Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Resource Accelerating cards?

Hello everyone
    I don't know if this has been suggested before but i think introducing resource accelerating cards to the game would make it interesting..
    like an ongoing ability, which, while active gives you 2 resources for each card sacrificed.
    It should be a mid cost card i think..
    Here's an example to explain it more nicely:

Card Name: Hidden Treasure
    Cost: 4cc
    Ability(Ongoing): You gain an additional resource for each card sacrificed for the next two turns
    A1's Fiery Fastest Freak

A1: Evolution in Theory

Respect Existence
    Or
    Expect Resistance!

"I live in the weak and the wounded, Doc."-Simon

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lance goes first. Turn 4 - Hidden Treasure. Turn 5 - Sacrifice to 6 resources, cast Aeon, use ability to give Ambush, Stealth, and Haste. Pretty much instant board control, especially since they can hit 8 resources the next turn.

This is why resource acceleration has generally been considered a bad idea - it sucks if you don't get any but your opponent does.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Something like this might be OP. but I really like mana ramping decks. Maybe a 3rd turn aeon would be fun.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    to war byrrd i get your point but there would be many counters to it too..since casting it costs 4 cc he'll have to wait until next turn atleast to benefit from it and in that gap shrieks,shrine of negatias,stop thief! would work great. think of it as a badass weapon like anklebreaker or berserker's edge which need to be removed immediately or as soon as possible..even they border on OP..
    my idea may not be good but addition of resource bonus would add an interesting element to gameplay..
    A1's Fiery Fastest Freak

Respect Existence
    Or
    Expect Resistance!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Warr Byrd View Post
    Lance goes first. Turn 4 - Hidden Treasure. Turn 5 - Sacrifice to 6 resources, cast Aeon, use ability to give Ambush, Stealth, and Haste. Pretty much instant board control, especially since they can hit 8 resources the next turn.

This is why resource acceleration has generally been considered a bad idea - it sucks if you don't get any but your opponent does.
    This is already possible with stop thief! although it does require your opponent to have something out that stop thief! can be used on. Won't get you 8 resource the next turn either but you do get to destroy an enemy item.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Freak View Post
    to war byrrd i get your point but there would be many counters to it too..since casting it costs 4 cc he'll have to wait until next turn atleast to benefit from it and in that gap shrieks,shrine of negatias,stop thief! would work great. think of it as a badass weapon like anklebreaker or berserker's edge which need to be removed immediately or as soon as possible..even they border on OP..
    my idea may not be good but addition of resource bonus would add an interesting element to gameplay..
    Shriek of Vengeance is a very poor counter to a hypothetical resource acceleration card because the opponent still gains a resource advantage (not as great, but you are still stuck at 3 or 4 resources). Shrine of Negatia is better but only delays the issue rather than blocking it. Stop, Thief! and Focused Prayer are both decent options but are class restricted.

Quote Originally Posted by mclamdc View Post
    This is already possible with stop thief! although it does require your opponent to have something out that stop thief! can be used on. Won't get you 8 resource the next turn either but you do get to destroy an enemy item.
    For what I said, Stop, Thief would have to be used on an item with 3cc or less (4cc if the Lance is going second, but that is less of an issue than the Lance going first). If you are using Stop, Thief on an item 3cc or less, you are probably wasting the Stop, Thief.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Or How About an Actual "SACRIFICE Card"

I mentioned on a different thread, that I would like to see a card that if sacrificed gives you 2-3 resources.
    This card shouldn't be cheap, it should also be a power house card for example cost 5 resources to cast and have 5hp/5dmg with special ability if sacrificed you get 2-3 resources for it, but if you don't sacrifice the card it is just another strong hitting ally, hence the word "Sacrifice".
    Anyways just my idea anyways.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by DARKjudgement View Post
    I mentioned on a different thread, that I would like to see a card that if sacrificed gives you 2-3 resources.
    This card shouldn't be cheap, it should also be a power house card for example cost 5 resources to cast and have 5hp/5dmg with special ability if sacrificed you get 2-3 resources for it, but if you don't sacrifice the card it is just another strong hitting ally, hence the word "Sacrifice".
    Anyways just my idea anyways.

That's not a bad idea either but going by your suggestion why not add resource cards?..whose sole purpose is to increase your resources?..a one time use resource card which gives you 2 resource points for one card sac'd?
    A1's Fiery Fastest Freak

Respect Existence
    Or
    Expect Resistance!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I feel like this would allow people to build a more viable rush-oriented deck, which doesn't seem like it would be all that fun to play against.