Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Limit for deck size?

I would like to know if there is any limit for a deck size to be used in a battle..i mean a few days back i came across a 110+ deck size of a eladwen and today i came across a 230+ deck size of a boris!..he told me in game how he has 4X of every card..
    Now..is there any limit to a deck size?..!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Heh. Challenge for you all: win streak using a deck with at least 200 cards, playing at or above rank 300.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    In my previous CCG, Star Chamber, we would play "Fatty" matches, games with 1000+ cards per player.

In that game, it would greatly reduce the effect deck design would have on the matches. Many cards that were under-utilized in the meta would turn up.

They are certainly not competitive.

If your opponent had 4 of each card allowable to that hero, than that would be the deck size cap, until more cards are released.

Fortana

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, it just two side of the game, deck building and game playing.

Small size deck require hard deck building and turn our for a while after every one play similar deck with only 1-2 different card for a hero because there is a best deck for each hero.

A large deck just come to point you have to need to plan a lot and play hard on the game, less deck building included. But if require a higher balance of the game,which I did not see in SE.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think in any TCG the "limit" is always the lower limit.. in SE you must have at least 40cards.. there is no upper limit.
    (after they release more sets i hope they will increase this lower limit to 50 cards)

In MTG you must have at least 60 cards. In theory you can have 4832713713#$@#$ cards in your deck.. but in fact hardly anyone will use even 61 cards. It's really mess up the probability of drawing core cards.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    As everyone else already said. One thing I would add is from what I heard the cap of TCG like in Magic usually comes from how many cards you can physically shuffle. So if you cannot shuffle those cards at once that's over the limit.

More card definitely NOT equal to better deck. Just based on the statistics, you have much lower chance pulling off the card you need at the right timing when you have too many unnecessary cards in your deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yeah higher number of cards reduces the possibility of getting better cards but i'm beginning to think if a human player for example uses the maximum number of allies allowed in a deck which is 80 , wouldn't he have a better chance of summoning allies every turn ?..like a super ally spam or somethin..
    :/