Close

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by glencocoe View Post
    I guess I can see that. I do admit ogloth would be an epic card to "release" especially throwing down cards, using SC, and then casting spells, biding your time. Lol in addition that "paranoia" factor goes WAY up If you do it once LOLLL. People think twice about leaving allies on the board. Reminds me of a similar situation in 1.29 w/warriors and warrior training (no I didnt use ericka). I used warrior training on a raven, and they never let me leave anyone on the board again...which is cool because less damage for me lol.

I just wonder what's gonna happen for those gwens & such...right now the meta is a lot less weapon-y and less armor-y so I think this'll get by, especially since you said it's been doing well. For me, i see the occasional gravebone, a lot of eladwens, some zaladars, banebow especially, and the occasional majiya. Ive been running w/majiya since 1.29 & was suprised she took off so well. Its amazing how a small change to an ability can make a hero so epic

But anyways, Just like chess, the goal is to topple the king. In this case, the opposing hero's life points. And it seems like this is a good offensive build. Its funny because ive been talking to a couple guildies about perhaps including 2 SC & 2 ST...

I'm just wondering what happens when they meddle w/plans and such. You know.

What's your IGN? I'd love to see a couple games and which heroes did you lose to..? Lucky breaks or was it something else?
    IGN: kerorro.... alien frog

and yes, it's a very aggressive deck. in mage vs mage i won many games because SL 3cc ally got 1 more burn.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Cooks View Post
    i like this deck!

tested it quite a bit but made it 45 cards with addition of shriek and 2x dagger
    so far it looks very solid

thx for sharing
    don't make it 45...if you want DOU and shriek (both great cards, add defensive power to deck).... please remove other cards instead. e.g 3 DMT, 3 Brutalis.
    By adding to 45cards i am sure the deck strength will decrease....

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by stevevai1983 View Post
    IGN: kerorro.... alien frog

and yes, it's a very aggressive deck. in mage vs mage i won many games because SL 3cc ally got 1 more burn.
    I see you like anime O.o! So what were the losses? Moonstalker?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by glencocoe View Post
    I see you like anime O.o! So what were the losses? Moonstalker?
    if i remember correctly, first loss was my very first game .. i had no idea how mage vs mage work. Purely my bad play..
    second one was vs elementalis. close fight.. i made mistakes cost me the game..
    third one was vs MS. It's so close, he had no cards in his deck. i just need to hold 1 more turn... (i remember i lack 1~2damage...)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    don't make it 45...if you want DOU and shriek (both great cards, add defensive power to deck).... please remove other cards instead. e.g 3 DMT, 3 Brutalis.
    By adding to 45cards i am sure the deck strength will decrease....
    yeah i try to cut it down to 40 but to do so i use first 45 cards and then decide which to cut :P
    i think after 20 more games or so im on the magical 40 dont worry ^^

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    if i remember correctly, first loss was my very first game .. i had no idea how mage vs mage work. Purely my bad play..
    second one was vs elementalis. close fight.. i made mistakes cost me the game..
    third one was vs MS. It's so close, he had no cards in his deck. i just need to hold 1 more turn... (i remember i lack 1~2damage...)
    I see That's understandable I just started playing around w/portal a bit myself. I already had the gargoyle/DMT/Brutalis thing going. It was just deciding on 5cc cards & the discerning items. This is what I have. On my test account I've gotten up to 220...nothing impressive @ all...I'll get happy when I get well above 300. Anyways, I've been w/majiya since...release actually. And started seriously working on her in the middle of 1.29. When I heard her ability changed to indiscriminate draw on hit...I was ecstatic. So many times ability + brutalis or ability + DoU didn't net me a card. and even when you don't care about killing someone, draw is nice if you just need burn. Anyways, enough rambling. This is what I have:

1x majiya

3x gargoyle
    3x death Mage Thaddeus
    3x shadow knight
    3x molten destroyer
    2x ogloth

4x fireball
    4x lightning strike
    3x nova
    3x portal
    2x shadow font
    2x sacrificial lamb
    2x sever ties
    3x leyline nexus

42 cards total

Playing w/out portal is standing up so that's good. However, it seems I'm not really getting it when I want. I want to include 1 more, but idk what to cut. While I'm still testing it, I refuse to cut LLN. At least right now...Lower ranked players seem to love armor so I'll keep it for the annoying (but futile) attempts to curb my damage output. I have nova because it's great w/portal, ogloth & such. A lot of people think shadow font is unnecessary, but it is. Thats all I'll say about it right now. Shadow knight's great for first or second run through portal. Especially if someone was annoyed enough to kill gargoyle or DMT, supplying another ally for portal. I hate the 4 hp, but it's not entirely as important as you'd think. Great for tidal waves and wipe-happy players. Ogloth in my opinion is the shadow side's version of an EP, in regards to reacting to death. People have to make a decision between one 5cc card or the other. Anyways, I'm still testing. Right now I like the 4/3/3 brutalis/DMT/gargoyle mix so I'm keeping that as a base. Anyways, I'll try to remember to update people.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i would suggest -2 shadow font, -1 LLN... get 3 more allies.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    @stevevai1983

Obviously the deck looks great, but how do you play without item destruction? I just played against a Gwen and I know I would have lost without a Ley Line Nexus. Do you just race when this happens, or what? I'd put in LLN in your deck but I don't know what I'd cut...

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Balthor5000 View Post
    @stevevai1983

Obviously the deck looks great, but how do you play without item destruction? I just played against a Gwen and I know I would have lost without a Ley Line Nexus. Do you just race when this happens, or what? I'd put in LLN in your deck but I don't know what I'd cut...
    ye LLN is a great card. you can try remove server ties to get 2 LLN. or reduce 1 DMT..
    wait actually i might try Acid Jet instead of LLN. Because Acid can deal with all weapon/armor.. Wrath of the Forest is super annoying !!

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    ye LLN is a great card. you can try remove server ties to get 2 LLN. or reduce 1 DMT..
    wait actually i might try Acid Jet instead of LLN. Because Acid can deal with all weapon/armor.. Wrath of the Forest is super annoying !!
    Don't use acid jet...against Gwen...? Can you say 4 durability still left? Same w/KP. It's nice...but most of the time you still can't do anything after. Might as well use LLN & get draw while COMPLETELY destroying the item

And for shadow font, a lot of people don't like it w/kamiya, but it works. Better than most think.