Close

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dndfreak View Post
    Even if you get zero cards out of IGG, if it gets shrieked you have +1 card advantage. Most of the time though, you'll be getting at least one trigger off it the turn it's played. Even without ANY draw, it still does its job when shrieked, which is to generate card advantage. For that reason, holding onto extra copies isn't at all a priority.

If I spend not one, but TWO turns to play IGG, AND because I didn't sac the extra I sacced a threat instead, I both have LESS cards than I would otherwise, NO control of the board, and thus NO way to start racking up IGG triggers. I mean, if you don't have a particular reason to sac your 7th or 8th resource, you might as well hold that IGG. But I won't hesitate to pitch it for fear of a Shriek.
    That's a good point DND. Sometimes, I just go w/the "whatever I'm gonna cast it anyways" kind of deal, and sometimes if I have a black garb, I'll cast that first, then an ally turn two to bait. Typically the. Bait works & even if it doesn't, I have a black garb on...so usually it shakes out.

Sometimes I will have the luxury of saving 2 IGG, but typically I'll cast it if I have a weapon + weapon/lily in hand. Fortunately, my top decking for Serena is quite to my liking....not that I usually have to lol, but it's still been doing the job. I've found success has to do MUCH more with how to play the cards, what the sacrifice, and when to ignore board & potentially have the discard an LLN or shadow knight...or go for a card on the board, setting off IGG (obviously).

Oh, I almost forgot, I have a TO too. And sometimes I'll put in a TO if it's available while aldon's on the board if it's not a Mage. Not always, but when I feel like it.
    Last edited by glencocoe; 04-14-2012 at 02:37 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Whoa! What a thread! I read all. Nice guide Pyro! Good post Glen. Wall of text DnD!

Quote Originally Posted by dndfreak View Post
    Eh. I raised the question on the stream when Portal didn't trigger it and am pretty sure people answered otherwise. Whatever. My b.
    That's because Portal is not an item. It's a support ability. IGG only activates on items. The cards with certain turn durabilities are support abilities. If you keep this in mind it's pretty easy to determine what type each card is without checking them every time or memorising them.The cards that stay until destroyed are artifact items (ToK, Reserve Weapon). The cards you use and send to GY immediately are generally abilities. Like spells, DoTs, I think all of the attachments (though they don't go to GY immediately). The hunter traps are normal items. Weapons and armors are items too (duh!).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks a bunch! oh btw, idk if everyone knows this, but if a weapon and armor are destroyed @ the same time from an attack, the weapon is always on top in the graveyard since armor affects are supposed to activate first and defend first...thus going to the graveyard first.