Close

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Starcat View Post
    the fanboys will always defend SE and thats fine. but at least get your facts correct. legacy was around loooooong before shadow era.
    Then why would you try to argue against Shadow Era on a Shadow Era forum?? Serious, you are the only one getting a bad imagine out of this. You could have just made a post like:

'Hey people, nice to see that you guys found my game/website, it's a project I've been working for a long time already. Sorry to hear that some of you guys thought it looked like a ripoff from the Shadow Era website, but I can asure that the game itself is completly diferent from Shadow Era. you can check out the rules at (here the link). Hope to maybe see you guys some day on Legacy. '

But no, you had to go and try to talk back, and worst, trying to lower Shadow Era (and yes, nearly everyone here is a fan of Shadow Era.... because it's a Shadow Era forum!)... By this you probably only lost possible future players for your game....

I would strongly advice you to hire a PR for legacy, and in the future let him take care of things like this.
    Member of E2E.

“Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.”
    “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
    “God did not create evil. Just as darkness is the absence of light, evil is the absence of God.”
    “I want to know God's thoughts - the rest are mere details.”
    “Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”

- by Albert Einstein

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Couldn't afford to make it look like Magic: The Gathering's website lol.
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    so instead of supposedly copying Shadow era, you want me to copy magic? thats logical. if you guys think theres similarities then i would get my eyes checked. thats like saying every car is the same because it has four wheels.

there is, NOTHING similar or even remotely close between shadow era and legacy. they are two entirely different games. if you had spent more than 2 seconds on the legacy site you'd see that. im done responding here because its just a bunch of trolls at this point.
    Last edited by Starcat; 03-29-2012 at 01:10 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Padawan Pete View Post
    I tried to register, it said I might get an email if I am lucky.
    yes.. thats kind of the idea between pay and free. its right on the front page.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Starcat View Post
    because i really dont care.
    Worked on a game for 15 years, doesnt care.
    I AM THE FRICKIN' ARCH-MAGE OF THE ENTIRE UNIVERSE!!
    Have a sword in your face!

God damn these facts getting in the way of my succes!!

DP Visionary
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin JF View Post
    Worked on a game for 15 years, doesnt care.
    1iw8.jpg

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Attached Images Attached Images
    iClipse - A1's Twilight Manipulator - A1 : Evolution in Theory
    Part of PFG

• My psychiatrist told me I was crazy and I said I want a second opinion. He said okay, you're ugly too.

• Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.

• With sufficient thrust, pigs fly just fine.

• I used to be indecisive. Now I'm not sure.

• A diplomat is someone who can tell you to go to hell in such a way that you will look forward to the trip.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    U mad bro?

Serious, you should learn to read... No one is saying that your GAME is a copy of Shadow Era, only the WEBSITE is a copy. There is a big diference between the 2 things..

And you can't say that there are no HUGE similarities between the 2 websites, if you really believe that then you should be the one getting your eyes checked.

Let me just get started on the similarities of the websites:

- One hero/important dude/character from the game (or whatever you call yours) big in the middle
    - Bellow it big the name of the game
    - Now you got the top menu, both sites have him and they both have look-a-like shapes (diferent, but the same idea), even the Play is at the same place as the Play Now from shadow era
    - Then we got a 3 collumn design
    - A secondary menu on the left, with kind of same items and even in the same order...
    - Text in the center
    - Right we got a slideshow of the cards

Yes, a 3 collumn design's are indeed very normal and have been arround since forever, but you CAN'T say that all this other stuff is just standard, or even standard for TCG, because if you look at the websites of other trading card games they are completly diferent. (I'm a webdesigner so I have good ideas of what is 'standard'...)

I personaly don't see that a big a deal about the website being a copy, because the game is clearly diferent and the important thing is the game... but you should just be man about it and admit you copied the website...
    Member of E2E.

“Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.”
    “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
    “God did not create evil. Just as darkness is the absence of light, evil is the absence of God.”
    “I want to know God's thoughts - the rest are mere details.”
    “Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”

- by Albert Einstein

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Starcat your fighting a losing battle. Stop arguing and get back developing, playing, managing or whatever your doing on legacy and just leave this forum make life easier for yourself
    Anylitical super fans
    Entertaining timeless compadre

CARD SUGGESTIONS
    HOMUNCULI
    NEW FACTION/CLASS ALLY SUGGESTIONS
    LIEUTENANTS

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Awall!!! View Post
    Starcat your fighting a losing battle. Stop arguing and get back developing, playing, managing or whatever your doing on legacy and just leave this forum make life easier for yourself
    i already have. its clear they are very emotionally attached to the game and it feels like i somehow insulted their mother. i already gave up so now im going back to work.