Close

Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Junk Style View Post
    not sure why this deck doesn't use dual wield. I always prefer it over lily to be honest...

Frankly that new human ally that adds durability might be pretty sick with bedge as well
    Purely because Dual Wield was replaced by Reserve Weapon in 1.5 (which is properly returned by Lily now btw).

I was going to try and use Zoe, but she just isn't needed and is too weak. It could be used in a similar type with 4 x Mocking Armour, but would still be very difficult to pull off. I forgot to go back and try it so I might start testing this one out and see if it can work.
    Last edited by Keaven; 04-04-2012 at 05:40 AM.
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    very nice deck, but I'm not sure how useful are sandworms (in practice, meaning 5-6 games in my case)
    If you want to draw fire on an ally, Aeon is just has useful and can also
    protect the occasional Lily recycling cast.
    If it's to finish off when approaching the endgame, 2 dmg is not much either.

have you consider Sever Ties to get rid of Blood frenzy when you don't need it anymore ? (does it even works
    on one's own attachments by the way ?)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmo K View Post
    very nice deck, but I'm not sure how useful are sandworms (in practice, meaning 5-6 games in my case)
    If you want to draw fire on an ally, Aeon is just has useful and can also
    protect the occasional Lily recycling cast.
    If it's to finish off when approaching the endgame, 2 dmg is not much either.

have you consider Sever Ties to get rid of Blood frenzy when you don't need it anymore ? (does it even works
    on one's own attachments by the way ?)
    Sandworms are purely anti-mage and can slip under Mocking Armour where Aeon's stick out. The original version had no allies but Lily and worked a lot better, however is vulnerable to Mages. I'm currently trying to mix up the fatties and number of allies in the deck and including a copy of The King's Pride. I was finding Aeon as useful as Sandworms purely for his ability. I'm probably leaning towards him anyway.

I've not considered Severed Ties. I can come into a bit of trouble Vs Moonstalker or Zaladar with Bazaar, but it still seems a little too specific. Interesting thought though, but usually there is no point at which the extra draw from Blood Frenzy is not needed except when winning, and the ping doesn't matter anyway.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Re: Blood Frenzy: with Warrior life totals and access to Enrage, a 1-point ping per extra card is nothing when you consider you are getting twice as many cards as you opponent (typically). The only point in a game Severing your own BF would be relevant is when you have run out of cards, but if you haven't won yet by then... well, it doesn't look good anyway.

Cheers,
    -Harakhte
    Harakhte - A1's Esoteric Egyptian Enigma
    www.a1-alliance.org - "Evolution in Theory"

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Keaven View Post
    Purely because Dual Wield was replaced by Reserve Weapon in 1.5 (which is properly returned by Lily now btw).

I was going to try and use Zoe, but she just isn't needed and is too weak. It could be used in a similar type with 4 x Mocking Armour, but would still be very difficult to pull off. I forgot to go back and try it so I might start testing this one out and see if it can work.
    /facepalm... indeed it was renamed.

but yea.... i still think reserve weapon is far superior.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Junk Style View Post
    /facepalm... indeed it was renamed.

but yea.... i still think reserve weapon is far superior.
    Yeah it is. But the Reserve Weapon + Lily combo is what makes this deck so strong.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is a really cool deck, I love innovative stuff. I am right now at about 290 (having slipped somehow from 308) and it is winning decently.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well i tried this deck and Im failing miserably. I give 30% of it to the fact that im a newbie, 40% is because I suck, but the other 30% Im sure is because Im doing something wrong.
    Lets see, with long games I have no problem following the strategy, but what to do when the opponent swarms u with allies?
    For instance:
    T1 Kristoffer Wild
    T2 Puwen Bloodhelm
    T3 Aldon the Brave
    By the time i even get the berserkers Edge out half my life points are gone, and the guy has 4 allies on me. And if i use crippling Blow or Retreat i lose a whole turn. What to do then?
    And against Jericho? By round 4 he removes BF or rampage and u hsve to lose yet another turn. Tips?
    Thanks!!!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by elsestar View Post
    Well i tried this deck and Im failing miserably. I give 30% of it to the fact that im a newbie, 40% is because I suck, but the other 30% Im sure is because Im doing something wrong.
    Lets see, with long games I have no problem following the strategy, but what to do when the opponent swarms u with allies?
    For instance:
    T1 kristoffer wild
    T2 puwen bloodhelm
    T3 aldon the brave
    By the time i even get the berserkers Edge out half my life points are gone, and the guy has 4 allies on me. And if i use crippling Blow or Retreat i lose a whole turn. What to do then?
    And against jericho? By round 4 he removes BF or rampage and u hsve to lose yet another turn. Tips?
    Thanks!!!
    In your first example this is the easiest strategy to counter, although drawing bad can make it more difficult. T3 Blood Frenzy, T4 Rampage, T5 Berserker's Edge and kill Kristoffer. depending on whether you were 1st or second just changes the T4/T5 when you kill Aldon with ability. This deck is designed to tank damage in the first 4 turns, and get it back with Rampage and Enrage.

I used to think Jericho match up was hard, but have found it's actually a good one. Keep as many attachments as you can (even Crippling Blow) or particularly the one you need most (Blood Frenzy can help you draw another Rampage later if you need, where as you may need Rampage to survive a good rush). Jericho usually needs a fair bit of SE with Wizent's Staff for his draw and so is not as hard hitting as it would appear to this deck which relies so much on attachments.
    Last edited by Keaven; 04-10-2012 at 01:04 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Keaven View Post
    In your first example this is the easiest strategy to counter, although drawing bad can make it more difficult. T3 Blood Frenzy, T4 Rampage, T5 Berserker's Edge and kill Kristoffer. depending on whether you were 1st or second just changes the T4/T5 when you kill Aldon with ability. This deck is designed to tank damage in the first 4 turns, and get it back with Rampage and Enrage.

I used to think Jericho match up was hard, but have found it's actually a good one. Keep as many attachments as you can (even Crippling Blow) or particularly the one you need most (Blood Frenzy can help you draw another Rampage later if you need, where as you may need Rampage to survive a good rush). Jericho usually needs a fair bit of SE with Wizent's Staff for his draw and so is not as hard hitting as it would appear to this deck which relies so much on attachments.
    I see.. perhaps I gave too little to the fact that I suck!!!
    that example happened to me but after Aldon the opponent got that whore protector with 2 defense so I had to use Boris ability on her and killed kristoffer, but still the guy had like 3 other allies and killed me in like the next round...
    Ill keep on trying though, hopefully my sucking will decrease some!
    thanks mate