is the absence of God.”
    “I want to know God's thoughts - the rest are mere details.”
    “Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”

- by Albert Einstein

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Damn...i thought it was option 3. Try and cast bazaar...can't, then get frustrated and start spamming forum trash about communism and Red Dawn. I need more practise.
    "I'll have you know I have the reflexes of a cat, and the speed of a mongoose"

LEGEND of TEAM JUGGERNAUTS

Recent accolades: season 5, finalist (top 8). UK streetfigher, Conquerors Bane runner-up.
    Immortalised as Flavour Winner for "Smoke Screen". Conceal, Confuse, and Obscure.

Link to irc: http://shadowera.gondorian.com/gamechat/

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lol, too funny. Be sure to post some of your own from replays or games you're playing. I don't want the thread to die

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ooh... reminds me of this one: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....er-OTK-Version

I always like these puzzles but real game examples are difficult to find. Fictional examples can add more complexity to it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrogene View Post
    I always like these puzzles but real game examples are difficult to find. Fictional examples can add more complexity to it.
    Another good reason to get a sandbox on the testserver

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hard to see the duration on bow ..... if it 's 1 ... then I may sacrifice that puwen.... in normal case.... yes... prayer bow and kill wolf..aldon attacks first, and then heal will be better....

PS: I just cant like bazzar. Bad Santa's just much better for me....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cool, idea -- I would also add what you actually did and how it worked out. I'm sure sometimes the "wrong" answer will work out better in real life...
    1.25, 1.26, 1.27: 40 card decks, Big Bad Baduruu
    1.28/1.29 - best forgotten except for Elementalis Prime Grindage

1.5 - it's all good Naughty Gwenches
    -
    Players Focus Group 1, Missing In Action member of PFG 2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Maldazar answered the only right variant.

with such a hand i wouldnt sac anything cause if bazaar is shrieked you already loose against solid player.