Close

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Well, the figuring for the Bad Santa is that unless I get it on the opening draw, I'm probably only going to be sacrificing it later on in the game, so I want to ensure (as much as I can) that I get one in my opening hand. And, Blood Frenzy I only need to draw once in a game, so no reason to have four of them. Bad Santa is mostly only good in this deck opening hand, whereas Blood Frenzy is good no matter when it's drawn.

Rampage has kept me alive, and subsequently allowed me to get a win no fewer than five times since I've been playing this deck. Once you establish board control, it's nice to get back some of the life points I've been so free to give up to the opp's early allies.

Valiant Defender expires at the end of your turn. You play it, it's there for your next two turns. Cast it on turn 4 with 4 resources available, play Behemoth 5th turn without so much fear of the opp's allies killing (or contributing to the killing) of him before he can blast and attack at least once, which will usually kill two allies. The Rain Delays serve the same purpose, simply to protect exhausted allies for their opening round. Plus, with Ter Adun, I can kill my own Rain Delay on the following turn and use the allies that it has been protecting.

Not that your suggestions or critiques aren't valid. These are just my reasonings for the build as it is. I'm @ 338 now, and record with Ter Adun is now 20-4. Lost twice to Eladwen decks that played turns 4, 5, and 6 Sandras on me. Both Eladwen decks in a row got that draw against me. What are the odds of that b*llsh*t??

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won

Smile

So I'm sitting at 410 right now pretty much exclusively playing only Ter Adun and Majiya. The list I'm running includes 4 Here Be Monsters. Every shadow deck absolutely needs this card in my opinion. Anyways, this is what I've been running.

4 Infernal Gargoyle
    4 Plasma Behemoth
    4 Chimera
    4 Bad Wolf
    4 Valiant Defender
    2 War Banner
    2 Enrage
    4 Crippling Blow
    2 Rampage
    4 Blood Frenzy
    4 Here Be Monsters

The worst matchup for this deck is against any elemental deck with Mind Controls. I have yet to beat an elemental deck. For all other matchups, playing against Eladwen and Darkclaw don't seem like they're out of control now. Even when going 2nd, I've felt confident.

Anyways. Just my input.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I just built Ter Adun after reading your post, BlanketEffect. Thanks for sharing.

I'm at just 359 from Solo Darkclaw but it seems this deck could beat darkclaw and will face few quiters at the beginning of the game, because the opponent will leave the game if they see opponent's hero (Darkclaw or Eladwen) and Ter Adun solves this problem ^^.

I tested your build and found that I have a problem with early blake. I added 2 rampage and 4th blood frenzy since I need blood frenzy in my openning hand.

I rarely cast bad santa coz' most of the time when I have spare mana to cast it, my opponent also has few cards in hand so I prefer to sac. it to be my resource. Casting bad santa at early game will make u to have 7 cards in hand at your draw step, so you won't draw a card at draw step. IMO, bad santa is good with Mill deck or darkclaw deck because it could damage an opponent when they have no card left on library.

But I am happy with your build + 2 rampage and 1 blood frenzy so far. Nice deck.
    Last edited by kongkun; 03-15-2011 at 05:04 AM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I think this guy is going to see a lot more play when the weapons come out, especially for potential warrior vs warrior matches.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Nice decks but they are on the large side which makes getting the cards you want vs Eladwen 30 card decks a pain.

I think maybe Brutalis would go well, they are cheap and you can combine with War Banner to become a 2/4 card which isnt bad. Snake would be another option.

I know Here be Monsters is very good but it just adds to the deck number and in this deck there are a lot of 2 - 3 resource cards which I would rather put down early game instead.

1 Ter Adun

4 Infernal Gargoyle
    4 Brutalis OR Snake
    4 Bad Wolf
    3 Plasma Behemoth OR Chimera

4 Valiant Defender
    4 Crippling Blow
    4 Blood Frenzy
    3 War Banner
    3 Rampage
    1 Enrage
    Last edited by TotallyImba; 03-15-2011 at 06:16 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like the last deck alot. With fewer cards it makes relying on bad Santa / bazaar less prominent because you're already drawing what you néed. I've stated earlier that I think bazaar is a decent card. But only on turn 2 other wise I feel it's just a "land" card in my deck. I suspect Blake will most likely get nerfed in some way or another. And it's nice to se more decks that aren't just gonna Gg vs darkclaw turn 1

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    It's a fun deck when I get the cards I need, Eladwen can definitely establish board control easy if ANYTHING goes awry it seems. You missing that cruicial rain delay or crippling blow and it's gg. I mean I am not the best player in the world, but that appears to be the case.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovai View Post
    It's a fun deck when I get the cards I need, Eladwen can definitely establish board control easy if ANYTHING goes awry it seems. You missing that cruicial rain delay or crippling blow and it's gg. I mean I am not the best player in the world, but that appears to be the case.
    Yes, I'll agree with that for the most part. It wasn't so much the case in the low 300s, but now I'm @ 360 and the Eladwens I play against are a bit tougher and the above statement is true much more often. Even killing their Portal and/or Research doesn't do enough to outweigh their superior ally onslaught.

Still fun to play, but not top-tier competitive (until, perhaps, the new cards/weapons are released.)