Close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Lightbulb Beta-Feedback-Thread

Dear Players,

Please post your Feedbacks here,so,the Feedback-Corner is not flooded with 75276437 Feedback-Threads.
    A good Feedback includes negative/positive Things,Critics and "Hints",what they can do better.
    So,I'll start this Thread with my Feedback:
    -Prologue-

So,I'll received my E-Mail and I was happy,cuz' I'm sitting here in Germany and was worried about
    the Time-Differences. So,I'll read it and used the Link to get to the Beta.
    First,I landed to the disabled Hero-Selection and I admired these nice "drawn" Heros.
    Then,It went straightly to the Battle-Action.
    Everyone starts with a PreBuild-Mage-Deck,that Includes Allies,casts and Items. (Surprise,Surprise xD)

And now to my Feedback:

Yeah,I never seen a so wonderful Browser-Game,except for Warstorm and some others ^^,it was great.
    But,I was a bit confused about the "slow" Gameplay. You should install a Feature,that,if you scroll
    with your Mouse over the Card,you see the Description and this Stuff and if you want to sacrifice this Card
    (Also usefull for Attack,Target,and so on) you must only Click once.
    The Battle-Animation ... I was a little bit disappointed ... This Sword and the Blood-Effects.
    Not ... so good,it doesn't fit with this nice drawn Cards.
    Swap it with some "Boom-Effects" like it happen when you use your "Supernova"-Card.
    By the Way,I hope you'll use the empty Sides for the Options,like Deck-Construction,Shop,Quests.

So,I am really excited about the Open Beta with it Features !

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks for the initial feedback!

Re: battle animations

Yeah they are mostly placeholders for now. Each attack will be getting its own special effects

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Cool right track

Okay, so I played my first two games. Some feedback :

-I think the dots are a little bit overpriced
    -the whole "click the button on the bottom to shift the camera" thing seems awkward - maybe you guys could enlarge the playing field?
    -I feel like there's a need for some sort of draw power in the game - both matches, I ended up topdecking, and it wasn't very fun
    -for some reason, twice through the games, I couldn't cast an ally despite having the sufficient amount of resources? any idea why?
    -could you build a mute button in for the music? I had to plug my earphones in so my boss wouldn't come around and smack me

Otherwise, it looks good. The pictures are great, the mechanics feel logical, and it seems like it will be a lot of fun to play against other people.

Thanks for your work,
    kanczy

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have some suggestions.

-A card to swap hand to resource...sometimes a card that was useless at the time might come useful in the long run
    -The UI does seem awkward. It took me a while also to figure out that you could sacrifice a card as a resource but still activate an ability or a casting as long as you had enough resources.
    -There doesn't seem to be any high level Allies, any chance of that happening like....Cost 8 ( sacrifice allies who's cost equal to the cost of this card to Cast this card)
    -The startup is very slow, basically like 2-3 turns just sacrificing resources. Maybe an option could be put that you can sacrifice 2 cards for resources only on the first turn. This would really quicken things. Maybe there's some cards with only 1 resource but the point of those is to come out early anyways.

I've only played about 3 games, if I think of more suggestions I'll put them up.

I was kinda disappointed this beta wasn't for the iPhone, unless I'm missing something? I think I'll only be able to play from home, they track me at work :\

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    -for some reason, twice through the games, I couldn't cast an ally despite having the sufficient amount of resources? any idea why?
    That might be because you have to wait a turn before you can use the resource you place.

Also, I could be doing something wrong, but I can't seem to be able to use the powers of my hero and allies.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Ice View Post
    Also, I could be doing something wrong, but I can't seem to be able to use the powers of my hero and allies.
    I had the same problem, I had enough resources to use Jasmine Rosecult's ability, but I couldn't activate it. The same goes for my Mage hero. I think that alongside the attack option button there should be a "use ability" button as well.
    Take a look at my Shadow Era blog where I'll regularly post information, strategies, announcements, and even an interview or two!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    1. After pressing of the button "Play Again" cards are not distributed (Firefox 3.6.8)
    2. Why hero can't cast? It is enough resources...
    3. The opponent casts "webs" & "freeze" on the same ally. It is silly ^^

Thank you.

P.S. It is possible to change the password or at least to make so that a browser has remembered a login?
    What r u w8ing for? Xmas?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Using abilities will be enabled tomorrow or the next day... I'll post the status of known bugs/incomplete features in the changelog forum

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Was actually pretty excited to see the beta invite. (Was hoping the new email alert was AT&T informing me they'd FINALLY sent my iphone4.)
    Seeing as this game is similar to MTG, which was a pretty fun hobby of mine until it got to expensive.

Played a quick round, and it seems like a pretty fun game. Obviously needs quite a bit more work and balancing, but that's what a Beta is about right?

Anyways, just a few comments from my first round.

-The card that hits up to "4 different targets", possible to be able to choose hitting less then 4?
    I didn't use this myself, the AI used it on me. But I noticed since I only had one ally out, and so did the AI, that it not only hit my hero and ally, he hit his own hero and ally. Sort of makes this card double-edged and immediately considered Resource-fodder.

-Dropping resources, possible to make them useable on that same turn? Sort of speeds the game up a little bit, and makes it slightly tougher to control enemy resources by timing your cards that destroy enemy resources.

-When attacking, can we pick targets for all of our allies before it begins dealing damage? Would speed things up somewhat.

-Most cards refer to enemies as "Allies" also, which for my first few turns made me a little confused. (Deal damage to my own allies...? what the hell no. Resource.) Perhaps that can be modified a little to mention enemy, or just Target?

-Was going to suggest separate battle animations depending on attacker, but I see you mentioned that already.

EDIT: Left this one out.
    -The stuns (web and freeze) seem a bit overpowered. It's basically an instant remove for low cost, and quite frequently achieved. A duration would be nice.

Either way, this is shaping up to be a pretty fun game. My only real complaint is that it's unnecessarily slow at points.
    Aside from that, it'll be a huge seller if it has alot of variation.
    Are there plans for a "metagame"?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree, many of the cards need to be tweaked. That's what a fixed-deck beta is for!

A good place for specific card discussion can be in the game discussion forum...