Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Plasma Behemoth vs Molten Destroyer

Hello, I have recently moved from human heroes to shadow ones, thinking of starting with Banebow. Shadow has 3 decent 5cc allies: Plasma Behemoth, Molten Destroyer and Shadow Knight (I feel that Minotaur is crap).

Shadow Knight offers great utility and works well with Lamb so I am going to include 2-3 of them. And as you know, the 5cc slot for Banebow is also filled with Soul Seeker so I don't have much space for anything else.

Now it boils down to whether I should include 4x Behemoths or Destroyers. I think both of them are great, so if anyone can offer me some insights it will be much appreciated!
    Last edited by DracoNite; 03-27-2012 at 05:40 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Molten or PBs is a question of your deck and your playstile. With Bainbow can work both pretty well because you can secure the board controll that is needed to play them.

The point its that PBs need a tone of recources to work properly which mean that you can't play much else. Molten Destroyer on the other hand can deal 5 dmg with a singel attack to another ally which is pretty good and also will everybody who attack them die a painfull death . Nonetheless can MDs be stopped quit easy with a CB or a Raven which isn't a huge problem for the PBs. But if you use SL and SK proberly you might turn event this situation around.

My point of view is that when you decide to play with PBs you should build your deck around them whereas you can use the MDs as addition to your deck to work properly with other allies. You can use both for testing and play a few rounds with the NPCs enemy to see how your fetties work in your deck and with other allies. Once you satifed with the draw probabilty and your recourse magement you can go on and rule the ladder
    A1's Cold Predator - A1: Evolution in Theory

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I got 3 Plasma Behemoth, 3 Shadow Knight and 2 Molten Destroyer (it's my favourite card) and with them i do really good (maybe because i know how to play them in my deck but whatever...)
    It's all about your choice: if you think you need to make damage and not to play ability\ally or support card you have to add PB, if you need to make damage and play other card add MD, if you have enough resource and you are going to deal damage and play other card add them both...
    𝓚𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓸𝓯 𝓐𝓼𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓵𝓮𝓼

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by DracoNite View Post
    I feel that Minotaur is crap
    Minotaur really packs a punch, and the lifeloss is not much of a concern with Soulseeker. Also, it survives nova.

It's actually not a bad inclusion in banebow decks. I guess Minotaur, PB and MD are all viable choices, just depends on your playstyle.
    Spin Doctor of A1: Evolution in Theory

Thinking of joining a guild? Why not try out for the Acolytes of A1: Students today, Masters tomorrow

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    There is no one best answer.

I personally prefer Plasma Behemoth over any other 5c ally, as he is able to deal damage without engaging in combat. He can bypass rain delays or abilities that stop him from attacking and he still deals a lot of damage. He is basically a free fireball dispenser.

He works especially well in my Wulven deck, as I run 4 Jeweler's Dream that provide me with some extra ressources to use his ability basically every round.
    Conceptual stuff
    The Rule of Six - Building and reviewing a deck.

Behold my Wulven decks
    Wrath of the Wulven - Making the most of your Moonstalker!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Cruxx View Post
    He works especially well in my Wulven deck, as I run 4 Jeweler's Dream that provide me with some extra ressources to use his ability basically every round.
    I use the same tactics (when I'm able to play them)!
    If you add a Speedstrike you can have two PB in play and deal double damage, even better if you play Thaddeus too!
    𝓚𝓲𝓷𝓰 𝓸𝓯 𝓐𝓼𝓼𝓱𝓸𝓵𝓮𝓼

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Moonstalker loves PB to death.

In a Banebow its tricky, it is a playstyle thing. If you recurse with Shadow Knight, destroyer can be a never-ending pain in the butt also it is significantly cheaper on resources, and helps with board control whether or not it survives a turn. I personally use PB in most cases, I find him more flexible, but molten destroyer is a solid choice too.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I prefer PB. He can do 7 damage a turn, and can take out two allies in one turn if need be. Although he does take up alot of resources, he can win games by himself, which MD usually can't do.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Molten Destroyer is nice if you encounter a lot of Mages. You're pretty much guaranteed they'll deal at least 1 retaliation damage if they Nova him.

Shadow Knight is pretty good with Wrath of the Forest, that's a lot of draw (and they require immediate attention).

Plasma Behemoth is auto-win vs Warriors.

It's a tough desicion in QM now, I feel Warriors and Mages are almost equally represented. I'm not sure yet which is better vs Lance. PB can hit through Stealth but MD will set Raven ablaze and deal damage even if hit with Anklebreaker.

Maybe 3 of each and sac according to matchup?

edit: 2 guys ninja'ed me... I only drank one beer!
    FDL TV!

Channel | Thread | Twitter
    Deck Techs, Game Commentary, Replay Analysis and more!

FDL Tips: The Metagame, Balance and You || Empty Hands
    LL Decklists: Serena || Elementalis

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    the only thing I should mention is that once you start playing against 270+ players , PB will probably not have the time to say hello before it's FBalled & pinged, assasinated, retreated, tidaled, DoUed etc.
    The molten guy on the other hand guarantees (in most cases) some kind of damage to your opp..
    I believe PB to be way too slow and costly, of course he does have his uses with Moonstalker..just don't see him doing too well with other heroes..