Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good games KingK. I'd gladly challenge you another day

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Gg's man I guess we knew it would be strong against amber and weak against zal but a solid deck for its purpose. Well played and thanks for playing

Edit I'm always in the irc chat room if you want to play more.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    looks like a decent build but i think it straight loses to maj. raven goes down with bolt + ability, everything else goes down with bolt or if they play dmt. and as king said zaladar would be a bad match up for this. against mages have you tried spelleater bands? it works great in my serena. i saw your game logs and noticed you're running lance. i feel like that'll have a tougher time against mages than serena because at least with her she can strip their hand and remember a mage without a hand is a dead mage. plus her ability to kill 4 hp allies is beyond useful. check out a few of my games and see. lucifers shadow is my ign name. if you want someone to play test against too let me know.

oh and moonstalker. i feel like this wouldn't do well against them either.
    Last edited by Lucifers Shadow; 04-05-2012 at 08:45 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucifers Shadow View Post
    looks like a decent build but i think it straight loses to maj. raven goes down with bolt + ability, everything else goes down with bolt or if they play dmt. and as king said zaladar would be a bad match up for this. against mages have you tried spelleater bands? it works great in my serena. i saw your game logs and noticed you're running lance. i feel like that'll have a tougher time against mages than serena because at least with her she can strip their hand and remember a mage without a hand is a dead mage. plus her ability to kill 4 hp allies is beyond useful. check out a few of my games and see. lucifers shadow is my ign name. if you want someone to play test against too let me know.

oh and moonstalker. i feel like this wouldn't do well against them either.
    Thanks for the reply Lucifer.
    No, I can't afford spelleater bands yet and dont know how many I should put into a deck. Perhaps you could show me your deck?

I made this deck focusing more on ally board control with a little weapon support, so I've only got 4 weapons.
    I wouldn't mind trying Serena out as I often find myself not using lance's ability very much. I'll definitely need some more weapons. What do you think of old iron dagger for Serena? It seems useful for a little early board control or stripping. I thought of adding 3 in.
    I also considered Gravedigger cloak as a secondary draw engine(since most cards played early contribute to board control), or does black garb contribute to board control more?
    I'm not a very good rogue, so any advice would be appreciated

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    yeah no problem. i'll pm you a deck list. and i've seen some decks using iron dagger. i haven't tried it yet but i find jas more consistent because it's a much better late game drop. and black garb contributes as a stall because your opponents are scared to attack if their guys are going to be destroyed. it also helps protect your weapons and with igg it can also add to card advantage.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Shadow Dance Serena, advice, criticism please!
    I'm looking for some advice and feedback (don't be scared to criticize) to make this deck as good as it can be for competitiveness, and yes i do realize they're not top tier, but i believe the player makes all the difference. As for my aims, i like control decks, ever since MtG like 15+ years ago when i was kid, its just way to expensive to keep up with. My hard matchups (180-200 rating, not very goodI but i'd like to make this as best as possible before going forwards) are good Majiyas, Eladwens (probably should be hard) and heavy aggro/beatdowns, like Amber and priests. Oh and i picked Serena cause she looks way cooler, and has a more complex ability, and everyone plays Lance

1x Serena Thoughtripper

Allies:

4x Jasmine Rosecult
    3x Aldon, the Brave
    3x Lily Rosecult
    4x Nightshade

14 Allies

Abilities:

4x Stop, Thief!
    4x Assassination
    4x Retreat
    2x Bad Santa
    4x Anklebreaker
    2x Honored Dead
    3x Ill-Gotten Gains
    2x Dagger of Unmaking

25 Abilities

Standard 40 cards, thought about going to 42 depending how it works out.

My thoughts have been tossed back and forth, i've seen many Serena variants that all look fun in their own rights. As i said before, i like control so that's my overall goal. I'm tossed between Priest of the light, Tainted oracle (last option, imo, doesn't seem like a smart t4 + move considering his low health, even counting his draw ability) Raven, Marshland Sentinel, Earthern Protector and of course Aeon. My abilities seem to be pretty accurate, Honored dead is situational but it has saved me, especially vs mages. Only options there are Black Garb, Grave Digger's Cloak and Crimson Vest (uncommon but might have nice synergy with IGG) and the eventual Spell-Eater Bands.
    I'd like to see what everyone would add and subtract, my main concern is early to mid-game board control, as late game its much easier to come back, but my health is sometimes chipped away enough for them to be able to win without effort. Thanks everyone in advance

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Smokebomb View Post
    Shadow Dance Serena, advice, criticism please!
    I'm looking for some advice and feedback (don't be scared to criticize) to make this deck as good as it can be for competitiveness, and yes i do realize they're not top tier, but i believe the player makes all the difference. As for my aims, i like control decks, ever since MtG like 15+ years ago when i was kid, its just way to expensive to keep up with. My hard matchups (180-200 rating, not very goodI but i'd like to make this as best as possible before going forwards) are good Majiyas, Eladwens (probably should be hard) and heavy aggro/beatdowns, like Amber and priests. Oh and i picked Serena cause she looks way cooler, and has a more complex ability, and everyone plays Lance

1x Serena Thoughtripper

Allies:

4x Jasmine Rosecult
    3x Aldon, the Brave
    3x Lily Rosecult
    4x Nightshade

14 Allies

Abilities:

4x Stop, Thief!
    4x Assassination
    4x Retreat
    2x Bad Santa
    4x Anklebreaker
    2x Honored Dead
    3x Ill-Gotten Gains
    2x Dagger of Unmaking

25 Abilities

Standard 40 cards, thought about going to 42 depending how it works out.

My thoughts have been tossed back and forth, i've seen many Serena variants that all look fun in their own rights. As i said before, i like control so that's my overall goal. I'm tossed between Priest of the light, Tainted oracle (last option, imo, doesn't seem like a smart t4 + move considering his low health, even counting his draw ability) Raven, Marshland Sentinel, Earthern Protector and of course Aeon. My abilities seem to be pretty accurate, Honored dead is situational but it has saved me, especially vs mages. Only options there are Black Garb, Grave Digger's Cloak and Crimson Vest (uncommon but might have nice synergy with IGG) and the eventual Spell-Eater Bands.
    I'd like to see what everyone would add and subtract, my main concern is early to mid-game board control, as late game its much easier to come back, but my health is sometimes chipped away enough for them to be able to win without effort. Thanks everyone in advance
    Hey there smokebomb,
    I wouldn't recommend crimson vest as if you're gonna play it it would mean you have some kind of board control already. Basically I see it as a 'win more' card. I also wouldn't recommend gravedigger since you already have 2 draw engines(should add 1 more ill gotten gains IMO) and you want to be using your SE for board control with your weapon.
    Given the relatively small number of allies you have and the fact that 3 of them are probably being used only to retrieve your used weapons, I think 3x black garb would be the ideal armor for you. It deters fatties from attacking you till you either assasinate or dagger them.
    Honestly I would take out the honoured dead cards. They just don't fit into this deck in any way I can see. You could add 2 aeon and 2 EP as your late game combo cuz I don't really see any late game ability in your deck yet
    Or you can add 4x Erika to piss off your enemies!!!

Just my 2 cents, hope it helps

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    appreciate the insight on black garb, ive been thinking about it for a while, I also added 3x Priest of light, to help my allies short comings, and to help with Mage SE abilities, (the health is a little bonus as well after taking out honored dead) my problem is early game board control, weenies end up chipping me down like 10 HP before I can get some tempo, so I'm thinking about putting Puwen back in as well.