Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Wtzky's 1.5 Portal Nishaven

My updated version of portal Nishaven. This version is almost tuned.

I have been doing a version of this since 1.24 basically. It's been funny watching it evolve, as back in 1.24-1.26 the deck worked really well, mostly because of how reliably you could get portal out. Once 40 deck minimum size came out, it became harder to use, with much tougher sac phases. Then 1.29 hit and the speed of the game left this deck behind a lot. Now though, the deck is back, and working quite well

I beat some really good people with it, and am liking the way it works. The sac phases are still tough, but you can afford to lose some early board control due to Nishaven's ability. You want to face control decks. Avoid rush decks with this, it won't work as well. Moonstalker can be a bitch to face as well. Other then that, it does pretty well overall.

t4 portal is not the key. t5 or 6 portal is what you really want to aim for. Preferably you play a TO on t4 to set up for your big plays later on.

The deck:

1 x Nishaven

3 x Jas
    3 x Puwen
    2 x Blake/Dirk (you choose. I prefer Blake for the damage he can do through portal)
    3 x POTL
    2 x Aldon
    2 x Birgitte
    2 x Sandworm
    2 x Raven/EP/Aeon/Kurt (again, personal preference. EP does work very well through a portal as he hits hard and allows for a suicide combo - for example, hit with your EP so it is exhausted. Then suicide with an ally and it comes back buffed)
    3 x Tainted Oracle

4 x Fireball
    4 x Portal
    2 x Supernova

4 x Tome

2 x LLN
    2 x Severed Ties (alternatively, you can replace the severed ties with Dagger of Unmaking)

So there it is. A few options for those who want to experiment with it, but the core is there. My personal preferences for the options are to go with 2 x blake, 2 x EP and 2 x ST.

Key plays;

T4; TO or tome
    T5/6; play portal only once you have lost the board. If that is the case, you reset with your ability or supernova and play portal. You then have advantage next 2 turns

T4 portal does work as well, but you often just don't need it and there are better plays.

Obviously the dream start is T2 ally, T3 POTL/Jas, T4 Aldon/TO/Tome

Hope you guys like it.
    Resident dealer of Dead Man's hand of A1: Evolution in Theory

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Click for my Beginners Guide to Shadow Era Heroes

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Thanks for sharing, have to try this one!

But only 2 nova and no LS... Blasphemy?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Lol, if you think that's Blasphemy search for my 1.25 Portal Nishaven I had no LS, no Nova and no fireballs in it and it still kicked ass!

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    first off, i really like the deck idea. i can't wait to try it out. my question is why severed ties OR dagger of unmaking? aren't those two completely different cards for different things? i understand if it's to adjust for different meta's you're facing but just curious about it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well it's more a choice of which to use for what you are expecting to face, or alternatively in QM and tournaments where you can't change hero what your personal preference is. Do you prefer having another weapon against a fatty or a weapon against attachment ability cards? Personally I find that anti attachment cards give me more flexibility so I go for that.
    Last edited by Wtzky; 04-06-2012 at 05:42 AM.

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    gotcha, that's what i thought. with how many people run sandworm and gargoyle i agree with your decision

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    no ls...hmm maybe that's the room I needed in my deck to make it work. I'll try it out. Looks like thats the most major change you have from a "normal" mage deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes, it's light on spells as the focus is portal and the allies you can haste through it.

The beauty is that you will consistently get a portal by the turn you need it (turn 6), and with the supernovas and Nishavens ability you really don't lose out by not having lightning strike.

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ah, can't believe I missed this. Looks good. I'll note this down and try it some time.