Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

New player here, how can I improve my Jericho deck/strategy?

http://shadowera.gondorian.com/deck1....1se189.1se195 Deck size: 40

Here's my deck so far. I would like some help improving it and on my strategy. My current strategy it to get Brigitte in asap and a Puwen in. And then later on I get Aeon + good ascendant while I burn the hero's health. As I wait for enough recourses for Aeon and The king's pride I get in Wizents staff and either other allies (while protecting them with my Brigitte) or use my smite + icestorm. As long as I have allies + Good Ascendant in when I use King's pride, I'm almost unstoppable. I love using Birgitte to annoy them until I can get an Aeon it. If their rush is better than mine and somehow kills all my allies, I just use Tidal wave and get a Birgitte + ally or Aeon.

Anything I can improve in my strategy/deck?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The first bit of advice, the deck builder is great but it is appreciated if you list your deck by plain text as well, as not everyone is always browsing from their PC.

From looking over your list, the primary advice I can give you is to tighten up your numbers. I know this isn't always possible while just starting out, but certain cards just need 3x/4x of to be successfully consistent for you. The best examples of this are early game allies like Birgite, Puwen & Jasmine, Priest ability cards like Focused Prayer, Tidal Wave and Ice Storm (or Smite), and your main draw engine in Wizent's Staff. Higher casting cost stuff, like The King's Pride, Ghostmaker and Aeon is fine at 2-3x copies of each.

When you get these core number groups, then you start weeding out the other cards till you get down to 39 cards + your Hero. While it can be tempting to try to go for lots of variety, this hurts your consistency, so choosing your focus, as I think you already have from your initial post, and filling out those cards to 4x and then picking what additional you think will work in to the remaining space.

Cheers and good luck,
    -Harakhte
    Harakhte - A1's Esoteric Egyptian Enigma
    www.a1-alliance.org - "Evolution in Theory"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok. I tried fixing it. Am I doing it right? Any room for improvement?
    http://shadowera.gondorian.com/deck1....3se096.2se039

Also... (40 total)

ALLIES : 15 total

Birgitte *3
    Puwen *3
    Aldon *2
    Earthen Protector *2
    Aeon Stormcaller *2
    Marshland Sentinal *3

ABILITIES: 17 total

Resurrection *3
    Good Ascendant *2
    Book of Curses *2
    Smite *3
    Focused Prayer *4
    Tidal Wave *3

WEAPONS AND ARMOR: total 7

Ghostmaker *2
    Wizent's Staff *3
    The King's Pride *2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    At least you should cut the resurrection and good ascendant to put in some Jasmines and or PotL. Book of curses, smite and 1 brigitte could also leave to make room for a more focused deck (more TW, GM, KP and wizent)

What do you like about Marshland sentinel? I like it a lot in a "debilitating" Lance deck but with Zhanna I can't find a good use for it...
    Priest since 1992
    Screw meta, just go and f*****g kill it!
    Drunk and dangerous

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    If your going to use wizent to draw cards then maybe just stick with that. But if you combine it with Marsh your depleting alot of your SE which should be used for healing. With EP + Aeon + Ghostmaker + KP that is a very solid combo. If you like marsh effect IMO using raven is good. Maybe I'll add in 1 more book of curse so you have a tad higher chance to get it out, when i used this with my zhanna deck was very helpful and saved me a lot of damages both to my allies and heros. Good against ppl who cast krist. If you have good use for good ascendant then go for it, but that card was not necessary for me.

