Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Switch to Amber?

Guys i have been playing a boris deck for about a month now since i joined Shadow Era and i have gone upto a rank of 230+ highest and currently somewhere in the 180s..
    The thing is, i've noticed that my opponents refrain from using less than 4cc allies and just go on to cast ravens,shadow knights, plasma behemoths,aeons or any ally above 4cc which renders my Boris useless and he stays there gathering shadow energy for nothing..
    Should i switch to amber now?..i'll have to modify my deck accordingly but atleast i'll get to make the best use of her..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Switching from Boris to Amber should be very easy - most of the cards are the same. You might have to acquire some Dimension Rippers (hopefully you already have 4x Jeweler's Dream) and maybe some Reserve Weapon, but that's about it. Amber is just a better hero than Boris. You nailed down one of the problems of Boris; the other problem he has is that 4SE is a high cost, and a string of PotL's can easily keep him from activating his ability (and his, like Zaladar's, is an ability you really want asap). The inability to kill 5-6 costed allies can hurt, but that actually has a solution: just run lots of Retreat and Crippling Blow, and rush them hard before they can come back down and dominate the board.

But almost nothing in the game compares with an Amber-buffed Jeweler's Dream, if not dealt with immediately. If Boris can spend 4SE to kill a Jasmine, Amber can spend 3SE + 4 resource to get in 3 * 4 = 12 damage, enough to kill 3 Jasmines. We haven't even get to the resource renewel you get from JD.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have the same problem with Boris you just have to account for it, he is still a Strong hero. If you have an aldon or jasmine and he drops a 5cc, you can drop kings pride and deal 5 damage killing plasma behemoth.

Amber is great but you don't have to switch, it's preference.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Boris is just lacking... However i think there are builds for him...
    Since Boris rely on allies so much, probably buffed Sandworm is the best theme... get war banner, TKP, aldon, aeon to buff Sandworm LOL
    I have to try that...

anyway Amber is stronger. The switch is very easy. Just add 6+weapon, that's it...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetgab View Post
    Switching from Boris to Amber should be very easy - most of the cards are the same. You might have to acquire some Dimension Rippers (hopefully you already have 4x Jeweler's Dream) and maybe some Reserve Weapon, but that's about it. Amber is just a better hero than Boris. You nailed down one of the problems of Boris; the other problem he has is that 4SE is a high cost, and a string of PotL's can easily keep him from activating his ability (and his, like Zaladar's, is an ability you really want asap). The inability to kill 5-6 costed allies can hurt, but that actually has a solution: just run lots of Retreat and Crippling Blow, and rush them hard before they can come back down and dominate the board.

But almost nothing in the game compares with an Amber-buffed Jeweler's Dream, if not dealt with immediately. If Boris can spend 4SE to kill a Jasmine, Amber can spend 3SE + 4 resource to get in 3 * 4 = 12 damage, enough to kill 3 Jasmines. We haven't even get to the resource renewel you get from JD.
    I do have spare reserve weapons, I think i'll get 4x DRs and maybe Berserker's edge..Besides ter adun, no one can keep up with amber's repeated weapon spams..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by stevevai1983 View Post
    Boris is just lacking... However i think there are builds for him...
    Since Boris rely on allies so much, probably buffed Sandworm is the best theme... get war banner, TKP, aldon, aeon to buff Sandworm LOL
    I have to try that...

anyway Amber is stronger. The switch is very easy. Just add 6+weapon, that's it...
    I used to play sandworms a lot when i started playing, my favourite combo was to buff sandworm with reinforced armor,KP and aeon's ability and watch my opponents shit bricks..but that does not seem to work anymore since a single CB, retreat or any other disabling cards take down the whole combo in a single turn..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Freak View Post
    I used to play sandworms a lot when i started playing, my favourite combo was to buff sandworm with reinforced armor,KP and aeon's ability and watch my opponents shit bricks..but that does not seem to work anymore since a single CB, retreat or any other disabling cards take down the whole combo in a single turn..
    Add warrior training. It's super good in Sandworm theme deck hahaha.

CB my Sandworm? drop a warrior training ! wait opponent cry

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by stevevai1983 View Post
    Add warrior training. It's super good in Sandworm theme deck hahaha.

CB my Sandworm? drop a warrior training ! wait opponent cry
    I used to put warrior training with Erika against ally oriented opponents. It worked like a charm !..specially against wulven since they have no real counters against it..