Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dima View Post
    I like tank style in 1.5
    I think this deck is the definition of 1.5 tank style
    Shallow Era Channel and Blog
    Enhancing The Community, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    1 copy of those armours seems pretty inconsistent though. But I guess they can be modified for meta-choices.
    Spin Doctor of A1: Evolution in Theory

Thinking of joining a guild? Why not try out for the Acolytes of A1: Students today, Masters tomorrow

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i'll have to try out this deck albeit with a few changes. one copy of armors cannot be depended upon. maybe i'll add a couple of good ascendants to support sandworms. nice deck btw..
    A1's Fiery Fastest Freak

A1: Evolution in Theory

Respect Existence
    Or
    Expect Resistance!

"I live in the weak and the wounded, Doc."-Simon

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by SpeakerOfTruth View Post
    1 copy of those armours seems pretty inconsistent though. But I guess they can be modified for meta-choices.
    The armour is universal, so having three is enough and not usually needed for victory anyway. They help tank and stall sometimes, and can bait item destruction also.

This is the only deck that I know of that can effectively use Mocking Armor because Berserker's Edge and Reserve Weapon usually draw their item destruction, and Berserker Boris can clear the board before it is summoned. I would like to just use this armour but the deck becomes more vulnerable in some match ups due to it's 2 durability and it can even bury Reserve Weapon in your graveyard when you need it on top.

The deck originally started with 2 x Violet Thunderstorm and 2 x Nova Infusion, but this was reduced in the final version because there just isn't enough room and going over 40 cards will likely weaken you vs human mage which is the toughest match-up already, and in some cases needs to be played without Blood Frenzy.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    what do you think of snow sapphire here ? stalling opponent's allies should fit this strategy.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmo K View Post
    what do you think of snow sapphire here ? stalling opponent's allies should fit this strategy.
    Not really necessary. You want to take allies down, not stall them, and Violet Thunderstorm does a better job of that. Plus it punishes Heroes with weapons more, and you really want Heroes with weapons to be able to strike you with Berserker's Edge equipped rather than be frozen. Allies are also buffing Berserker's Edge by attacking so this would slow down the recycling synergy.

It could be worth testing, but I've not lost a match I probably could have won with Snow Sapphire instead. I would be more inclined to try The King's Pride for it's high durability.
    Last edited by Keaven; 04-03-2012 at 11:56 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i'm a new player and i've been trying this deck
    so far it went well only losing to human mage
    thanx for sharing it^^

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kunamon View Post
    i'm a new player and i've been trying this deck
    so far it went well only losing to human mage
    thanx for sharing it^^
    No worries. Just remember to hold back your 2 cost support cards until after you get a Berserker's Edge out if you can. If you don't get a Blood Frenzy early enough they can also be used to help stall while you sit on 3/4/5 resources waiting for it if needed.

The only exception to this is against human mage (typically Eladwen) where you should be using Crippling Blow on their T2 ally (or even T3) and Shield Bash any Priest of The Light's before they strike to minimise damage, as they often rely on Bad Santa as well. In this match up if you can hold Blood Frenzy until later (if you need) or resource early draws depending on what else you get.

I'm probably about 60/40 against Eladwen decks, although it's hard to tell the odds Vs a good deck because I'm sure I come across plenty of test/experimental builds that aren't as effective. Probably more likely to be the reverse if I was playing against standard T1 competitive builds.

Oh, and another thing. I almost never summon Lily unless she is returning an item I want even if I have spare resources, Mocking Armor in play, and am card blocked.
    Last edited by Keaven; 04-04-2012 at 03:11 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    not sure why this deck doesn't use dual wield. I always prefer it over lily to be honest...

Frankly that new human ally that adds durability might be pretty sick with bedge as well