Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Boris the Iritator

The purpose of this deck is to mess with the opponent hero's ability as much as possible. In fact, barring Shadow Font, there's a good chance your opponent wont ever get to use their ability. This really throws your opponent off their game (ESPECIALLY if that opponent is named Eladwen...). Secondarily, this deck is also a control deck (i.e. you want to make sure your enemy's allies do absolutely no damage.

Really, this deck could have been made with any human hero, but I choose Boris because the deck relies somewhat on an early rush and his ability really compliments that.

Here's the cards:

Boris

Birgette x 2:
    Kris x 3:
    Puwen x 3
    Priest of the Light x 4: Crucial here as it stops your opponent's ability which buys you time to lay down even better allies.
    Jasmine x 4:
    Marshland Sentinel x 3
    Raven x 4
    Smashing Blow x 1: Just in case
    Mocking Armor x 1
    Enrage x 1
    Crippling Blow x 2
    Blood Frenzy x 4
    Retreat x 2
    Radiant Sunlight x 3
    Drain Power x 2
    Sever Ties x 2
    Bad Santa x 3

Strategy:

Try to establish board control early using your weenies and Boris' ability. With luck you will get to play one or two Priest of Light which can really throw your opponent off. Keep laying down your control allies as much as possible (of course, balance it against the possibility of a board wipe). Play Blood Frenzy when you can. If you are playing against a mage, save up your Sever Ties to either remove Clinging Web/Freezing Grip or to remove Blood Frenzy from yourself if things get to dicey.

To the extent possible (and if necessary), use Birgette to establish and maintain control and use Mocking Armor later to keep your allies alive while you keep control. Lastly, and importantly be sure to use Radiant Sunlight, Drain Power and Priest of Light as much as possible to ensure that your opponent slams their keyboard against their walls out of sheer frustration.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sever Ties cannot remove Web/Freeze. They are not attachments.

Looks interesting, I would guess it depends rather heavily on going 1st and T3 PotL. Once you lose board it would be hard to gain it back with so many dead draws.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by pyrogene View Post
    Sever Ties cannot remove Web/Freeze. They are not attachments.

Looks interesting, I would guess it depends rather heavily on going 1st and T3 PotL. Once you lose board it would be hard to gain it back with so many dead draws.
    Doh!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Playing PotL against mage it's a double-edged sword. Because t4 Lightning Strike will wipe him off, all you get is -1 SE +1 Health.

Anyway, pretty interesting deck concept.
    Scrupulous Ash Collector of the Blue Phoenix.
    Warriors of the Blue Phoenix

Greatness, Reborn

Shadow Era Network - Shadow Era community hub.

Quote Originally Posted by BDK16 View Post
    You're the best Unruler!
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Bhleg View Post
    No one know FS better than you, our King of FS.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Having 1 of any card is usually not a great idea, since the mathematical probability of you getting that card is rather low. The few times that card has a chance to fill its niche, you're fairly likely to not have the card in hand. Your best bet would either be to work them out of the deck, or work more in.

That being said, I'd recommend adding 2-3 smashing blows. Any sort of weapon based deck is going to hurt with only 1, since they aren't necessarily reliant on their hero ability. I'm not usually an advocate for taking enrage out, but if you lose board control then from the looks of it you aren't going to get it back. Especially if you were to get a string of -shadow energy cards, in which case you couldn't put anything out.

Drain power is also a rather situational card, even if it drops them by 1 shadow energy. With the flow of your deck, I feel as though Radiant Sunlight is of more use. Perhaps -2 Drain Power, +1 Retreat for board control, and +1 Radiant Sunlight, would help? Just some possible considerations.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree with the other comments here, this deck does NOT have what it takes to take a board back.

Also, with 4 PotL, 3 Radiant Sunlight and 2 DP, that's at most 12 SE lost. It's generally agreed that the average game lasts 16 turns, meaning that if you draw and play EVERY SINGLE SE deny card in your deck, every opponent not Nishaven would still be able to trigger their ability at least once.

In reality, with 39 cards in your deck and 12 points of deny, every 3.25 cards out of your deck is equal to a single SE lost. In other words, to stop your opponent from one full use of their 4se ability, you need to flip through a whopping 13 cards- without BF that means T7 average.

Personally, if you spend your turns playing RS and DP, I'm pretty sure i'm going to win. Marshland Sentinel is squishy and you have nothing else that can permanently deal with bombs. Lance would destroy this deck, haste or no, as would any deck whose SE abilities aren't crucial like Zhanna, Jericho, Ter Adun, Boris, AND any weapon based decks since you have essentially no way to deal with the weapons. Add Darkclaw, Moonstalker, Amber, and Gwenneth to that list. Finally, since you have no threats that aren't easily killed by burn and have no way to kill large opposing threats in turn, I'd say it's safe to think the mages would be happy with the matchup as well, not to mention Banebow. Your best possible hand will NOT be able to beat pretty much anything. This deck is worse than 1.5 Plague.
    MistahBoweh - Paragon of Paragons
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

My Strategy Site: The Boweh
    Latest Article: USED: MistahBoweh VS SamuelJ