Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Class Field Cards

What's field card?
    Essentially they are support cards that has persisting effect i.e. Artifact. But a little special..

What's special about field?

Not only beause the cards names imply such, but also these are also one at a time. Classic artifact/items are one of its kind so you can have two Mage Items on the field simulataneously as long as they are not the same ones. But field cards are one per player. So if you have Field A and cast Field B, Field A goes to graveyard.

How do we implement this?

Multiple ways.

1. Resource - Field: As I have already suggested that one way is to create a new type of card called resource. It can have subcategory called Field. All resource card are essentially by nature one at a time so this part of mechanics in taken care of. Second, I feel like field is part of nature and nature is what provide resource; hence, resource field. Third, field card will lock your max resource, so you are paying something for it rather than getting it for free.

See: http://www.shadowera.com/showthread....79-Shard-cards

2. Item/artifact approach - Just like regular item/artifact. But ensure the hidden rule that you can only have one field at a time.

This time I chose second approach, but works as well with Resource Field approach. If this ever sees light in the real game, I hope in the digital game we actually see cool effect that player's background changes to the corresponding field.

Player vs. Global?

One question would be should field card affect both player? If this is the case, I believe we may need to have a new section in playmat created called field and each user cast field on that section. So if your opponent cast one, your previous one no longer becomes active. From what I read Yu-Gi-Oh in more recent years stop doing global effect field but rather going with more of each player own field. I personally believe this make sense. Thus, these field cards are written such way. But having said this, I have some ideas for field cards that affect opponent side (planning to call "invasion keyword").

What's Class Field?

These are nothing but field cards specific each class. So the effect are also very specific.

Plain
    Warrior Field
    Add 1 HP to the first friendly ally casted in the turn.

Swamp
    Mage Field
    When Mage ability is casted, select an target and damage 1 to it.

Island
    Priest Field
    Heal 1 damage of your hero whenever an friendly ally is casted.

Mountain
    Hunter Field
    In each turn when a new friendly ally is summoned, add a "hunting trap."

*Hunting Trap is a most basic trap that damages 1 to newly casted opponent ally.

Slam
    Rogue Field
    The first new friendly ally casted in turn gains STEALTH for a turn and AMBUSH for 2 turns.

Forest
    Wulven Field
    Add 1 attack to the first friendly creature casted in a turn.

Cave
    Elemental Field
    Add 1 shadow energy when a first friendly ally is casted during the turn.
    Last edited by houshasen; 03-30-2012 at 01:55 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Plain
    Warrior Field
    comment: i like this one... since warrior is a protector...

Swamp
    Mage Field
    Draw a card upon on the time new first friendly ally is casted in the turn.
    comment: hmm.. since mage is a direct damager... instead of based on ally it should be based by mage ability.. and the best effect for it is +1 damage but for make it not too op... damage +1 only affect for allies... or maybe target ally damages for 1.

Island
    Priest Field
    comment: priest is a healer.. it's effect is ok for me.

Mountain
    Hunter Field

*Hunting Trap is a most basic trap that damages 1 to newly casted opponent ally.
    comment: an archer is based on trap or ranged weapon... so... it'll be better if your hero gain accuracy... which your weapon gain +1 attack...

Slam
    Rogue Field
    The first new friendly ally casted in turn gains ambush for a turn.
    comment: hmm... i think it's useless... because your ally can't attack when you summon it... so... it'll be better to have stealth in that turn... or ambush for 1st attack of it..

Forest
    Wulven Field
    comment: it just fine with me...

Cave
    Elemental Field
    comment: it'll be op... since it's name is cave... and it has something with darkness... so i'll give it a blind effect... opposing target ally is blinded and attack randomly (includes opposing ally and hero) or can't attack...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by putrajakarta View Post
    Plain
    Warrior Field
    comment: i like this one... since warrior is a protector...

Swamp
    Mage Field
    Draw a card upon on the time new first friendly ally is casted in the turn.
    comment: hmm.. since mage is a direct damager... instead of based on ally it should be based by mage ability.. and the best effect for it is +1 damage but for make it not too op... damage +1 only affect for allies... or maybe target ally damages for 1.

Island
    Priest Field
    comment: priest is a healer.. it's effect is ok for me.

Mountain
    Hunter Field

comment: an archer is based on trap or ranged weapon... so... it'll be better if your hero gain accuracy... which your weapon gain +1 attack...

Slam
    Rogue Field
    The first new friendly ally casted in turn gains ambush for a turn.
    comment: hmm... i think it's useless... because your ally can't attack when you summon it... so... it'll be better to have stealth in that turn... or ambush for 1st attack of it..

Forest
    Wulven Field
    comment: it just fine with me...

Cave
    Elemental Field
    comment: it'll be op... since it's name is cave... and it has something with darkness... so i'll give it a blind effect... opposing target ally is blinded and attack randomly (includes opposing ally and hero) or can't attack...
    Great points.

I changed Mage and Rogue.

Mountain seems you have valid point here, but I just like Hunting Trap... So that one I kept my idea. Though we could potentially have another field for what you suggesting.

Cave...

Blind effect seems pretty cool. But let's take a step back. Do you think selecting Cave as primary field of Elementals ok? I don't know where elemental lives...
    Last edited by houshasen; 03-30-2012 at 02:00 PM.