Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Quests/Missions for winning cards

I remember reading something about quests that can be completed to win cards. Where do I find those? It would be great if they were included in the single player experience on the world map? Does anybody know the details on that?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Anything like his hasn't been included yet as this is not the finished game. As far as I know you don't get any free cards outside of your starter deck.
    "Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's really not about the free cards. It's about an immersive single player experience. That would really make this game different from other online TCGs like Urban Rivals where it's just about spending real money on more and more cards!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well I haven't spent a single penny of 'real' money and I am satisfied with my game so far. As for immersive, this is a ccg first and an rpg second. Also bear in mind that this game has all the makings of a great MtG style game but only if the devs receive financial backing. I haven't spent money yet but I will in the future. I see it as a donation to ensure the continued growth of this game.
    As I said the main focus of this game is the TcG aspect. This isn't a Yu-Gi-Oh Ds game. Most players would agree that the rpg aspect might be a nice distraction from time to time, the main focus is on PvP

Also, unlike other games, there is a way to earn BOTh types of game currency within the game. you get gold for every victory and Shadow Crystals for every level. Also you can earn free Shadow Crystals with Super Rewards. So you don't have to spend real money to get all the same advantages as those who do.
    Last edited by Kingedhorn; 03-13-2011 at 02:18 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I find the potential crossover elements between RPG and TCG pretty fascinating. In my opinion, it would totally be enough if they included a random mission creator in single player like in Diablo back in the day and also used single player missions to introduce new "villains" and "heroes" to the community. Yu-Gi-Oh had its time, and all I ever played was the TCG, I don't know anything about RPG elements in there. How do you know most players would agree? How can you be so sure? What are super rewards?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    SuperRewards is a site which allows you to complete various offers to receive Shadow Crystals. Some require money, some don't. If you look you'll find plenty of examples in the forums. As for how I can be sure.... It is simple. There aren't 50 other threads dedicated to improving the RPG aspects of the game while there are at least that many about improving the PvP game. most players here see this game just like any TCG you might find at your local game store. I am sure a lot of people would appreciate a deeper RPG experience but it isn't a priority for most right now and thus not a priority for the devs.

I am not trying to tell you it won't ar shouldn't happen, I am just saying that for now it isn't a priority.
    Remember that the devs are having a hard enough time keeping up with the demends of those crying for more cards and bug fixes without worrying about story planning and mission integration as well.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It just sometimes irritates me when people start defending the poor developers because they're trying to create a so-called "free" gaming experience. Time will prove if it's the community's interests or financial interests that will dominate this game. There's a lot of competition out there... But thx anyhow for your answers.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Oh I agree. I am afraid that eventually this game will be handed over to the pay-to-play crowd. But then, Why would the developers make a game without any thought of profit. Their profit comes from us buying crystals and such. So if we want them to improve the game and add new features then it is only fair that we chip in a little. It isn't fair to ask the devs to devote time to a project like this for free. But anyway I really hope that this game continues to be accessible to the FREE players. And please don't misunderstand my purpose. I just get a bit passionate when I get into debates... it really isn't anything personal.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    What would debates be without passion?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Agreed friend. I worry sometimes that I come off as a Forum Troll.