Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Error contacting server...

Hy everyone,

For 2 days now I have been unable to enter the game online from my iPhone. I keep geting this message after about 30 seconds of waiting: ERROR CONTACTING SERVER. PLEASE TRY AGAIN.

Is it just me or there is some kind of problem with the server?

Thanks for your help!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've been able to login fine on my iPad and I'm not aware of any issues as of late. It this happening on both 3G and Wi-Fi? Also, does the problem occur on other devices like your computer?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I've been getting this issue on the web interface, however my Android is fine.
    Extra Tough Claws - Proud Member of ETC

Articles | Decklist | Fan Fiction

Shadow Era Art Thread | PB @ DeviantArt

PFG Member | I've been interviewed!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Still Error

I get the error on 3G. On my PC the game works ok and the thing is it is thettered from my phone so same internet connection.
    When this started happening I didn't change anything, it just started acting like this on it's own...
    Sometimes it connects but it is once every 5 hours or so (I have to stay with my phone and try over and over again) and after that it works fine but if I disconnect the error message starts again and I can't connect for another 5-10 hours.
    I am very sad that this is happening as SE is my favorite game and the game I play most on my device... Hope you guys can give me some feedback with a solution.

Thanks!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    That's odd if it doesn't happen on your PC when it's tethered to your iPhone. ^^ Have you tried restarting your iPhone? Or deleting the app on your iPhone and then reinstalling it? Seems to be an issue with Shadow Era on your iPhone, if you're logging in fine on your PC.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    AnAdolt hi!

I know it's odd, I've reinstalled the game and reboot and all that but still no fix. I even changed my external ip on my phone to try and fix it.
    I don't know man, I feel so sad that this is happening. Again, I did not change anything before this started happening. And I repeat, once every 10 hours it logs in but if I disconnect for some reason the error appears again.

There must be a way to fix this, there always is! I appreciate your further feedback on this, thanks!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You may want to try backing up everything first and then restore the phone. If you're jailbreaking the phone, try out Shadow Era before you reinstall all the other stuff to narrow down what seems to be the cause. If even that doesn't work, you may have to use the stock firmware then.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You are right AnAdolt, that will fix the problem 99%.
    I have tested SE in safe mode and it works. I'm thinking of erasing all content and putting all the stuff back, it will be a hassle because the last time I restored I had a bunch of errors and don't want to go trough that again...

Thank you very much for your time spent helping me, you rock

I will post the result that I come to.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Glad I could be of assistance. ^^

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Ok, so this is my final feedback on this.

I set out to erase the content on my phone, as last time when I restored I got a lot of errors and it took me 5 hours to find a fix.
    In safe mode the game was working perfectly, but since I had to always switch between safe mode and normal mode to play SE I decided to re install everything.
    Now, my internet connection is tethered from my phone so if if I mess up my phone I have no internet, on the other hand I need internet to find some fix for my phone if I mess it up. So knowing this I decided to risk it and erase all content on my phone.
    I knew the process would take several hours to perform as the phone must rewrite all the space with a line of zeros, so I started this before I went to sleep.
    I woke up in the early morning, some 8 hours later to find my phone still working on the process. At that point I realized I had potentially partially bricked my phone.
    As it turns out that day a new refrigerator order was due so I really needed the phone to receive the order.
    I decided to start restoring the phone, now with no internet and no way to search again for the fixes that I had previously used. It was about 5 am so I thought I would have time to do it.
    I proceeded to put my phone in DFU mode and restore it, but just for a split second I thought to myself "why don't I restart it normally once, just to see what happens". To my complete amazement, after a very long load time, the phone booted to it's normal settings with it's entire content intact.
    At first I thought I had been transported to the Twilight Zone. I checked SE and it was running perfectly.
    I sat down to think about what had happened.
    Then in came to me. To improve the performance of my phone I had deleted about a quarter of the launch daemons, and I must have also deleted the one responsible for the formatting process.

But what happened?

Well, my theory is that while in idle mode all night, the phone actually changed it's external IP and like this it fixed the error I was getting.
    But what caused the problem? I actually think the problem was caused by going to the merchant and earning that 1 point of crystal that appears regularly as a reward for returning to tapjoy. This is the only thing I did that preceded the errors.
    I have not tested this as I am fed up with that error and don't want to get it again.

So this is my feedback, I hope it helps others

Thanks to the community for this great forum and to SE for being such an awesome game.

Cheers.