Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

2 Suggestions that would really help the game IMO.

I am sure these have been touted before....but 1 more time won't hurt....too much.

1. BEEP......when your turn starts. Not tied to music, but a seperate beep when it is the start of your turn.
    I am sure alot of us, myself included, are doing other things while playing SE...be that surfing on the net or hanging at home watching TV etc. Even now as I am writing this post I am playing SE and ever 30 seconds or so checking to see if it is my turn yet. Many times I come back to see the other player went fast that turn and i only have a few seconds left.....IF there had been a BEEP, then alot of time would have been saved.

THIS WILL make the games faster smoother and more enjoyable as there will be less waiting around.

2. EXplanation on how to Quit a Quick Match. Either a box along the top just above the players name or a pop up as players open the quick match page.
    When I first join, I thought the only way to get out of a match was to use the log-off button on options......If people are new are just casual players then there is a good chance they are never going to come to this forum to read about how to quit properly.
    Sure some players will log off just to be jerks, but I get alot of log offs before the first card is even played......those people just want to play a different hero and it feels to me that they didn't know how to quit properly.

THIS TOO WILL save everyone alot of time and frustration and we cancel out a whole section of rants in this forum

Like I said IMO.....but I think if both these items where implemented game play would be faster smoother and more enjoyable.

Cheers

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good morning sir!

I think both ideas have merit however from sitting on the other side as someone who has played for some time a BEEP or any kind of noise to announce your turn could become annoying! We have a timer so you know no matter what you have 90seconds to do what you want before it's your turn. You don't get noises in chess or poker? I would argue its the same thing, I wouldn't want a beep, if your not paying attention it's your loss : )

As for quitting, I don't see why not. A quit button could work, you would just have to make it child proof so 'people don't press it by mistake'.
    "fairwell, friend. I was a thousand times more evil than thou!"

Proud member of ETC
    1.28 Tournament winner
    Entertaining the Cosmos

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Marcello View Post
    I am sure these have been touted before....but 1 more time won't hurt....too much.

1. BEEP......when your turn starts. Not tied to music, but a seperate beep when it is the start of your turn.
    I am sure alot of us, myself included, are doing other things while playing SE...be that surfing on the net or hanging at home watching TV etc. Even now as I am writing this post I am playing SE and ever 30 seconds or so checking to see if it is my turn yet. Many times I come back to see the other player went fast that turn and i only have a few seconds left.....IF there had been a BEEP, then alot of time would have been saved.

THIS WILL make the games faster smoother and more enjoyable as there will be less waiting around.

2. EXplanation on how to Quit a Quick Match. Either a box along the top just above the players name or a pop up as players open the quick match page.
    When I first join, I thought the only way to get out of a match was to use the log-off button on options......If people are new are just casual players then there is a good chance they are never going to come to this forum to read about how to quit properly.
    Sure some players will log off just to be jerks, but I get alot of log offs before the first card is even played......those people just want to play a different hero and it feels to me that they didn't know how to quit properly.

THIS TOO WILL save everyone alot of time and frustration and we cancel out a whole section of rants in this forum

Like I said IMO.....but I think if both these items where implemented game play would be faster smoother and more enjoyable.

Cheers
    +1 to both, but specially the first one!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    I was soundly defeated by b0hater 1-2. Nicely done!
    Team Juggernauts ELDER
    Winner of TLOTpSGR 1.28 Tournament
    PFGs member

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by LARKEN View Post
    Good morning sir!

I think both ideas have merit however from sitting on the other side as someone who has played for some time a BEEP or any kind of noise to announce your turn could become annoying! We have a timer so you know no matter what you have 90seconds to do what you want before it's your turn. You don't get noises in chess or poker? I would argue its the same thing, I wouldn't want a beep, if your not paying attention it's your loss : )

As for quitting, I don't see why not. A quit button could work, you would just have to make it child proof so 'people don't press it by mistake'.
    If there is an option to turn it off, then there is no problem. Or else it would become VERY annoying. ;-)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Cheers
    +1
    You check every 30 seconds? I check every 5 seconds or so. Paranoidly, because I just hate letting my opponent wait for no reason at all. Both suggestions are much needed, people have brought it up many times for many months already, and still no action is taken so far.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    A turn Bell was my first & only suggestion to the game.. so big +1

Besides a bell sound would be better than a beep :P

Even Trolls Considered

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by ArkaX View Post
    Besides a bell sound would be better than a beep :P
    Ding ding ding! ..... FIGHT!

Anyway, +1 from me to, as long as you can turn the thing of, I'm fine with it.
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Do five +1 from senior members equal something being implemented?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sadly, no. But I'll +1 too, despite wondering how the beep would work when playing from my iPad.
    Harakhte - A1's Esoteric Egyptian Enigma
    www.a1-alliance.org - "Evolution in Theory"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Do five +1 from senior members equal something being implemented?
    The days of design by forum consensus are largely over... That's probably a good thing though, there are enough trolls around here that we could get five +1's for pretty much every feature imaginable.

PonyEra? Coming right up
    Hatts - A1's Mad Hatter - A1 alliance - Evolution in Theory.
    Regularly idling on the #shadowera IRC channel