Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: GwenClaw

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've actually played Gwen more than any other hero in v1.5 (though I've recently shelved her to try different things), and it's my first time using her as well. I had a lot of fun with it, but hit a rating cap I couldn't get past, so I moved on to other things.

Anyway, the one thing I'd REALLY recommend is Spelleater Bands. There are just so many Mages out there these days (and even against non-mages, the armor can at least save you 5 hp, so that's somethin'). It's really a game-breaker.

I'd personally say more copies of Lily and lose the Guardian's Oath, but then, I never actually tried playing with Guardian's Oath, so I may be wrong.

There was a time when I was using Aimed Shot, but I have to agree with you on this--the threat of Ley Line Nexus makes it hard to use well.

How do you do against Warriors? They've always been my biggest problem, mostly because of their card-draw.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Alazzar View Post
    How do you do against Warriors? They've always been my biggest problem, mostly because of their card-draw.
    Sever Ties. But it's a tough match up.
    Acolytes of A1.
    Oderint Dum Metuant.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    This looks a great deck. Very very similar to the cards I use. Apart from the lack of night prowler. Lol but yeah. I like the deck a lot!Did you decide against rain delay??
    Anylitical super fans
    Entertaining timeless compadre

CARD SUGGESTIONS
    HOMUNCULI
    NEW FACTION/CLASS ALLY SUGGESTIONS
    LIEUTENANTS

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I actually don't like RD except in a certain deck but it can go well with this too.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordh View Post
    Sever Ties. But it's a tough match up.
    I'd considered putting a few copies of Sever Ties in (since there are a few deck slots I'm not sure what to do with), but I feel like it wouldn't matter much if they've got 4x Blood Frenzy to my 2x Sever Ties. Although I guess it might hold off their card-draw long enough to get the job done . . .

Hmm. Maybe I'll try this tonight. =P

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Alazzar View Post
    I'd considered putting a few copies of Sever Ties in (since there are a few deck slots I'm not sure what to do with), but I feel like it wouldn't matter much if they've got 4x Blood Frenzy to my 2x Sever Ties. Although I guess it might hold off their card-draw long enough to get the job done . . .

Hmm. Maybe I'll try this tonight. =P
    The ST's won't appear until later in the game and by then hopefully they will have sacced one or two BF's. When you do get your ST try to time it when they don't have a ton of cards on hand. They won't pull another BF any time soon (hopefully ). Unless you are in an ultra strong position when ST comes up don't sac them. If possible, save one for BF and the other for Enrage. Always prioritize BF though.
    Acolytes of A1.
    Oderint Dum Metuant.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Sever them ties with Enrage when they have 10 or below health but I wouldn't put ST in there. If you really want to put something, Spelleaters are good.
    Last edited by ahmet476; 03-27-2012 at 10:42 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @ahmet:

Have you considered using Master Smith rather than Lily for item recovery? Same cost and allows for you to search graveyard for desired weapon.

This would allow you to use more traps and not worry about lilly bringing the wrong item to the party..
    IGN: E2E BallyWorld
    Common Hero: Victor, Serena, and Gwyn

Resident Sapper and Proud Member of E2E: Enlisted to Endure.

"For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found." Luke 15:24
    "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe. There is no difference, for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Romans 3:22-24

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Good points. I like her 3 damage but she gets killed without attacking mostly because the enemy will have one or two ally on board or a spell etc ready to kill her. Master Smith might be better. I'll add it to deck list as an alternative. Thanks.