Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Dimentional Ripper worth it or not?

So I have never made a warrior deck before and was wondering if Dimentional ripper was all that or just for kicks?
    My readon for asking is I have played other warriors/elementals who use Dimentional Ripper and they lost the match because I gained one of thier cards, the warrior I got thier enrage boom +10 hp for me the elemental I got the mind contral hello brutal mino right back in your face! Haha
    Anyways just wondering if this card is really worth it or if they just had bad luck

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, in my opionion, dimensional ripper alone is crap. But if you combine it with other cards for example with Amber ability, it's awesome

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    the secret of dr is to have cards in your deck you are not afraid to swap, i would say more, cards that work for your deck and give nothing or nothing serious to your opponent, than it is fun god weapon and of course for Amber and Zaladar its pretty good dmg source.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dai View Post
    Well, in my opionion, dimensional ripper alone is crap. But if you combine it with other cards for example with Amber ability, it's awesome
    Because of 4dmg? Granted its more dmg than Jewlers or Uprooted but is one added dmg worth the gamble of losing your key card?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Dimensional ripper is one of the best cards for beating a mage deck if you are using amber.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by DARKorlando View Post
    Because of 4dmg? Granted its more dmg than Jewlers or Uprooted but is one added dmg worth the gamble of losing your key card?
    In Amber decks, (especially Amber rush decks) you probably don't have super "key cards", warrior cards by itself are not that good, but for example, if you are facing mage or elementals, you can steal cards that sure can change a match direction (i.e supernova/mind control). And a lot of cards that you steal from a mage are good for you (apart from supernova, fireball & LS are good examples).
    But as i said, if only the expect for you is to swap cards and not pumping Dimension Ripper, is a waste to spend 5 resources and 1 turn to only have this

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    The deck I was using when I played these guys was a Gravbone mage deck, so
    Maybe they were just really unlucky?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks everyone for the feedback

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    When you play Amber there is a huge difference between dealing 3 damage and 4 damage. You need a need a weapon dealing 4 damage fot mid-late game. You can't play only 4 Jeweller's dream and Reserve Weapon, because often you will only draw Reserve weapon before Jeweller's dream. Rusty longsword only has 2 durability, opponent will often attack with his weapon after the first pumped attack to finish the Rusty longsword. So the second best weapon for Amber is Dimension ripper.

If opponent get one of your creatures with Dimension ripper, cast Retreat! on it and it will come back to your hand. It can be a gamble when playing human vs human.

Whan playing vs human, always keep track of creatures got by Dimension ripper, and summon your creatures before the stolen creatures if you can, to avoid Retreat!.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's decent for solo decks that pack plenty of removal, Ter Adun in particular because they won't be stealing item destruction.
    MistahBoweh - Paragon of Paragons
    Warrior of the Blue Phoenix
    Greatness, Reborn

My Strategy Site: The Boweh
    Latest Article: USED: MistahBoweh VS SamuelJ