Close

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes, that a lot of Banebow's arsenal can bypass armor and stealth is very key to his success.

Although I'm not a fan of Shadow Font with him, but that's more a personal preference than a decision based purely on strategy.
    -Doctor of Philosophy, A1 Alliance - Evolution in theory
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Santa Bomb ©2011, Lamb Slam & Feedbomb ©2012 - All rights reserved

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

We are all one mind, capable of all imagined, and all conceivable.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I have problems with big allies, no surprise. Ogloths, 5-health allies like Plasma, Gargoyle, etc.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Also worms are still a nightmare.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    This is why I run 4x Poison Arrow and 2x Flaming Arrow.
    Original designer of the Serena Superdraw® archetype; connoisseur of all things un-meta

Zaladar - ZTC 3.0: The Feedbomb Dynamo <-- An iconic deck in Shadow Era history - SE v1.5

Listen to past episodes of State of the Era: a dialogue on all things Shadow Era, brought to you by Alliance One

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by doghouse View Post
    sometimes I think I should run Carniboar over Brut.
    I use Carniboar in my Banebow deck, and ran my rank up to 298 with it before getting bored and switching to other heroes for a while. Especially in the early game, it makes a good combo with arrows, Death Mage Thaddeus, and Banebow's ability. It's a simple pleasure, but I enjoy watching a mage waste a fireball on a 4/4 carniboar.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by doghouse View Post
    I'm playing Banebow at the moment, and while I didn't use it to climb all the way up (I only have one account, and I like playing all sorts of decks) I have been using it recently to climb from something like 296 to 306 now. It certainly seems competitive at the 300 level but I think it needs work. Deckbuilding has never been my strong suit, so please give me feedback on how to make this deck better at the level that I am at now. It's 41 cards but I just don't know what to cut.

Banebow 1.5

Allies

3x Gargoyle
    4x Brutalis
    4x Death Mage
    3x Shadow Knight
    3x Molton Destroyer
    4x Wulven Tracker

Other

2x Flaming Arrow
    2x Poison Arrow
    2x Sacrificial Lamb
    3x Shriek
    2x Ley Line Nexus

4x Wrath of the Forest
    4x Soul Seeker
    This is pretty much my deck! You're just being modest - it's hard to find fault in it from my viewpoint. You probably want to max out on Sacrificial Lamb - with a Wrath out, I often end up drawing ~10 more cards than a mage with Research. You don't even have to wait til any ally is crippled or damaged; just keep trading your allies for more cards whenever you're not under pressure. I also have two more Poison Arrows and 2 Carniboar, since I like early defense. Wulven Tracker is a bit slow, and frankly with Wrath + SL you'll have no want for cards.

As for the options you mentioned, Bad Santa has its uses but it's not for Banebow. Death Trap conflicts with all the 3-drops just like Flaming Arrow does, plus it "revitalizes" all the Kris in their hand, since instead of being Banebow/Thaddeus bait he can now counter Death Trap. Shadow Font seems bad - compare with Soul Seeker. I'm not really sure about Acid Jet, never liked it enough to use it.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetgab View Post
    This is pretty much my deck! You're just being modest - it's hard to find fault in it from my viewpoint. You probably want to max out on Sacrificial Lamb - with a Wrath out, I often end up drawing ~10 more cards than a mage with Research. You don't even have to wait til any ally is crippled or damaged; just keep trading your allies for more cards whenever you're not under pressure. I also have two more Poison Arrows and 2 Carniboar, since I like early defense. Wulven Tracker is a bit slow, and frankly with Wrath + SL you'll have no want for cards.

As for the options you mentioned, Bad Santa has its uses but it's not for Banebow. Death Trap conflicts with all the 3-drops just like Flaming Arrow does, plus it "revitalizes" all the Kris in their hand, since instead of being Banebow/Thaddeus bait he can now counter Death Trap. Shadow Font seems bad - compare with Soul Seeker. I'm not really sure about Acid Jet, never liked it enough to use it.
    +1 totally agree
    i have a banebow deck as well. it's very similar too except i have 4SL 4DMT 4Gargoyle. no Wulven Tracker
    ha i guess all banebow use the same style LOL

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Yes, with WotF and all the (3) allies in Banebow, Sacrificial Lamb is certainly better suited than Bad Santa.

I prefer Acid Jet in Banebow over LLN because I seldom go over 7 resources with Banebow, and it can be played the same turn as a (3) ally. And, between WotF and SL, I don't exactly need the cantrip effect of LLN.

But that's just me.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    molten destroyer is hugely better against mages, rogues, and any janky evil ascendent deck. I think most BB's at high rating are playing something similar to this right now. I agree with what everyone else has said about wulven tracker. I tried to play them for a while, as well. They just never worked out. At the end of it all, they're an easier-to-kill 3 drop that costs 4.

I don't know if you've had my experience of late -- an experience I was informed about on this board and of which i didn't feel the impact until I got up to around 285 or so. But, lances are everywhere now. And, as handily as BB can dispatch an eladwyn, it seems Lance can dispatch a BB. It might be the case that I have to accept the paper rock scissors. BUt, I'm still desperately trying to throw in enough meta to stand a chance.

extra SL's and acid jets have helped me. Against Lance, flame arrow > poison arrow. If Lance doesn't get a bad draw, there will be a point at which you have no allies (or the equivelent of no allies) on the board and he'll have a raven or aeon (hopefully not both). At that points, it's a race to get that bad boy down. The few times I've overcome that situation, flame arrow helped. More often, I've had to avoid that situation with death trap; yes, death trap. It's a hail mary, I agree. But, sometimes when you lay it down just before his sixth turn, it can really mess up his rhythm.
    "The only real currency in this bankrupt world is what you share with someone else when you're uncool." -- Almost Famous

"Look at your fine self. You look like you should be married to one of the San Diego Padres." -- Tracy Morgan

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I haven't noticed a swell of Lance. I see quite a wide variety of decks at the 300ish level (I can't break past 308ish). I see Boris, Maj, Elad, Lance, Serena, Gwen, Banebow, Gravebone, Zaladar, Amber...Great meta.

I'm getting stuck with BB. Dropped Trackers and am trying other options. Lamb is insane but situational. Big/many allies are the bane of banebow.