Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Solo Moonstalker v1.5

I was thinking of a solo moonstalker that was just basically a pain to play against and was annoying. it's similar to Drakkon's old solo Darkclaw just updated to include some current cards. it's alright now but still needs some work and i'm not totally sure what to cut/add. if you guys have any suggestions please let me know

1x Moonstalker

4x What Big Teeth
    2x Speedstrike
    4x Rain Delay
    4x Captured Prey
    3x Regeneration
    4x Full Moon
    3x Lone Wolf
    4x Evil Ascendant
    3x Bazaar
    3x Crescendo
    4x Bad Santa
    4x Shadow Font
    1x Master Smith

44 cards including hero

basically it stalls and makes your opponents creatures unable to do anything as you slowly ping away at the opposing heroes life. Full moon offers you life regen and crescendo helps get rid of those pesky sandworms or gargoyles. The problem is when i play test this against one of my rogue decks all they have to do is get rid of all of my evil ascendants or what big teeths and this deck is pretty much dead in the water unless it can deck them. any suggestions?
    Last edited by Lucifers Shadow; 04-05-2012 at 07:57 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Hi Lucifers Shadow,

there are already some allyless MS decks in the forum like Hide n Seek Stalker from Drakkon or Shadow Stalker from Keaven, you will find some tips and opinions there. I don't think that MS is the best hero for allyless gameplay.

I'm counting 46 deck cards and you said something about 55 cards. Be aware: as more cards you have as uncertain is your first hand cards making a bad hand more likely. I would remove Shriek, reduce Regeneration, maybe reduce FM, Bazaar, Speedstrike.

Against weapon destruction you can insert 1 Master Smith as a fifth WBT. Loosing all 4 EAs is not avoidable, but I never had a game, where a Rogue was using all 4 Stop Thief at EA (rather against WBT).

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Thanks. I had tried looking on the forums for other solo ms but couldn't find any. I left out some cards so I updated the deck list. Thanks for pointing it out. and i realize there are better heroes out there to solo i just think he's a fun card that annoys people. i also have a solo ter adun that works decently well

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    When a Rogue player sees Moonstalker, he'll hold his Stop Thief. It is usually a toss up between EA and WBT but it's whatevers currently his biggest problem. Usually EA gets the hit because my Ally's are going to win me the game, not my hero if your playing Lance. Serena will hit the WBT.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i would trade shriek for 2 lay line nexus imo. you'll have bigger problems with snow sappire and ankle breaker

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yeah i've noticed that with some play testing. thanks bolt. and thanks ramirez. i like drakkons hide and seek deck. that's what i was thinking of when i had the idea for this deck. i'm going to test it out and see how it plays out. the biggest problem is the lack of damage. at most you can do 2 a turn unless you use rabid bite. still trying to playtest

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifers Shadow View Post
    yeah i've noticed that with some play testing. thanks bolt. and thanks ramirez. i like drakkons hide and seek deck. that's what i was thinking of when i had the idea for this deck. i'm going to test it out and see how it plays out. the biggest problem is the lack of damage. at most you can do 2 a turn unless you use rabid bite. still trying to playtest
    Yep, but I guess the idea is make your opponent to run out of cards. If you want faster deck, use DC.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    true. my biggest problem is playing against lance. if they get aeon with earthen protector and sandworm it's pretty tough to beat if i don't have crescendo

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is basically a DC deck, just weaker since DC hits harder. Moonstalker is best with allies, his ability is tailored for it.

But, it's always fun to see solo decks and what people do w/ them Every Hero can now have a solo deck, some are just built for it better by default due to there SE ability.
    1.25, 1.26, 1.27: 40 card decks, Big Bad Baduruu
    1.28/1.29 - best forgotten except for Elementalis Prime Grindage

1.5 - it's all good Naughty Gwenches
    -
    Players Focus Group 1, Missing In Action member of PFG 2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    It's true that good players will know how best to counter your deck without having to change any cards, although it can auto win against some rush decks and is still fun to play. Good timing for your post I just brought my Shadow Stalker deck out of retirement and was tuning it tonight.

I find it definitely needs less cards, and I just got mine down to 44 tonight. Still miled a 50+ Elemental deck though so it is enough cards to last.

You will find you do not have enough Crescendo for one, which is why I pack max Master Smith (if you want this can even allow you to reduce all weapons and armour), and without it you can even get stuck without teeth which you need to prevent draws at least. I find Speedstrike still doesn't really quicken the death enough so I reduced it to 2 as drawing it later can still work and shouldn't effect the strategy too much. I personally only use Shriek with Moonstalker if I'm trying to go a really slow style (for opponents draw items) and pair it with Here be Monsters to make up for the resource cost and pull out the other draw cards to make room, but it didn't work for me solo MS.

I left out Full Moon for Rain Delay which is better Vs Rogues. I seem to be the only one that likes Shadow Armor in this deck and a recent replay shows how I use it if you're interested (it's a Lance victory): Borlaug (271) Vs Ivandonato (277)

Since you have plenty of draw already I would go Acid Jet > Ley Line Nexus > Shriek if you need item destruction. I prefer to leave it out and Rabid Bite fatties into Snow Sapphire.
    Last edited by Keaven; 04-05-2012 at 06:14 PM.
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.