Close

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

What to cast at t3?..confused..

Hello guys..
    As a warrior player i believe t3 is the most important turn in a match especially for Boris.
    Since many cards can be brought into play at this turn: Jasmine,Aldon,Blood Frenzy,Warbanner..
    I am confused as to which card to play at this turn?..Go with blood frenzy, Jasmine or Warbanner?..
    It may be a stupid question i know but i've lost many games just because of this confusion..
    A1's Fiery Fastest Freak

A1: Evolution in Theory

Respect Existence
    Or
    Expect Resistance!

"I live in the weak and the wounded, Doc."-Simon

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Jasmine t3 bf t4
    Coder of the Night -- A1 : Evolution in Theory

Member of the Player's Focus Group 1

My Decks:
    -------------

My Articles:
    My Strategy articles compilation

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I would think it depends on the board. If Jasmine is likely to survive then she's probably the best play. If not then play BF and wait for an opening with your ability or in conjunction with retreat or CB to play Jas.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Freak View Post
    Hello guys..
    As a warrior player i believe t3 is the most important turn in a match especially for Boris.
    Since many cards can be brought into play at this turn: Jasmine,Aldon,Blood Frenzy,Warbanner..
    I am confused as to which card to play at this turn?..Go with blood frenzy, Jasmine or Warbanner?..
    It may be a stupid question i know but i've lost many games just because of this confusion..
    Jasmine: cast when you want to keep an advantage or are playing against a melée class who also wants board control. Good baiting tool for mages too, so you have 1 less fireball to worry about. Next turn you can cast another ally or weapon.

rusty longsword: honestly a good equip all around. However you must use your shadow energy when you do...and you might want to save it for Jewelers dream, so you can do some double casting. I'd use this purhaps when you have a puwen on the board already. But it does give you some real room to cast allies after equipped.

Aldon/War Banner: Aldon is a body on the field and war banner is an everylasting boon which people rarely bother messing with. Many don't include war banner scenes it screws up their tempo or they don't have room. I've worked it in and found it works best when you go first (obviously...though 2nd is still very workable), and have a puwen on the board. Assuming you opponent puts down a puwen or whatever, you're ready to put down either and get rid of it. OR if you have 2 3cc allies, war banner, and JD, put down any 3cc ally, equip JD next turn, and the turn after that, cast war banner, use resource acceleration, then cast a 3cc card of your choice like war banner.

Blood frenzy: this should be last priority. ESPECIALLY if you have JD. casting this if you have puwen down (you honestly should have a puwen down period. Put in 4x puwen and 1 or 2 dirk to assure you have a 2cc drop.) is fine ONLY if the opponent has nothing down. I'd only cast I'd you have a terrible hand. But other than that, cast later.

You'll eventually get a feel for what you want to do when. It's not that hard. Just remember, When in doubt throw down a 3cc ally. Like in chess, development (getting your pieces out, before the opponent) is important.

Just remember, the turn after JD is equipped, you can cast 2 3cc cards even if you skip sacrificing and stay @ 4 resources. If you have war banner, cast war banner first, attack w/allies & your JD, then cast your second card, which should be blood frenzy. Good luck!

P.S. I'll try to include a game I played so you can see what I'm talking about.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    For boris, you have some free removal giving you a little leeway.

How I'd go about the choice between Blood Frenzy or an ally is to look at your hand and figure out if there's something you're readily willing to sac or not on t4. If you consider what you have essential, Blood Frenzy will give you higher odds of getting a card you're willing to throw away. If you already have your next throwaway in hand, by all means run out BF later rather than sooner.
    MistahBoweh - Paragon of Paragons
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

My Strategy Site: The Boweh
    Latest Article: USED: MistahBoweh VS SamuelJ

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @dnd- very good advice, mate.
    Harakhte - A1's Esoteric Egyptian Enigma
    www.a1-alliance.org - "Evolution in Theory"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gretchenwieners (amber) vs frosty999 (moonstalker)

Mind you, the moonstalker wasn't a terribly well-versed player, but the beginning was pretty much by the book. A good model for allies & war banner.

