Close

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Curious about dmt. Seems weak with portal. Is he really that much better than bad wolf?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Cleverb0t View Post
    Curious about dmt. Seems weak with portal. Is he really that much better than bad wolf?
    Short answer: YES!

DMT do 3 damage with portal as well... but most important: when you cast DMT, he will immediately deal 1 damage ! This is so useful for taking down 4hp ally.. (game changing...)

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by Airact View Post
    From my experience of Portal Majiyaing, I have found it fairly easy to reach 8 resources. 4x Research and start drawin' shit. t5-6(even 4 if I have board control) Portal -> Bella, Minotaur, PB.

Minotaur weak without Portal? 6 health draws a lot of fire. If you fear Lance, tech against it a bit more and hold your big allies until you have Portal to not get Raven'd to death. Even Bella is very usable without Portal.
    I don't like Bella at all.. but i will try Minotaur.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Reached 313 without additional loss

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries
    I think, main point of this deck is to be able to play without the portal. Portal is just an addition.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Agree with what Unruler posted..

Most portal decks seem to be build completly for the portal, and without portal they just suck (Bella isn't really that good without portal, se dies to nearly all allies). This deck can handle it just fine without portal, portal gives extra lots of extra power to the deck, of course, but you can win even with portal being late.
    Member of E2E.

“Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous.”
    “Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
    “God did not create evil. Just as darkness is the absence of light, evil is the absence of God.”
    “I want to know God's thoughts - the rest are mere details.”
    “Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts.”

- by Albert Einstein

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    I like it! But No plasma behemoth for armor-piercing? No LLN for armor itself? Shriek...Mmm that's debatable. But I constantly find myself wishing I had it (IGG, JD, research, other shenanigans).

I know PB is bad w/portal, but still...you have any games where you've had to deal w/pesky armor to show us?

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by glencocoe View Post
    I like it! But No plasma behemoth for armor-piercing? No LLN for armor itself? Shriek...Mmm that's debatable. But I constantly find myself wishing I had it (IGG, JD, research, other shenanigans).

I know PB is bad w/portal, but still...you have any games where you've had to deal w/pesky armor to show us?
    Ye... LLN is good. I don't like Shriek for this deck because my resource curve is high. There is no real threat with 4cost item.

The last decision for me was LLN*2 or Sever ties*2 and i chose Sever ties because it's more aggressive and most time it's "I win" card..

Also originally i used PB instead of MD.. it's not working.. really need 4 damage.
    Last edited by stevevai1983; 03-23-2012 at 01:56 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Quote Originally Posted by stevevai1983 View Post
    Ye... LLN is good. I don't like Shriek for this deck because my resource curve is high. There is no real threat with 4cost item.

The last decision for me was LLN*2 or Sever ties*2 and i chose Sever ties because it's more aggressive and most time it's "I win" card..

Also originally i used PB instead of MD.. it's not working.. really need 4 damage.
    I guess I can see that. I do admit ogloth would be an epic card to "release" especially throwing down cards, using SC, and then casting spells, biding your time. Lol in addition that "paranoia" factor goes WAY up If you do it once LOLLL. People think twice about leaving allies on the board. Reminds me of a similar situation in 1.29 w/warriors and warrior training (no I didnt use ericka). I used warrior training on a raven, and they never let me leave anyone on the board again...which is cool because less damage for me lol.

I just wonder what's gonna happen for those gwens & such...right now the meta is a lot less weapon-y and less armor-y so I think this'll get by, especially since you said it's been doing well. For me, i see the occasional gravebone, a lot of eladwens, some zaladars, banebow especially, and the occasional majiya. Ive been running w/majiya since 1.29 & was suprised she took off so well. Its amazing how a small change to an ability can make a hero so epic

But anyways, Just like chess, the goal is to topple the king. In this case, the opposing hero's life points. And it seems like this is a good offensive build. Its funny because ive been talking to a couple guildies about perhaps including 2 SC & 2 ST...

I'm just wondering what happens when they meddle w/plans and such. You know.

What's your IGN? I'd love to see a couple games and which heroes did you lose to..? Lucky breaks or was it something else?
    Last edited by glencocoe; 03-23-2012 at 04:47 PM.

Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    i like this deck!

tested it quite a bit but made it 45 cards with addition of shriek and 2x dagger
    so far it looks very solid

thx for sharing