Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Minor bugs so far...

I've played a couple of games and am very impressed. It is simple to play & understand, but it feels like it has the potential to allow for complex strategy.

Some bugs:

- the username field when logging in is too short to enter my entire email (which isn't that long...). Only 20 chars are allowed (if I counted correctly). Even with this truncated email it still logged in...

- When finishing a game, you need to reload the page to play again. The screen it goes to seems completely unresponsive

- Can't remember the name of the card, but I tried to cast one that caused damage to 4 opponents. Only three were available. The only option was to cancel, and this caused the card to be discarded... This might be a feature, but still...

- Finally, not really a bug: even those of us that do not have huge 28'' HD monitors surely have more than the tiny size of the game applet. all the wasted screen real-estate seems, well, a waste, plus it would improve the readability/usability of the game if it took advantage of some more of that available space.

I'll keep playing and report here. Good job!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by domiriel View Post
    - Finally, not really a bug: even those of us that do not have huge 28'' HD monitors surely have more than the tiny size of the game applet. all the wasted screen real-estate seems, well, a waste, plus it would improve the readability/usability of the game if it took advantage of some more of that available space.
    That's a good point... The web version is initially designed for 760 width to fit in facebook and game portals. But if you are playing on your own PC, for sure you will want to use the standalone PC version (eventually) that can go fullscreen and support a lot of resolutions!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I agree about the card with four targets (was it Arcane Burst or something like that?) -- and having the spell be lost when you hit cancel seems a bit punishing. (I also feel like I should be able to pick a target twice for four damage, but that is just something I think would be nice to see)

I also was a bit confused by the difference between the Web spell and Freeze... they both say the target cannot attack or defend, but one costs 4 and the other costs 3, and I see no other difference between them. Am I missing something?

Otherwise, it's looking good so far, now that I've sort of figured out what to do

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    That's EXACTLY what happened to me with Arcane Burst!
    -Notthevictim

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've had this happen four times.
    When you go to cast fireball, and you highlight your intended target (but not actually "target" it), then click away and cancel fireball remains highlighted until the end of the game. You can't sacrifice it or cast it, it just sits there.
    You can still play and select cards, it just stays in front of everything.
    I'm not sure if it only happens with fireball or not.

Edit: It does seem to only be fireball, and it doesn't seem to matter what you were going to target.
    I'm Safari 5.0.1 on latest Snow Leopard
    Anyone else experience this?
    Last edited by Insectosaurus; 08-03-2010 at 05:13 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I had the same issue with Arcane Burst. The AI used it on only two targets and it hit only two, so I thought I could do the same. When I did, I had to cancel out and then lost my turn.

Running on Safari 5.0.1 (6533.17.8)

I haven't had any end games force me to refresh the page though.

Thank you!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    That's a good point... The web version is initially designed for 760 width to fit in facebook and game portals. But if you are playing on your own PC, for sure you will want to use the standalone PC version (eventually) that can go fullscreen and support a lot of resolutions!
    There's currently a minor bug with going into fullscreen mode with the web version (right click on the window and select fullscreen):

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You can also zoom in your browser page to make it larger.
    Btw not really a game bug but you can't connect to facebook from this forum
    Last edited by Diamondius; 08-09-2010 at 08:14 AM.