Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenil View Post
    Aye, but you have to keep in mind the fact that there's many viable options these days. One lance deck will probably vary from another one, as will other heroes. It's good to know the advantages of heroes, yes, but it's pretty difficult to ascertain what deck someone will be using.
    Yeah, I'm not suggesting that playing other decks will give you exact knowledge of every opponent you face, but it certainly helps. I have a much easier time playing vs classes that I've played personally. I have an easier time knowing what my opponent is planning, how they'll try to counter me, and what their next turn might look like.

I'm not suggesting that anyone should neglect buying cards for their main deck in favor of playing other decks. I'm just saying that when you have extra gold to spare it's to your benefit to play other decks. It will make you a more well-rounded player in the long run.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Meta View Post
    Yeah, I'm not suggesting that playing other decks will give you exact knowledge of every opponent you face, but it certainly helps. I have a much easier time playing vs classes that I've played personally. I have an easier time knowing what my opponent is planning, how they'll try to counter me, and what their next turn might look like.

I'm not suggesting that anyone should neglect buying cards for their main deck in favor of playing other decks. I'm just saying that when you have extra gold to spare it's to your benefit to play other decks. It will make you a more well-rounded player in the long run.
    Valid points. Ideally, you want practice with each of the heroes in order to understand common play-styles; however, that does cost a fair amount of gold/shadow crystals... which most players won't have access to starting out.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I play a single deck in my primary account(Boris) and have two alt accounts for playing other heroes so that i know how they play and strategize..helps my Boris in countering them in my primary acc.
    A1's Fiery Fastest Freak

A1: Evolution in Theory

Respect Existence
    Or
    Expect Resistance!

"I live in the weak and the wounded, Doc."-Simon

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Xenil View Post
    Valid points. Ideally, you want practice with each of the heroes in order to understand common play-styles; however, that does cost a fair amount of gold/shadow crystals... which most players won't have access to starting out.
    Yeah, obviously gold/SC will always be an issue. I guess I'm just referring to the context of the OP, who didn't really mention acquiring cards as being an issue. I just think a newer player would be doing themselves a disservice by focusing on rating so much that they're afraid to try other decks.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Meta View Post
    Yeah, obviously gold/SC will always be an issue. I guess I'm just referring to the context of the OP, who didn't really mention acquiring cards as being an issue. I just think a newer player would be doing themselves a disservice by focusing on rating so much that they're afraid to try other decks.
    Aye, true true. I kind of tunnel-visioned there, and was thinking more along the lines of the way I would play... and I've always been a bit competitive, even if the rating system is somewhat arbitrary, so I've been more of a tuner than tasting the rainbow.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    well i dropped $10 bucks on this game and running 5 decks for fun

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Personally I'm on the "main account serious play, alt account for testing" side of the fence, but I also tend to play any of those tested decks on my main, usually in a win-streak mentality. I like to see how far I can go with one deck at a time, but having more than one alt-account I don't find feasible, so I usually will switch to my next tested deck when I lose, though not always.
    Harakhte - A1's Esoteric Egyptian Enigma
    www.a1-alliance.org - "Evolution in Theory"