Close

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Please check out my boris deck and point out the mistakes..

As i said i would post my Boris deck, here it is..
    Its still incomplete, need a few more cards specially Jasmine and Priest of the light and maybe an armor

1X Boris
    4X Kristoffer Wyld
    3X Puwen
    3X Birgitte Skullborn
    2X Blake Windrunner
    2X Kurt Whitehelm
    2X Erika Shadowhunter
    2X Raven Wildheart
    2X Armored Sandworm
    2X Tainted Oracle
    2X Earthen Protector
    2X Aeon
    2X Warbanner
    3X Smashing Blow
    1X Enrage
    2X Warrior Training
    3X Crippling Blow
    3X Blood Frenzy
    2X Retreat!
    2X Good Ascendant
    1X Armor of Ages
    2X King's Pride
    2X Jeweler's Dream

50 cards total..its a pretty unusual deck i know but it provides me a vast amount of different strategies to count on.
    Kris+Retreat!
    EP+Aeon
    Erika+Warrior Training
    Raven+EP+Good ascendant
    and loads of others!..
    Its still incomplete as i need to rack up some gold to buy some more cards, till now this deck has gotten me to 210+ rank but currently i have fallen down to 156..need some practice i guess..
    Do drop a comment on what i need to change or tweak in this deck..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Speed Freak View Post
    Do drop a comment on what i need to change or tweak in this deck..
    A lot. First of all, crop it to 40 cards. Focus allies, I suggest removing Blake, Erica, TO, Kurt, EP and choosing between Sandworm and Raven. 4 Jas is a must, Aeon is also good, 3 is enough. 4x Blood Frenzy is almost always necessary for a warrior. -AoA, good ascendant, warrior training and maybe warbanner. Also consider Violent Defender as a way of regaining board control.
    I suggest you deciding what strategy do you want and hold on to it. Now you have just random compilation of cards that most likely won't allow you to perform any kind of strategy well, except for ally spam.
    Last edited by Unruler; 03-24-2012 at 12:19 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Unruler View Post
    A lot. First of all, crop it to 40 cards. Focus allies, I suggest removing Blake, Erica, TO, Kurt, EP and choosing between Sandworm and Raven. 4 Jas is a must, Aeon is also good, 3 is enough. 4x Blood Frenzy is almost always necessary for a warrior. -AoA, good ascendant, warrior training and maybe warbanner. Also consider Violent Defender as a way of regaining board control.
    I suggest you deciding what strategy do you want and hold on to it. Now you have just random compilation of cards that most likely won't allow you to perform any kind of strategy well, except for ally spam.
    Yeah i am thinking of removing Blake and maybe TO too but warrior training+Erika and EP+Aeon combo has won me many games...played at the right time it can assure a 100% victory.
    I'll remove warbanner too, it does not help me much. and i used to play valiant defender in my earlier decks but i never used it much..i'll try playing with it again..
    i can remove AoA but good ascendant+Armored Sandworm+warrior training is a great combo i think..it can stall a game pretty well..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Yeah i am thinking of removing Blake and maybe TO too but warrior training+Erika and EP+Aeon combo has won me many games...played at the right time it can assure a 100% victory.
    Won't work with mages or priests because of board wipes. Erica is just straight up bad in current meta, she is useless versus mages and mages are dominant.
    and i used to play valiant defender in my earlier decks but i never used it much..i'll try playing with it again..
    I agree, it's not very useful, you might just not include it, but problem is you don't have any means to regain board control if you lose it, you basically will lose the game there's no second chance...
    good ascendant+Armored Sandworm+warrior training is a great combo i think..it can stall a game pretty well..
    You don't need warrior training with Aeon and Skullborn, either remove Aeon and keep training or remove training and worm to keep Aeon.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Your deck lacks a bit of focus. You should consider what your ideal turn one to turn five would be and work from that. As for the Erika and Warrior Training combo that can be the focus of your deck, there's nothing wrong about trying something different as long as you are aware of the risks.

Also, like Unruler wrote, you should try your best to not go beyond the 39 (plus hero) cards limit and four copies of Blood Frenzy really is a must in any Warrior deck.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by thendless View Post
    Your deck lacks a bit of focus. You should consider what your ideal turn one to turn five would be and work from that. As for the Erika and Warrior Training combo that can be the focus of your deck, there's nothing wrong about trying something different as long as you are aware of the risks.
    I disagree, Erica + WT only will win you match-up against Wulven and probably warriors, since Shield Bash is underused, any other class has means to get rid of that combo.

Also, like Unruler wrote, you should try your best to not go beyond the 39 (plus hero) cards limit and four copies of Blood Frenzy really is a must in any Warrior deck.
    Except for alyless mill xDD

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I just won a match against a Zhanna, Aeon and sandworms saved the day!...

and erika combo IS pretty useless against mages and priests but it is VERY effective against hunters,Wulvens and warriors..each has their pros and cons i guess.
    and about the blood frenzies, I've lost MANY matches against mages and hunters just because i cast BF..since their abilities can poison+burn you..and losing 3 hp a turn is not a good idea especially against eladwens who go all out offensive every single turn..
    it is though very effective against others..
    and i have'nt been able to buy Nova infusion or sever ties which are the only counters against such..

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I just won a match against a Zhanna, Aeon and sandworms saved the day!...

and erika combo IS pretty useless against mages and priests but it is VERY effective against hunters,Wulvens and warriors..each has their pros and cons i guess.
    and about the blood frenzies, I've lost MANY matches against mages and hunters just because i cast BF..since their abilities can poison+burn you..and losing 3 hp a turn is not a good idea especially against eladwens who go all out offensive every single turn..
    and i have'nt been able to buy Nova infusion or sever ties which are the only counters against such..
    Ok let me be honest here:

You have way too many separate combos. What if you don't draw a single one of your combos, or draw the wrong one? You die. Play 2nd and draw Blake... Tough luck I guess. What if you draw Erika and no Raven/Sandworm against a Mage? You probably lose the game. What if you don't draw your BF/TO? You lose because you can't draw any cards and that WILL happen if you play only 5 draw cards. 5 draw cards are barely consistent in a 40 card deck but in 50? No.

Jeweler's Dream is only good at around turn 4-7 and I wouldn't take my chances on drawing that in this current deck.

There is a reason why people try to minimize their deck size and focus: They want to draw what they want when they want. You have too little draw power to maintain a solid hand and then you will probably be topdecking Erikas and Armor of Ages' against a Mage.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    Hunters have arrows which will hit your Erica straight to the knee, warriors have Shield Bash, and humans have Special Delivery, they most likely won't run them, but who knows. So you have only one match-up that has no means to deal with that combo - Wulven.

If you are concerned about it, get more heal, add Rampage. Blood Frenzy is very good draw engine, don't underestimate it. If you lost because of it, you would lost even faster without it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    -2 Good Ascendant
    -1 Armor of Ages
    -2 Blake Windrunner
    these 5cards are useless..