Close

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Wtzky's Eladwen "Controlled Burn" v1.5 - tuned

Hey guys,

I've been working hard on bringing another Eladwen out that hopefully people can enjoy and adapt to their play. This deck has served me quite well, getting me quite quickly to a rating of 335 on the quick match ladder (at the time a rank of 8 before everyone kept jumping) before I started using other decks with my main account. It also got me to the finals (to be played) of an internal A1 tournament, beating some stiff competition on the way.

It's basically an updated version of my previous "Control Burn" deck, with a few changes to reflect Eladwen's new ability, which actually has some excellent board control with the addition of the freeze. Unfortunately the change has meant that Elad can't dish out damage as quickly as she used to to the hero, but it is still quite effective.

Analysis after the list:

1 x Eladwen

4 x Jasmine
    3 x Puwen
    2 x Aldon
    3 x Priest of the Light
    2 x Tainted Oracle
    2 x Aeon

4 x Fireball
    4 x Lightning Strike
    4 x Supernova
    4 x Clinging Web

4 x Tome of knowledge

2 x Severed Ties
    2 x Ley Line Nexus

So, the key to the deck; board control with spells, damage with allies.

You will notice that I haven't used Dagger of Unmaking, a popular choice in most mage decks. I find that Clinging web is all that Eladwen needs with her ability, as plenty of people play pesky allies such as Sandworm and Molten Destroyer, and I find that stalling them with freeze/web/distract (Jas) is just as good as actually getting rid of them. If they can't attack you, you can pile on enough damage with your allies until you can combo things like Nova and Fireball.

Don't be afraid to use your spells to control the board. Your main damage output here will be your allies primarily, spells secondarily. Nova is there for clearing the board (a nova + ability will clear a sandworm, as will a nova chain) or for chaining together late game to win the thing.

Severed ties is there for solo decks that rely on their attachments (Millstalker, DC and Gwen primarily). It is also an amazing card against warriors, who used to be a huge problem with their ability to instantly gain 10 hp. If you see any warrior attach enrage, smile to yourself and save this card for when they get to their teens in hp, as this card is effectively a 10-hp-loss-in-one-go card.

LLN is key for spelleaters and other annoying shit. You don't have any way of dealing with <5cc items, which can be annoying if you run into stuff like Black Garb. I haven't found a way around that as yet, just deal with it as best you can (preferably suicide Tainted Oracle into Black Garb).

Aeon is a nice drop when you have a POTL/Aldon/Jas in hand (or down) as you can play one of those and buff them the same turn from t7 onwards. If you manage to buff a Jas to 6 hp, the game is most definitely yours.

Ideal plays:

(going first)

t2 puwen/tome
    t3 potl
    t4 aldon/LS
    t5 TO/jas
    t6 aeon

(going second)

t2 tome/web/puwen
    t3 jas/aldon
    t4 TO/LS/FB
    t5 web/ability + allies or Nova if in real trouble

Hope you guys enjoy it
    Resident dealer of Dead Man's hand of A1: Evolution in Theory

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Click for my Beginners Guide to Shadow Era Heroes

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Very cool! I like your use of Oracle against Black Garb -- I've been using Kris and DOU for dealing with Garb in my Elad but Oracle's even better, good call!
    1.25, 1.26, 1.27: 40 card decks, Big Bad Baduruu
    1.28/1.29 - best forgotten except for Elementalis Prime Grindage

1.5 - it's all good Naughty Gwenches
    -
    Players Focus Group 1, Missing In Action member of PFG 2

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Neato! Thanks for sharing. Will give it a whirl tonight.
    Acolytes of A1.
    Oderint Dum Metuant.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    no kris, olnly 3 puwen, how it regains controll against weenie or just rush deck?

how often do you use jasmine ability?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dima View Post
    no kris, olnly 3 puwen, how it regains controll against weenie or just rush deck?

how often do you use jasmine ability?
    With web, LS and Nova. Against rush decks it's very much a crap shoot. Whoever gets the better draw usually wins.

Check out www.a1-alliance.org to find out all about us, and Ask A1! Also now out, Project Omega, a full shadowera Wiki + exclusive strategy guides!

Siege on A1 - the toughest challenge yet. Have you got what it takes? Over 17,000 crystals up for grabs!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    one guide at a time... We shall bring clinging webs into mainstream mage play. Muahaha.

Btw, I never credited you, but my webs addition to my GBs were inspired by our old PFG tournament decks. Kudos.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    what about freeze vs webs? In what situation what card is better?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Dima View Post
    what about freeze vs webs? In what situation what card is better?
    I just find Web to be superior because I don't often need the extra 1 turn of disable that freeze affords.

It's basically a better card because of how cheap it is and how easily it can combo with other spells/ally drops.

It's like the super combo of old of t5 Jas + retreat which used to be a staple of everyone's decks in 1.25-1.26. With web you can drop a t5 Jas while disabling 2 allies (ability + webs). The disable lasts long enough for you to deal with whatever you need to.

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Wenhui Tay View Post
    one guide at a time... We shall bring clinging webs into mainstream mage play. Muahaha.

Btw, I never credited you, but my webs addition to my GBs were inspired by our old PFG tournament decks. Kudos.
    Thank you That GB stall/burn deck was good fun!

Recent accolades:
    TJ Gauntlet Finalist!
    PFG Tournament Winner
    PFG 1 & 2 member
    Crown 14 RU
    Guild Wars #1 winners

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Isn't Retreat! flat out better than webs? It takes ally away for 2 turns but your opponent have to spent resources to cast it again.