Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Expanding the Nishaven starter deck

I liked the sound of this game, haven played eye of judgment on the PS3 previously. Not having any real idea of anything about it though, I just picked a hero I liked the sound of so chose Nishaven. I have now found that I get the floor wiped with me by the first AI opponent on the map Ter Adun, so either I'm playing the deck badly, or it's a crap deck and I need to buy some new cards with the starting 500 gold.

Any suggestions as to a good strategy for playing this deck, or suggestions of what cards I should add / remove / replace would be much appreciated.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nishavan is a good starter deck, IMO.

You're gonna want to get some more Blake allies. And probably some more burn. Notably lightning strike and fireball.

That's a start for limited gold.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I started with Nishaven when I did single player then switched to Eldawen after a few multiplayer matches x_X. Been having great success with Zaladar recently though (:

Anyways as of this post fireball and lightning strike are better. Start with them over crawling webs and freeze. You'll also want the 3/2 ally over the 2/3. Mages are meant to be aggressive attackers as of this post (go figure, counter intuitive to my D&D upbringing). 4 Research and at least 2 Trade Bazaar IMHO. Card advantage is critical.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the advice.
    I think I've got the hang of playing a bit more now, and have added a portal and a couple of lightnings so far. I've managed to win a few games with it now, including the first (and only) game against a human opponent, so am reasonably happy. The gold to buy cards seems to come in quite slowlybut I'll gradually keep adding to it as I go along, and then see what I feel like playing when I can afford a new deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hey,

I also play Nish, and even though there're more powerful/popular decks now, i don't see myself switching unless they bring a rogue deck anytime soon.

My deck is slightly tweaked "burn" deck from another post on the forum:

Nishaven

4x Blake
    4x Fireball
    4x Lightning
    2x Poison
    2x Engulfing Flames
    2x Supernova
    2x Special Delivery
    4x Retreat
    4x Rain Delay
    3x Bazaar

Total: 32

Board control is great, with a bit of luck in hand you can stall Portals for few turns with Rain Delay, or kick off Aeons with Retreat.
    Meanwhile i found Darkclaw to be hardest opponent because of the Regeneration & Lone Wolf, but it's possible.