Students Today, Masters Tomorrow

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumbaki View Post
    At least you should cut the resurrection and good ascendant to put in some Jasmines and or PotL. Book of curses, smite and 1 brigitte could also leave to make room for a more focused deck (more TW, GM, KP and wizent)

What do you like about Marshland sentinel? I like it a lot in a "debilitating" Lance deck but with Zhanna I can't find a good use for it...
    I had a couple matches where a mage just got out 2-4 Erika's and burned me with spells. I couldn't do anything against those Erika's so I got mad and invested in Marshland Sentinal. As for taking out Resurrection and Good Ascendant, I'll do that and add in 1 more GM and 1 Wizent.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by dyny View Post
    If your going to use wizent to draw cards then maybe just stick with that. But if you combine it with Marsh your depleting alot of your SE which should be used for healing. With EP + Aeon + Ghostmaker + KP that is a very solid combo. If you like marsh effect IMO using raven is good. Maybe I'll add in 1 more book of curse so you have a tad higher chance to get it out, when i used this with my zhanna deck was very helpful and saved me a lot of damages both to my allies and heros. Good against ppl who cast krist. If you have good use for good ascendant then go for it, but that card was not necessary for me.
    I'm sorry, I should have said my hero. My hero is Jericho. Is book of curses really worth it? With my Protectors (Brigitte) and Good Ascendant, I don't really think I need it. But I'll start investing on Raven's and get another Aeon, Ghostmaker, KP, and EP. Also what is "krist?"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Arrow OK, let's try this again.

Here's the changes I made: I took away my Aldon's. Took away my Marshland Sentinal's and replaced them with Raven. Took away my good ascent and resurrection. Added Jasmine into the equation and added some more cards.

One more question, with my deck would it be better to use Jericho or Zhanna?

Link: http://shadowera.gondorian.com/deck1....3se031.4se021

Also...

DECK SIZE: 44 + hero (45)

ALLIES: 19 total

Jasmine *4
    Raven *3
    Earthen Protector *3
    Aeon *3
    Birgette * 3
    Puwen * 3

ABILITIES: 15 total

Book of Curses * 3
    Smite *4
    Focused Prayer *4
    Tidal wave * 4

WEAPONS AND ARMOR: 10 total

Ghostmaker * 3
    Wizent's staff * 4
    The King's Pride * 3

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Bump

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I see your deck has come a loooong way from that initial post! Let me see if I can help you out some more. You've stacked your deck for a very, VERY strong late-game, but I'm guessing when you play, you often find your opponent just gets to much of a foothold in the early game, and you can only sometimes catch up and win. To fix that issue, you will need to work in a few early-game cards that can help you establish position so you'll have breathing room to bring your strong end game online. But we need room in order to do that, so let's see what we can remove and why:

-1 Book of Curses. This is a great card to save you some health and make your allies harder to kill. However, you can only have one out at a time and you won't be needing to play this until T6 or 7.

-3 King's Pride OR -1 Ghost Maker -1 Raven -1 Earthen Protector. One issue I see is that the high-cost end of your curve is bloated with redundancy. Aeon backed up by EP and Raven is already strong enough to win, you won't need King's Pride. Conversely, if you HAVE King's Pride, that boosts cheaper early-game allies like Aldon, Jasmine, and Birgitte into game-ending threats. You should pick one or the other of these routes, trying to play KP with 9 fatties is just overkill an dilutes your overall effectiveness.

-3 Birgitte. This card is a very excellent choice in many kinds of priest builds, but with a weaker early-game and already packing 3x Aeon with BoC to make everything retardedly hard to kill, I think these slots can be put to better use for you.

So that gives us 7 empty slots to work with to boost the early game. These are the additions I recommend:

+1 Puwen. Even though he isn't as awesome in the late game, dropping him on T2 can be the difference between owning the early board and being crushed beneath your opp's heel, so you want to maximize your chances of getting him!

+3 Aldon OR +3 Tainted Oracle. Both of these allies will significantly improve your deck. The TO draws a lot of fire and will draw you cards, on top of being an amazing combo for EP and Ghostmaker for T5/6. Your card advantage can skyrocket. Aldon is also amazing in how much damage output he can add to your deck both early and late. He also makes a lot of your allies hit that magic number 4 on their attack, enabling one-shot kills, which will be a huge improvement in holding the board.

+3 Retreat. This card would be terrific in your deck! Not only does it help delay damage and free up board position in the early game, it's an amazing tool for reversing a lost board in the late game. Additionally, a nearly-dead Raven or Aeon can be bounced and re-played to refill their health. If you spend some time with it in your deck, I don't think you'll want to go back.

Hope this helps you out