Close

View Poll Results: What do you think?

Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ready as it is

7 30.43%
  • Needs balancing as a whole concept

13 56.52%
  • Needs a minor tweak (I will comment what)

2 8.70%
  • Not close to ready

0 0%
  • Not a good concept. Boring/unneeded

1 4.35%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Shadow Ally: Nexus Shadowcaller

This is my first card suggestion! I jut started playing the game 2 days ago and really enjoy it, but I thought i could help the development crew with ideas (not solidly created, right from the forums cards) Any reviews on how it could be revised if I messed up would be appreciated!

Summon Cost: 3

Name: Nexus Shadowcaller

Type: Shadow Ally - Unique

Health: 3

Attack: 1

Special Text: Each time the Nexus Shadowcaller attacks, generate 1 Shadow Energy

Ability: None

Rarity: Uncommon

Flavor Text: "The shadows come with hunger"

__________________________________________________ ____________________________________________

I envision this as a card played by people who really want to use thier heroes abilities often. Each attack generates Shadow Energy, which gives the hero good reign over using his/her abilities. The Nexus Shadowcaller lacks damage (it being only 1) and has only 3 health (killable by most things) so it would be a maybe 1 or 2 hit card be4 it fell. It is not a blitz card, having a card cost of 3.

Counters
    Blake Windrunner- Blake Windrunner has a cost of only 2 and deals 3 damage with one hit, making him a effective killer before the Nexus Shadowcaller can even get going.
    Jasmine Rosecult- Jasmine Rosecult can 1-hit the Nexus Shadowcaller IF YOU DREW FIRST. She still can kill him, but he'll get a free hit off
    Aldon the Brave- Aldan can kill the Nexus Shadowcaller himself if you go first, but he also grants every one of those pesky 2 damage cards 2 cost the power to finish it
    Medusil- One hit finish, but with the same liability as Jasmine
    Carniboar with 1 kill- 1 hit finish but you need that early kill
    Shield Bash- kill
    Fireball- Kill
    Freeze or Clinging Webs- Stops the Nexus Shadowcaller from attacking
    (There are a lot more cards than the above that can counter him but it would take too long to list them all)

Ty to Skylightning for making me an image for the viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylightning View Post

I love the idea so i made the card!

Disclaimer: The picture art is made by http://grimdar.deviantart.com/ and all credit goes to him a very talentet artist.

http://www.shadowera.com/attachment....4&d=1334917392
    Last edited by Bliztron; 06-09-2012 at 09:27 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Aldon could defeat your card during his attack. He has two base attack, and benefits from his own boost during his turn, for total three attack.
    Congratulations to Preybird for designing my Avatar!

In Game Handle: Warr Byrd

Contributions to the Game:
    Flavor text for Wild Berserker: The odds are always in my favor
    PFG3: To Be Released Soon™

Tournament Wins: None, I'm Timmy Johnny not Spike!

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Srry didn't know. Never played him before

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    While this card would be merely average in most decks, it would be hideously overpowered in a Moonstalker deck.

Turn 6, drop 2 and hide.
    Turn 7, attack hero with both, gain 2 SE + the 1SE for the turn. Hide.

Rinse and Repeat.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    While this card would be merely average in most decks, it would be hideously overpowered in a Moonstalker deck.

Turn 6, drop 2 and hide.
    Turn 7, attack hero with both, gain 2 SE + the 1SE for the turn. Hide.

Rinse and Repeat.
    Not really. Every class has at least one weapon that does at least two damage (except Mages, but Dagger of Unmaking returning it to hand works just as well short term). Also, every class has at least one ability card that can get around Moonstalker stealth and kill it in one or two turns (Shield Bash, Flame Arrow, Lightning Strike, Smite, Assassination, Now You're Mine, Mind Control, to name a few).

Shout out to Gondorian, nerull7, Nikola D, plo, Preybird, Super Grover, and Zhou86 for submitting potential avatars!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Warr Byrd View Post
    Not really. Every class has at least one weapon that does at least two damage (except Mages, but Dagger of Unmaking returning it to hand works just as well short term). Also, every class has at least one ability card that can get around Moonstalker stealth and kill it in one or two turns (Shield Bash, Flame Arrow, Lightning Strike, Smite, Assassination, Now You're Mine, Mind Control, to name a few).
    Moonstalker is still insanely strong against anything but mages. So while yes, there are many ways to deal with them, the most obvious and easiest route, attacking, is blocked to you. Remember that they only need to stay active for a turn or two, to give you time to drop the heavy hitters. You also don't have to spend 4 for Shadow Font to keep the lock going, it essentially becomes free, which means you can spend those resouces for other things.

So in my opinion it's still going to be OP with Moonstalker. But only with Moonstalker.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    so it needs a counter essentially? Like Radiant Light?

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Radiant Light wouldn't help. If Moonstalker and his two nexus shadowcallers start the turn with 0 shadow energy, they get 1 cos its their turn, and then 2 from two attacks. Then Moonstalker uses his ability. Then he can play any other ally with pretty much permanent stealth. I suggest making it unique.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Preybird View Post
    Moonstalker is still insanely strong against anything but mages. So while yes, there are many ways to deal with them, the most obvious and easiest route, attacking, is blocked to you. Remember that they only need to stay active for a turn or two, to give you time to drop the heavy hitters. You also don't have to spend 4 for Shadow Font to keep the lock going, it essentially becomes free, which means you can spend those resouces for other things.

So in my opinion it's still going to be OP with Moonstalker. But only with Moonstalker.
    Moonstalker is strong, yes, but he is not insanely strong. Any class with board wipes can defeat him with ease, and Warriors just need to include enough weapons and armor. The other classes might need to do some etching against him, but not to such a degree that they can't fight anyone else. This card might take him into OP territory, but I doubt it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord Cyru View Post
    Radiant Light wouldn't help. If Moonstalker and his two nexus shadowcallers start the turn with 0 shadow energy, they get 1 cos its their turn, and then 2 from two attacks. Then Moonstalker uses his ability. Then he can play any other ally with pretty much permanent stealth. I suggest making it unique.
    i see what you mean, and i think amking them Unique is a great idea. W/ 2, Moonstalker has perma-steath and with 3, you can rip any card up with abilities.