Close

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Origins Tournments and Physical Card Release

Hello:

I have a few questions and wasn't sure where to post them so I posted them here in Game Discussion.

First off I see that the Physical Release Date is May 30th @ Origins. If I was to do the Pre-Order would I get my cards sooner then May 30th? I would like to have my cards available for Origins as I plan to play Shadow Era at that event so I'm trying to see if it would be better to Pre-Order or if I should just go to Origins and purchase from the Shadow Era booth. I want to make sure I get the cards on or before May 30th.

Second; will there be any tournaments at Origins for Shadow Era (official or even non-official)? If so do we know how many and on what days? Any idea on prizes? I'll only be able to go on Friday this year (June 1) so I am trying to plan to see if there will be Shadow Era events I can play in. But I'm trying to see if I can make it on Saturday too.

Any help is appreciated Thanks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    You should definitely buy the pre-order, since you get sooo many bonuses that won't be available after the launch.

However, you're right that there is certainly a risk that you won't get your order on time, depending on how fast we can ship out 4,000 orders. Obviously we'll have a team of slaves doing all the logistics, but they're shipped in the order they were.. ordered.

However at Origins we likely won't have a big tournament, as the game is just too new and finding qualified judges would be a challenge. Instead we're hosting multiple smaller games (we have a big booth and reserved game tables in the gaming area) with smaller prizes such as limited edition foils, playmats, etc. Most will likely be booster draft format, which is pretty low cost and lets anyone enter.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    what is origins?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Origins is a gaming convention in Columbus OH starting May 30th 2012 and going to June 3. It is the event in which Shadow Era will release the physical cards for the first time.

I plan to pre-order a little of the product, but the risk is there and all my gaming friends will be at Origins so I plan to buy most of my product at the convention (I'll also be looking for some rares so if you want to trade look for TheRaja). Do we know how much Starter Decks, Packs, and Boxes will run at the convention? I see the pre-order for a box is $40, will that be the price of a box at the convention?

Also thanks for the info so quickly. I'll make sure to stop by the booth and see the game and talk with you guys. I was a big part of WWE's Raw Deal TCG that ran from 2000-2008. I helped run the convention scene for Comic Images as one of their judges (including Origins and GenCon; those tournaments ran up to 300 players at times too) so I'm eager to see where in the next year or so this game will be. Would love to see a World Championships at a GenCon

Thanks

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Rogg just to let you know. I plan to be that world champion or at least a contender. I am hoping this game will take off and be at least as big as Raw Deal.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Cerebralcortex, I look forward to the day where I enter a tourny and I see you sitting across from me. Good memories man. We can never go back to those days but I hope to find the next evolution of those days

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

responses very

how do you do?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

I appreciated

nothing else needs