After I recast my aeon, I'm just messing around & chatting, telling him some advice, so just look @ the game up until that point.

Oh and I'm sure you can tell already, but that tainted oracle was (my) emergency draw in case I didn't get BF. They paid dearly for not attacking him.
    Last edited by glencocoe; 04-08-2012 at 03:59 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by glencocoe View Post
    Jasmine: cast when you want to keep an advantage or are playing against a melée class who also wants board control. Good baiting tool for mages too, so you have 1 less fireball to worry about. Next turn you can cast another ally or weapon.

rusty longsword: honestly a good equip all around. However you must use your shadow energy when you do...and you might want to save it for Jewelers dream, so you can do some double casting. I'd use this purhaps when you have a puwen on the board already. But it does give you some real room to cast allies after equipped.

Aldon/War Banner: Aldon is a body on the field and war banner is an everylasting boon which people rarely bother messing with. Many don't include war banner scenes it screws up their tempo or they don't have room. I've worked it in and found it works best when you go first (obviously...though 2nd is still very workable), and have a puwen on the board. Assuming you opponent puts down a puwen or whatever, you're ready to put down either and get rid of it. OR if you have 2 3cc allies, war banner, and JD, put down any 3cc ally, equip JD next turn, and the turn after that, cast war banner, use resource acceleration, then cast a 3cc card of your choice like war banner.

Blood frenzy: this should be last priority. ESPECIALLY if you have JD. casting this if you have puwen down (you honestly should have a puwen down period. Put in 4x puwen and 1 or 2 dirk to assure you have a 2cc drop.) is fine ONLY if the opponent has nothing down. I'd only cast I'd you have a terrible hand. But other than that, cast later.

You'll eventually get a feel for what you want to do when. It's not that hard. Just remember, When in doubt throw down a 3cc ally. Like in chess, development (getting your pieces out, before the opponent) is important.

Just remember, the turn after JD is equipped, you can cast 2 3cc cards even if you skip sacrificing and stay @ 4 resources. If you have war banner, cast war banner first, attack w/allies & your JD, then cast your second card, which should be blood frenzy. Good luck!

P.S. I'll try to include a game I played so you can see what I'm talking about.
    Thanks a million tons!..that was really helpful..

and i kind of prefer an all out offense strategy with maximum attack as possible and leaving very little in defense, that explains why i have 3x warbanners,aldons and KPs..but many times i have found myself with 1 or 2 cards in hand just because i delayed casting BF, specially against mages running burn decks.This has led me to making mistakes during this turn usually costing me the match.

I will check out your match as soon as possible..

cheers!
    A1's Fiery Fastest Freak

Respect Existence
    Or
    Expect Resistance!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by glencocoe View Post
    Gretchenwieners (amber) vs frosty999 (moonstalker)

Mind you, the moonstalker wasn't a terribly well-versed player, but the beginning was pretty much by the book. A good model for allies & war banner.

After I recast my aeon, I'm just messing around & chatting, telling him some advice, so just look @ the game up until that point.

Oh and I'm sure you can tell already, but that tainted oracle was (my) emergency draw in case I didn't get BF. They paid dearly for not attacking him.
    I think frosty made a big mistake in the beginning by letting your aldon live..taking him out would have prolonged his allies survival by a few turns..
    I'm planning to switch to Amber soon so I may ask you for a few tips..I'm somewhere in 210s now and opponents are getting tougher and smarter by avoiding casting <4 cc allies rendering my Boris useless against them..
    A1's Fiery Fastest Freak

Respect Existence
    Or
    Expect Resistance!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Freak View Post
    I think frosty made a big mistake in the beginning by letting your aldon live..taking him out would have prolonged his allies survival by a few turns..
    I'm planning to switch to Amber soon so I may ask you for a few tips..I'm somewhere in 210s now and opponents are getting tougher and smarter by avoiding casting <4 cc allies rendering my Boris useless against them..
    If they don't cast 4cc or lower cost allies, you should be happy. Play some dudes, take the board, win.